Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Old 18 Mar 2021, 16:53 (Ref:4041270)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2021 Fantasy F1 Launch thread

The 2021 season sees what should be, the final year of the current regulations, ahead of major changes next year, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any changes for this season, new teams forming out of previous ones, several rookies, a returning World Champion to spice up the action and not forgetting the trialling of Saturday Sprint races.

As always there are a few minor tweaks to the rules taking on board the events of previous season, and the likely short notice changes in drivers and venues.
More on the Saturday Sprint fantasy events as the Real World format and points are finalised, updates will be in this thread.

The headline tweak to the fantasy rules is the removal of joker rounds this season, opinion has always been split over them, and to be honest after being introduced have hardly been used at all.

And so, onto the Launch….

Teams

Your team shall be made up of 2 drivers, 1 constructor and a power unit provider which must abide by the following real-world situation at the start of the season.
All 4 components of your team must have a combined value of 100,000 or less.

Your drivers must be from separate contractors
Your Drivers cannot drive for your constructor
Your Driver cannot drive for your power unit provider
Your constructor cannot be powered by your power unit provider

Teams to be submitted in the usual fashion shown in the attachments.
Remember… Each team is to be unique so please refresh the page and check someone hasn’t selected the same team whilst you were deliberating and typing

Entry
All entries are to be submitted onto this, the launch thread.
To be included for the full season entries should be posted before the start of FP1 of the first event.
Additional entries are welcome and will be entered for the next event if the current event has begun.

Scoring for conventional events
Qualification points remain as last season,
Drivers are rewarded for reaching Q2 and then for setting a time, likewise reaching Q3 and setting a time. Bonus points for 2nd row of the Grid, front row and of course Pole.
Constructors are rewarded for each car reaching Q2 and then Q3, the same applies to Power unit Providers (regardless of constructor). Bonus points for front row and Pole.

Points scored will be based on official qualification results, any penalties will be applied to the Race scoring.

Race points remain as previous seasons and are based on the final official result, which means competitors may be classified as finishers even though they didn’t take the chequered flag.

Bonus points remain as previous years, with rewards of 5 points, to the driver and 3 points each to the constructor and power unit provider for fastest lap of the race.
Positional points are based on comparison between the official result and the official start grid.
So should there be an incident from pitlane opening to grid formation or during the formation lap, this will be considered a Lap 0 incident and therefore subject to possible penalty.

Penalty points
The values which can be penalised remain as last season,
Technical or sporting infringements (breaking curfew or Parc Ferme) will be incorporated as required.
Drivers of cars which are judged to be technical failures (Tech DNF) are not directly penalised however both Constructor and Power unit provider are.
Should a car fail on the grid and can started from the pits by the constructor, Loss of track position is deemed sufficient penalty.
In race penalties (such as time penalties) will be incorporated in the final results

Events with Saturday Sprint
As mentioned above, points scoring will be announced once real world details are finalised.

Driver Bans
Should under the licence points system your driver be banned for an (a number of) events the replacement driver will not score you points in that/those races. Your team will be scored on the remaining driver only along with constructor and Power unit points.
You can however choose once it’s known that a driver has been banned, make a substitution before the start of the next event.

Substitutions and replacements.
You can choose to replace a driver in your team, changes can only happen between events, and must be posted ahead of the start of FP1 of an event to be counted at that event.
You can make one driver change free during the season; additional driver changes cost 20 points per driver.
If your driver is replaced (temporarily – illness or injury) or for remainder of the season, and the replacement driver now breaks the real-world rules for teams at the start of the season, your team will be allowed to continue in the new line up.
If you don’t want the replacement driver then the option is there to substitute for the remainder of the season (or substitute the original driver back in again should they return).

Withdrawn from event
Should a team withdraw a car from an event prior to the start of FP1, Driver, team and Power unit provider will be penalised as a Didn’t Qualify – Can’t race.
If the withdrawal is due to driver injury/illness and a replacement cannot take the drive by regulation, no penalties will be issued.
If the withdrawal is due to a perceived safety issue, insufficient time or parts to safely build car then a Didn’t qualify – Can race penalty will be applied. However if the car did qualify any points scored will be included.

As is tradition cut off for substitutions or new entries to be included at an event is the Start of FP1.
I’ll do my best to accept and confirm entry ahead of the event starting, but if I’m not able to, I’ll use the timestamp on the post to confirm whether submission is for this or next event.

Should there be anything that happens out with the stated rules, I will consult with the site admin, and my fellow Mods to come up with a fair ruling that can be applied across the remainder of the season.

A request on my part, if you spot that I’ve made a mistake, either in accepting a team that breaks real world rules, or in my data entry to the spreadsheets, please do let me know.
Likewise if you have any questions or suggestions I’m only a PM away.

