Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Jun 2019, 18:46 (Ref:3907934)   #76
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yep, great pics, thanks. E.B, I guess the 5 series Bimmer is pedaled by someone you know?
Old 4 Jun 2019, 20:30 (Ref:3907947)   #77
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the Gemini pics Brands, I seem to be leaning over considerably more than Iain in the same corner! To explain, Iain did an out, flying and in lap in qually so he could drive the car on Sunday, punctuated by a quick pit as the prop was hitting the guard under the crown jewels - if any spectators were wondering why it sounded like a tin of old nails, that's why. I finished the session with the car not feeling quite right but sufficiently quick not to arouse suspicion of a problem given the calibre of the field. In the Saturday race I retired on the first lap as it wouldn't rev above 5000, on Sunday Iain soldiered on with the same problem so he could try and work out what the issue was. We're still none the wiser, but working on it. As always, the handling and braking was impeccable and we could both chase the quick cars through the corners, but on the straights......they were gone.
Old 4 Jun 2019, 23:43 (Ref:3907968)   #78
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
E.B, I guess the 5 series Bimmer is pedaled by someone you know?
I think it is Bill Cutler. If it is he is heavily involved in Historic Touring cars here....a member of our club. He also has an M3 he races in our Heritage TC's. I think he also still has a race BMW 2002 for basic HTC racing.

He is a very successful independent optometrist based in Kew, a suburb of Melbourne. (I was going to go to him for glasses once, but was warned he was too expensive for me to use... so I went to Specsavers!)
Old 5 Jun 2019, 05:49 (Ref:3907993)   #79
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Colin, the Iain shot is at the first right hander at the complex, your photo is through the fence at the second right hander.

Last edited by brands; 5 Jun 2019 at 06:06.
Old 5 Jun 2019, 06:26 (Ref:3907996)   #80
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I think it is Bill Cutler. If it is he is heavily involved in Historic Touring cars here....a member of our club. He also has an M3 he races in our Heritage TC's. I think he also still has a race BMW 2002 for basic HTC racing.

He is a very successful independent optometrist based in Kew, a suburb of Melbourne. (I was going to go to him for glasses once, but was warned he was too expensive for me to use... so I went to Specsavers!)
Forgot to mention, if it is Bill I think he has done a number of Euro events....ie Spa. In Europe he seems to use the 535.... not sure if it is a car of his he keeps in Europe or whether it is a lease of a Euro based car.
Old 5 Jun 2019, 08:11 (Ref:3908004)   #81
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can confirm it was Bill Cutler in the BMW M535 . Unfortunately Bill had two DNFs due , I believe , to overheating . Another Australian competitor was Kim Shearn in his Formula Junior Lotus 20/22 .
Old 5 Jun 2019, 08:50 (Ref:3908009)   #82
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Forgot to mention, if it is Bill I think he has done a number of Euro events....ie Spa. In Europe he seems to use the 535.... not sure if it is a car of his he keeps in Europe or whether it is a lease of a Euro based car.
He also has some nice on boards of him driving on his YouTube channel.
Old 5 Jun 2019, 10:00 (Ref:3908020)   #83
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I was going to go to him for glasses once, but was warned he was too expensive for me to use... so I went to Specsavers!
Now you know what it takes to race Bimmers. This M535 is wonderful, very well prepared and driven. A rare model, others use more likely 530 ius or 528 i. The homologation forms have to be carefully studied, basically they are the same but minimum weight and number of speeds differ, all that from memory.
Old 5 Jun 2019, 19:13 (Ref:3908149)   #84
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
HRDC Allstars, Sunday morning qually:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2250.jpg   IMG_2333.jpg   IMG_2210.jpg  

IMG_2214.jpg   IMG_2348.jpg   IMG_2266.jpg  

Old 5 Jun 2019, 19:37 (Ref:3908156)   #85
brands
Veteran

and finallythe HRDC Alfa challenge
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2442.jpg   IMG_2462.jpg   IMG_2605.jpg  

IMG_2609.jpg   IMG_2557.jpg   IMG_2510.jpg  

Old 5 Jun 2019, 23:07 (Ref:3908186)   #86
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Bit late post event but Saturday was fantastic. Good atmosphere to match the weather, some races had full grids to make up for the couple that didn't

The demos at lunchtime were ace. Seeimg a proper F3000 car for the first time in over 15 years really put the hairs up on my neck!

Great racing in the HRDC touring, FJ and Sportscars.

Shame HTCC entry was low and trouble is with double headers that when cars hit problems there's less in the 2nd....

I hope the event continues but there will need a good plan
Old 6 Jun 2019, 06:08 (Ref:3908216)   #87
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
A Spruce Green Mk1 Cortina. Probably its original colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Most of the field of U2TCs
Old 6 Jun 2019, 06:48 (Ref:3908221)   #88
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's the blue fastback, no. 30, in the HRDC batch?
Old 6 Jun 2019, 21:43 (Ref:3908360)   #89
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
Number 30 in the HRDC Allstars race was Matthew Moore in an Austin Healey Jamaican . This particular car was based on a 1959 Austin Healey 3000 . Apparently if your Austin Healey 100 or 3000 body was rotten , or you just fancied updating it , you could go to Fibrefab and they would supply you with a Jamaican bodykit .
Old 7 Jun 2019, 06:22 (Ref:3908394)   #90
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah –*thanks. I like it.
Old 7 Jun 2019, 07:08 (Ref:3908399)   #91
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
No problem , it's certainly different to your standard Austin Healey 3000 !
Old 8 Jun 2019, 18:11 (Ref:3908660)   #92
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwh38/...57708988648356

Finally getting some Thruxton photos up on Flickr for your delectation - first is the HTCC and Tony Dron Trophy race complete with a flame spitting Cossie and various tyre saving antics at the Chicane.
Old 12 Jun 2019, 15:54 (Ref:3909562)   #93
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwh38/albums

All Saturday galleries now up on Flickr. So much better backgrounds than some other tracks I could mention !