Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 31 Dec 2021, 11:28 (Ref:4091911)   #3351
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Happy New Year? Right!

Where's my State Pension got to, still not been paid and now a week late. I ranf the Gov.UK help line, and the first option was "If you are calling about a missed payment on the 24th of January, press 2"
Well imagining many millions of anxious OAPs hanging on I hung up, assuming it would be paid today, a week late, but Rishi is not playing ball.

Anyone else having problems? It is not a major problem financially speaking for me, however, it must be inconvenient for many.

Having had my rant may I join in the prevailing welter of happier sentiments and thank you all for making 2021 such a good year despite the pandemic, it has been a source of pleasure for me.

So HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone on the Historic Section, wishing you a peaceful, prosperous, and pain free 2022. May it exceed 2021, even as we take a last look at Mike's calendar. God Bless him.

Bob.
Old 31 Dec 2021, 12:04 (Ref:4091916)   #3352
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
We are also in for a (hopefully) quite night ourselves, but unfortunately our two dogs are petrified of fireworks and there always seems to be an unofficial competition in our area for who can have the loudest/longest display. We plan to eat & then turn in early and hopefully get some sleep before being disturbed by two frightened/angry dogs around midnight. Poor Mrs V is getting up just before 3 AM to go to work, she's not expecting much sleep after being disturbed...
A Happy & Healthy New Year to you all. Thanks for all of the fun and thought provoking/bamboozling puzzles that have helped to make 2021 more bearable
Old 31 Dec 2021, 12:54 (Ref:4091924)   #3353
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Happy New Year, Chris, first in rope.

Viva, our two Yorkies dont appreciate fireworks either but we wont eat them for that! Un bon gros calin avec quelques friandises shoud soften the bad moment. Love and hugs are a good remedy for them.

Happy New Year you all, Saint Emilion sounds a great choice not forgetting either Bollinger or Deutz. Or may be Taittinger, Dom Perignon being out of reach!

CHEERS!

Special dedicace to Iain:
Old 31 Dec 2021, 13:33 (Ref:4091932)   #3354
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Happy New Year? Right!

Where's my State Pension got to,
I think Rishi has borrowed it to pay for new Nightingale facilities.

I expect he will pay interest as compensation. That should be fine as long as the rate of interest is not negative - which it probably is at the moment.
Old 31 Dec 2021, 13:38 (Ref:4091933)   #3355
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, it must be the new year in NZ/Aus by now so best wishes to all for 2022.
Old 31 Dec 2021, 17:42 (Ref:4091970)   #3356
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was in the garage earlier, preparing a car for the first event of the year - my youngest son's wedding on Sunday We've spent Christmas avoiding other people like ...err...the plague. There will be no refund from the venue if the groom or his intended catch it before the big day, I might have found a quicker way to spend money than motor racing!

Mike's calendar caught my eye and I gave him a wave. Remember the Tenthers' Xmas bash at the Ace cafe? Mike often went to great lengths to get there by train, although much more sensible than the North Circular. Maybe next year? Meantime, A Better New Year to everyone

Over and out, see you on the other side.

Slainte Mhath !
Old 31 Dec 2021, 18:03 (Ref:4091973)   #3357
Mary Bell
Rookie

Mary Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMary Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy New year to you all. Thanks for keeping Mike's memory alive and the Banter going. I know he loved it. I tend to see what you have been on about weekly, half the time if it's technical car stuff I'm not sure what you're on about, but I love the interaction between you. So 2022 I will be behind the wheel in Gilbert with help from MG David, Iain and my David as trainee pit crew, starting with a track day in February if we get in. I am trying to attach a picture of an article David found from August 2012 in a motorsport magazine 'Down the pub with Mike Bell' but struggling to attach it! So if I can suss it out it will feature later. Looking forward to 2022 xx

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
Old 31 Dec 2021, 19:16 (Ref:4091979)   #3358
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry been off air over Christmas. Very busy at Delta HQ and then we all went to Cornwall over the holidays.I had a wonderful present from Mary and also a Bottas cap. Here they are. Happy New Year everyone and thanks for all your support.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Happy 2022..jpg
Views:	9
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	73052
Old 31 Dec 2021, 21:10 (Ref:4091987)   #3359
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Sorry been off air over Christmas. Very busy at Delta HQ and then we all went to Cornwall over the holidays.I had a wonderful present from Mary and also a Bottas cap. Here they are. Happy New Year everyone and thanks for all your support.
Attachment 73052
Blimey, drunk already.!!!
Old 31 Dec 2021, 21:19 (Ref:4091988)   #3360
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is me, signing off from the Banter '21 thread, looking forward to more of the same in '22. Thanks for keeping me sane in these dark times.

Another year, another opportunity.

All together now: "HAPPY DAYS!"

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk