Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

View Poll Results: Quarter Final - Moss vs Prost
Moss 9 42.86%
Prost 12 57.14%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15 Mar 2021, 13:22 (Ref:4040547)   #1
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The GOAT - Quarter Final - Moss vs Prost

The third Quarter Final match-up sees Moss vs Prost.

Moss was victorious 23-7 in the third round, whilst Prost took a 18-2 victory.

So who do you vote for as the greater driver?

Stirling Moss
With good reason, Stirling Moss is often cited as the greatest non-champion driver in F1 history. Had his career not been cut short there by a devastating accident, Moss’ peak would have briefly intersected with Jim Clark’s, leading to perhaps one of the greatest driver rivalries in F1 history.

The only teammate that Moss could seemingly not better was the great Juan Manuel Fangio, to whom he lost 1-5 in counting races and 2-5 in qualifying. Notably, the losses in counting races included a race where Moss broke down and then took over another car, as well as the 1957 Argentine GP where Moss started from pole but had a very long pit-stop to fix a throttle linkage problem. Fangio’s slight edge over Moss, although from a small sample, cannot really be explained by age (Moss was 26) or by experience (Moss had raced in grands prix since 1948).

Alain Prost
Prost was in many ways the natural complement to Senna. Not as fearsome over a single lap, nor anywhere near as adept as Ayrton Senna in wet conditions, but surer of head and a more consistent and relentless performer under race conditions. The fact that the two drivers were so finely balanced despite their clearly differing skills and deficits was an exemplar of the boxing adage ‘styles make fights’. Had either driver been the complete package, their match-up would have been far less interesting.

Looking at Prost’s teammates, it is remarkable to note that he was never outperformed by any regular teammate in terms of points per counting race. This is a particularly impressive record, considering he faced five other champions.
Old 15 Mar 2021, 16:03 (Ref:4040580)   #2
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Prost for titles.
Old 15 Mar 2021, 16:05 (Ref:4040585)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Moss for me (the heart again).
Old 15 Mar 2021, 19:11 (Ref:4040638)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Prost
Old 15 Mar 2021, 20:07 (Ref:4040653)   #5
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Moss.
Old 15 Mar 2021, 21:39 (Ref:4040676)   #6
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Let's hope the four time champion actually wins this vote against Moss this time.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 07:30 (Ref:4040705)   #7
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moss!
What a great battle.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 09:47 (Ref:4040734)   #8
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
What a great battle.
Ho, yes, a lot of fun. Good idea, very well documented texts, could not imagine finding such an interest during the hard times we have. Was hesitating between Nuvolari and Rosemeyer tho… Vox populi as they say.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 10:47 (Ref:4040752)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Let's hope the four time champion actually wins this vote against Moss this time.
Nope. Not for me.....
Old 16 Mar 2021, 11:18 (Ref:4040769)   #10
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Moss!
Old 16 Mar 2021, 15:24 (Ref:4040830)   #11
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So difficult. I have resisted the impulse to vote for a brit just because he's a brit but how can I vote for Moss, with no titles, against Prost's multi titles?

Moss should have been the 1958 champion and would probably have won further titles in the early 60s but for his accident. And he was more versatile than the F1 focussed Prost.

It's Moss for me but I feel a bit guilty!
Old 16 Mar 2021, 15:32 (Ref:4040839)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I don't think there's any place in this for guilt........
Old 18 Mar 2021, 09:06 (Ref:4041143)   #13
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I voted for Prost on titles and how he fared against the quickest driver ever to sit in an F1 car.
However I remain torn and I still rate Moss in the top 10 ever!
Old 19 Mar 2021, 11:03 (Ref:4041466)   #14
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Argh! I don't know. I'm reading up on Moss now trying to look for excuses to vote for him.

How long do we have left to vote?
Old 19 Mar 2021, 11:28 (Ref:4041473)   #15
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I remember Nigel Roebuck once saying his dream team would consist of Moss and Prost. Moss because he was the greatest and Prost because he was the most complete. Moss certainly seemed to have a great blend of Senna and Prost in him.

Although I've voted Prost the GOAT in another thread, I am really hard pushed to vote him over Moss!
Old 19 Mar 2021, 11:31 (Ref:4041475)   #16
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post

How long do we have left to vote?
'This poll will close on 19 Mar 2021 at 13:23'