Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 8 Apr 2021, 17:29 (Ref:4045164)   #176
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
The advance in battery technology over the years is certainly working. I know a forestry firm that now use a lot of battery chain saws, I was talking to one of the workers that claims his new one can run all day on one charge. Obviously it depends on how much work he is doing but I must admit I was impressed.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 8 Apr 2021, 17:35 (Ref:4045167)   #177
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I can't say it's ugly. I think it looks like a 2020s Hummer.
Old 10 Apr 2021, 17:04 (Ref:4045470)   #178
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
For me - the biggest consideration (and hence potential to opt for an EV) is the speed with which the range can be replenished.

So for instance - a range of 200km is no issue, if I can replenish at least 75% of that in less than 5 minutes. I can then consider a cross-continent drive comfortably.
Whereas a range of 400km is less appealing, if it takes 1-2 hrs to replenish with 100km+ of range.

I appreciate it is not every day that I am driving over 100km, but I want the ability to do so if my circumstance requires.
for sure but both increased range and recharge time seems to be advancing quickly with each newly announced model so its only a matter of time when you can have both the comfort of extra range and faster recharge times...so why not wait?

i suppose the leasing/subscription options will reduce my fear of being stuck with something becoming obsolete too quickly though.
Old 15 Apr 2021, 16:37 (Ref:4046106)   #179
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Mercedes-Benz EQS

5.22 m long, 1.51 m tall

330-516 hp electric engines
90-108 kWh batteries

Looks pretty good on the front and side, but the taillights could be better.
Old 15 Apr 2021, 16:45 (Ref:4046110)   #180
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Audi Q4 e-tron

4.60 m long

170-300 hp electric engines
52-77 kWh batteries
Rear- or four-wheel drive

Old 15 Apr 2021, 17:56 (Ref:4046130)   #181
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The front of the Mercedes looks like a Korean or Japanese car...
Old 15 Apr 2021, 18:38 (Ref:4046135)   #182
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if the suggested range, charge times and speed are to be believed plus the vastly superior interior, is this the Tesla killer?
Old 15 Apr 2021, 19:24 (Ref:4046142)   #183
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think you will start to see Telsa come under fire for their charge times quickly. But then I have heard actually getting the fastest charge times is not an easy thing for many people. The City of Atlanta is requiring the wiring in the walls for the charging systems, not the actual system just not making people open up walls or use conduit for it. But I'm guessing minimums used by many people won't allow for fastest charging.

I will say Porsche is CRUSHING Tesla in the wealthy side of Atlanta. I see the Taycan everywhere, and the Audis are appearing more and more. There are still Teslas out there but most of my area of travel is the fancy pants area of town, and the Taycan actually looks decent.
Old 15 Apr 2021, 19:44 (Ref:4046145)   #184
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Audi Q4 e-tron is another car that seems to be jacked up with wheel arches that appear to be larger than needed. And I cannot understand why?
Old 16 Apr 2021, 02:06 (Ref:4046167)   #185
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
The Audi Q4 e-tron is another car that seems to be jacked up with wheel arches that appear to be larger than needed. And I cannot understand why?
Car measuring contest for the security of their manhood?? Bigger wheels and tires means bigger....

Prices for your next set of tires.
Old 19 Apr 2021, 13:47 (Ref:4046713)   #186
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Audi A6 E-tron Concept

The Audi A6 E-tron concept previews a new family of EVs that will be built on the Premium Platform Electric (PPE) architecture the firm is co-developing with Porsche, and is set to go into production alongside the existing combustion-engined A6 in 2023.

Old 19 Apr 2021, 16:21 (Ref:4046740)   #187
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Audi is slowly breaking its cookie cutter designs. Let's see if the production model keeps the changes.
Old 19 Apr 2021, 16:25 (Ref:4046741)   #188
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Mercedes-Benz EQB

66.5 kWh battery
Made in Hungary

Yes it's a facelifted GLB-Class. To me the round grille and headlights don't match the boxy shape.
Old 19 Apr 2021, 16:28 (Ref:4046742)   #189
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Toyota bZ4X Concept

I'm not fond of this razor edge Toyotas.
Old 19 Apr 2021, 23:21 (Ref:4046818)   #190
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It's all very well that electric vehicles are starting to be built by all of the major manufacturers and sold, but will the building of the batteries be sustainable with the amount of Lithium that will be needed ? Unless someone comes up with an alternative I can't see that it can, or am I missing something ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 Apr 2021, 00:56 (Ref:4046821)   #191
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
It's all very well that electric vehicles are starting to be built by all of the major manufacturers and sold, but will the building of the batteries be sustainable with the amount of Lithium that will be needed ? Unless someone comes up with an alternative I can't see that it can, or am I missing something ?
Shhhh, and don't pull that thread
Old 20 Apr 2021, 11:18 (Ref:4046861)   #192
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The 2019 Geneva Motorshow revealed the Valhalla concept:

At the time - description of the car included 'The Valhalla will use Aston’s new twin-turbo V6 engine with electric assistance [...] ' The Geneva concept car is 90% representative of the final production model [...] The aerodynamics and tub construction filter down from the Valkyrie to this, and then the new V6 powertrain will go down to the Vanquish'

Well - with the passage of time, things have changed.
'development of that powertrain has now been put on ice in light of Aston’s strengthened ties to 20% stakeholder Mercedes-Benz, which will supply components at a “reasonable cost” to the British brand. The mid-engined two-seater is now being substantially revised ahead of its 2023 launch date and will be shown again in its new form in the coming months.'

'The new supercar will still be a hybrid, but with CEO Tobias Moers keen to leverage the accessibility of components and drivetrains supplied by partner firm Mercedes-Benz, the V6 is now set to make way for an AMG power unit.'

Old 20 Apr 2021, 16:01 (Ref:4046906)   #193
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I wonder how far that went with the public? Actually it looks good on paper, but is the tech all up to date? At least it being in concept car meant they could iron out a few problems.

I wish Aston the best, this supercar could be quite fun. Look forward to seeing how it goes when it eventually comes out in 2023, they have to make sure no stone is left unturned. We'll see how many queue up for it. At least they have Merc to help them through, so they should be alright
Old 20 Apr 2021, 19:00 (Ref:4046937)   #194
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Honda SUV E:Prototype

I really like the front end. The rear end is a bit too boxy in comparison.
Old 20 Apr 2021, 19:04 (Ref:4046940)   #195
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Meanwhile in China...

Ora Punk Cat

Old 20 Apr 2021, 19:36 (Ref:4046947)   #196
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Meanwhile in China...

Ora Punk Cat

<Huge images removed>
Would be better named the Ora Copy Cat
Old 20 Apr 2021, 21:33 (Ref:4046969)   #197
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
If a real company made that they could sell by the hundred in the US. Hell there are multiple companies in California converting old Beetle, and others, to all electric for 100k plus and selling every one they make
Old 21 Apr 2021, 11:03 (Ref:4047057)   #198
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Electric Opel Manta (concept):

Old 21 Apr 2021, 12:43 (Ref:4047082)   #199
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
That almost looks like what the next Dodge Challenger should be instead of the land yacht it is.

Actually a decent looking "retro-styled" car, as much as I hate that term it seems appropriate.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 14:21 (Ref:4048287)   #200
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Kia EV6

58-72 kWh battery

I'm pleasantly surprised.
4.68 m long, 1.55 m tall.
170-585 hp (!) engines.
Rear- and four-wheel drive.