Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 9 Sep 2003, 21:31 (Ref:713567)   #1
Stone-kicker
Racer

England
Stone-kicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JCC Snetterton - 21st September

The JCC's meeting at Snetterton takes place on 21st September and we are desparate for marshals.

We will be running races for Centurian Challenge, 100k Championship, Morgan Owners Club, Metro's and an invitation race for Over Fifties (The Old Fart's Race as it is known in some quarters!).

As usual, the JCC will contribute £10 towards your expenses for the day. If you can help us, please contact me by email using the following link JCC Chief Marshal
Old 10 Sep 2003, 16:16 (Ref:714235)   #2
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll be there.
Seeing as I'm doing Observing, Flagging and probably incident does that mean I can have £30?

Mark
Old 10 Sep 2003, 16:18 (Ref:714237)   #3
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seriously! If there's any way you can make it to this meeting then PLEASE VOLUNTEER to Chris!

I'd hate to think this meeting could be called off due to the lack of our support!

Mark
Old 15 Sep 2003, 14:59 (Ref:719610)   #4
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Does anyone know of any good eatery's near to Snetterton. I'm staying in the Town of Wymondham.
Old 16 Sep 2003, 12:17 (Ref:720627)   #5
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm, wymondham, you could go to the Bear in Attleborough, they do good food but you may meet me and my drunk friends, its sort of a young persons pub.
You could go to 'the Stag' which is a very short distance away from Snetterton on the A11.

I think i could go, i'll just check with my parents and i'll post what happens tonight!
Is it just a one day meeting? £10? that should pay for my night out tonght if my parents will lend me the money!
Old 16 Sep 2003, 12:21 (Ref:720635)   #6
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Smokey 6 litre
Hmmm, wymondham, you could go to the Bear in Attleborough but you may meet me and my drunk friends, its sort of a young persons pub.
Smokey.....Not ALL Observers are over the hill just yet!!
Old 18 Sep 2003, 21:29 (Ref:723524)   #7
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
See you there! First meeting at Snett for years. (That's what comes of having a Balti with one of the senior officials during the week!)

Regards

Jim
Old 19 Sep 2003, 08:15 (Ref:723854)   #8
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
You should choose your Balti partners more carefully.......sorry Bob!
Old 19 Sep 2003, 14:35 (Ref:724273)   #9
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by observer
Smokey.....Not ALL Observers are over the hill just yet!!
There is a differewnce between being over the hill and going to a pub where the average age is younger than 18!

i fairly sure that i should be able to go, you'll spot me easilly, i'll be the one in orange.
Old 20 Sep 2003, 10:15 (Ref:724916)   #10
Adrian Randle
Rookie

Adrian Randle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there.

Anyone know about camping at the circuit? (or sleeping in the car in my case?)

I'm heading over Saturday pm so see some of you there on Staurday night.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 07:52 (Ref:726080)   #11
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Not a bad days racing!
Apart from the OF's - the grids were excellent.

I was flagging at Riches in, and would like to pass my thanks on to Camera Tart, Mr Camera Tart and brian for their help throughout the day with pushing cars, pulling cars, putting fires out on cars etc. (They were on Rescue mind!!)

It was nice to be so far from home but still amongst familiar faces......Jim W was my observer again for the second weekend running, and I even spotted Peter Harding in orange overalls.

Mark
Old 22 Sep 2003, 07:53 (Ref:726083)   #12
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Does anyone know what happened to the Morgan that went off at Riches.....straight on through the corn field.....I heard he was last seen on the Thetford bypass!
Old 22 Sep 2003, 07:55 (Ref:726084)   #13
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Amusing piece of radio traffic heard in the morning......

"Don't think he can get it done in the paddock, but there's a bloke selling tyres in the market (Next Door).....he might be able to repair it!!!
Old 22 Sep 2003, 08:50 (Ref:726124)   #14
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
There were long gaps between races, i was lying on a bale for about 10mins after a race and then i heard them calling drivers to the collecting area for the next race.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 08:57 (Ref:726125)   #15
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
I think there were problems with the "Noise" scrutineers - holding things up
Old 22 Sep 2003, 11:42 (Ref:726284)   #16
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
problem was i kept falling asleep!
i miss my mid-day nap when i have to marshall so i try to get a bit of sleep whenever i can.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 17:49 (Ref:726758)   #17
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes that was a good day. Could have done with three or four more people at Riches but I have seen big and promoted meetings run with fewer people. Hard work by all on post with help from the crews of both Rescue units (in rotation) kept things going.

The black and yellow flag was obeyed well by the Metros on lap 2! It was a substantially complete waste of time on the other occasions when it was used. Sorry guys but it just does not seem to work. Next year we will have to see how a safety car works. (Fair play to the leader when showed the flag (or at least when he noticed it on the second time through), he slowed down well. Unfortunately the others all slowed just as much and so did not get closed up.

Nice to finish with two 15 minute races, not the 51 lap marathon.

Decent numbers of cars as well.

And the two metro drivers who stayed with us after lap one behaved in a most gentlemanly way to each other in spite of their collision. Well done chaps.

I did not feel like the drive back on Sunday evening and was not in work on Monday so stayed locally in a pub out of the Good Pub Guide. Excellent food and beer and a nice pub to enjoy them in. On Monday spent an hour watching USAF F15s and 16s(?) at Lakenheath. There is a viewing car park where you are close enough to feel them taking off in full afterburner. Makes cars seem a bit tame actually. Then a day in Ely including a trip up the central octagonal tower.

Made a good trip.

Jim

Last edited by JimW; 22 Sep 2003 at 17:52.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 23:40 (Ref:727170)   #18
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes Mark, you did see me in overalls as i'm usually on the bank for non 750 meetings down south, but only for 10 minutes because the radio guy didn't turn up so I was back in trousers and into race control.
Delays in practice were generally because cars were queued up in noise checking. For racing, some groups were slow getting to assembly despite several calls and the OF had some drivers/cars that were in the previous race and needed refuelling (Cars and drivers)
Despite all that the last race started exactly on time so well done JCC.
Old 23 Sep 2003, 07:27 (Ref:727338)   #19
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Harding
...the radio guy didn't turn up so I was back in trousers and into race control.
We wondered if it was you!
The guys on Phoenix Rescue said "That sounds like that bloke from the 750 on the radio, but we've seen him togged up, so it must be a soundalike!!"
Old 23 Sep 2003, 07:28 (Ref:727341)   #20
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Harding
Yes Mark, you did see me in overalls as i'm usually on the bank for non 750 meetings down south, but only for 10 minutes because the radio guy didn't turn up so I was back in trousers and into race control.
So, does that mean you take your trousers off when you're on the bank?
Old 23 Sep 2003, 21:35 (Ref:728153)   #21
Stone-kicker
Racer

England
Stone-kicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A BIG thankyou from the JCC to those of you who came to marshal for us at Snetterton at the weekend. A special thanks to those of you who performed different jobs to normal to enable the meeting to run smoothly.

We enjoyed some great weather and some entertaining racing with a good variety of cars. Although we had a number of incidents and 3(?) fires, eveything seemed to be handled very efficiently and the meeting ran largely to time. It (almost) makes the stress of the previous 10 days seem worth it!
Old 23 Sep 2003, 22:40 (Ref:728190)   #22
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Observer - was that last word in your message spelt correctly?