Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Dec 2000, 21:50 (Ref:52691)   #1
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Olive Garden Team Rafanelli driver Didier de Radigues recently competed in a different sort of endurance race to his more usual prototype run in the American Le Mans Series.

The third annual Bakel - Saint Louis - Dakar Corona Extra Jetraid. The race is run using jet-skis and takes place in and off the coast of Senegal, including 1.8kms of river and sea in 15 days. The competition included three closed courses, two oval races, two flash races and three offshores.

Despite being one of the few non-professional jet-ski racers to take part, de Radigues won one open sea heat race and finished in the top six in the balance of the offshore portions to take 18th overall out of the 24 F1 category jet-skis.

A former grand prix motorbike racer, de Radigues enjoys sailing and jet-skiing for recreation when not racing, but was competing in the event for the first time.

It shows just how a good racer can race most anything and be competitive.

Old 15 Dec 2000, 23:29 (Ref:52713)   #2
Splatz
Rookie

Splatz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with you entirely KC.

That's certainly an excellent example as well. I know Paul Tracy is a beast (really good) in karts and cart champcars, and in fact coaches or manages or something as well. But obviously they are fairly similar.

I read an article which stated that Schumacher Junior, recently took out a mega horsepower F1 super powerboat thing in the ocean. But I dont think he was racing.
Old 17 Dec 2000, 15:56 (Ref:53013)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well there was Gilles, of course, who raced snowmobiles and called it good training for racing Formula One in the rain. But Madame Villeneuve said that Gilles would race on roller skates - he just liked to compete.

And one remembers that Pironi was killed in a racing boat because he could not wait to get back into F1 after his terrible accident in his Ferrari.

Boys Just Wanna Go Fast!
Old 17 Dec 2000, 16:06 (Ref:53017)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I know of V8 supercar drivers Jason Bargwanna, Greg Murphy and Nathan Pretty have all had a go at Jet sprint boat racing and have done reasonably well..it seems as you say a racer can race anything and be fairly competitive....jet sprint boats are awesome and not so long ago one of my pit crew guys had a stint in one as a navigator and really enjoyed it and came back saying boat drivers are just as good as car drivers without a doubt.

heres a pic of my pit crew guy Adam at full flight.
Old 17 Dec 2000, 16:15 (Ref:53019)   #5
Splatz
Rookie

Splatz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cool pic, Marcus.

Yeah I forgot about Bargs doin that stuff. Good work Jeeves!