With all of that said, the important information is attached below.

Good Luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Launch.jpg  

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 18 Mar 2021 at 17:35.
Old 18 Mar 2021, 17:00 (Ref:4041272)   #2
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Is there a limit to the total team value?
Old 18 Mar 2021, 17:33 (Ref:4041294)   #3
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oops , Yes 100,000

Now included.

That's what happens when you hurry to get things done, and badly edit a copy and paste of the previous year's rules
Old 18 Mar 2021, 18:21 (Ref:4041302)   #4
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Frogspawn Racing

Driver 1 - Max Verstappen
Driver 2 - Yuki Tsunoda
Team - Ferrari
Engine - Mercedes

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 19 Mar 2021 at 12:22. Reason: Adding Team Name
Old 18 Mar 2021, 18:38 (Ref:4041315)   #5
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
CatundaComingUnder-F1

Driver1-Hamilton-45000
Driver2-Schumacher-12000
Constructor-Williams-15000
Power Unit-Honda-21000
Team Total 93000

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 18 Mar 2021 at 23:50. Reason: Adding Team Name
Old 18 Mar 2021, 19:32 (Ref:4041334)   #6
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
made a mistake...deleted
Old 18 Mar 2021, 19:41 (Ref:4041337)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
name: SuperChilliF1
team: Merc 25k
engine: Honda 21k
D1: Leclerc 32k
D2: Ocon 22k
total 100k
Old 18 Mar 2021, 19:44 (Ref:4041339)   #8
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Name: AstonAlphaAlfa TauriMartinRomeo

D1 Alonso 30
D2 Gasly 25
C Red Bull 22
E Mercedes 23

Total 100
Old 18 Mar 2021, 20:53 (Ref:4041350)   #9
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Gert Motorsport

Perez 35
Ocon 22
Ferrari 20
Mercedes 23

Total 100
Old 19 Mar 2021, 02:18 (Ref:4041402)   #10
Dave_G
Racer

United States
Vermont, USA
Dave_G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rolling Chicane Racing

Driver 1: Gasly 25K
Driver 2: Ocon 22K
Constructor: Red Bull 22K
Power Unit: Mercedes 23K

Total: 92K
Old 19 Mar 2021, 03:20 (Ref:4041406)   #11
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Minnamurra Racing:
Driver 1: Ricciardo 35K
Constructor: Ferrari 20K
Power unit: Honda 21K

Total: 98K
Old 19 Mar 2021, 07:52 (Ref:4041426)   #12
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Driver 1: Ricardo
Driver 2: Ocon
Constructor: Ferrari
Power Unit: Honda
98K Total
(Just being a bit different!)
Old 19 Mar 2021, 16:52 (Ref:4041541)   #13
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Minnamurra Racing:
Driver 1: Ricciardo 35K
Constructor: Ferrari 20K
Power unit: Honda 21K

Total: 98K

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
98K Total
Not THAT different, I'd think ...
Old 19 Mar 2021, 17:01 (Ref:4041543)   #14
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
98K Total

Declined as already submitted as an entry ... PM has been sent.

Edit: I was entering the teams into my spread sheets, when Gert posted.
Old 19 Mar 2021, 17:18 (Ref:4041548)   #15
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
SBF Racing is please to announce it's 2021 Line up of

Driver 1 : Sainz
Driver2 : Gasly
Constructor : Red Bull
Power Unit: Mercedes

For a total of 98,000
Old 19 Mar 2021, 18:26 (Ref:4041561)   #16
Tony Vandervell
Rookie

United Kingdom
Tony Vandervell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Foggy Notion

Driver 1: Leclerc 32K
Constructor: Red Bull 22K
Power Unit: Mercedes 23K

Total: 99k
Old 19 Mar 2021, 18:57 (Ref:4041569)   #17
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr & Mrs Born Racer

Driver 1: Ricciardo 35,000
Driver 2: Schumacher 15,000
Constructor: Mercedes 25,000
Power Unit: Honda 21,000

Total: 96,000
Old 19 Mar 2021, 19:07 (Ref:4041575)   #18
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
All teams have been accepted to this point, unless otherwise stated.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 10:09 (Ref:4041645)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've not done this before but I'm thinking of having a go, but don't want to waste time (yours and mine) on duplicates. Is there a spreadsheet already showing what combinations have already been 'taken'?
Old 20 Mar 2021, 10:15 (Ref:4041647)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK. Not a lot of thought has gone into this, but what the heck.....

Aysedasi Blue Goat Racing

Driver 1: Alonso 30,000
Driver 2: Perez 25,000
Constructor: Red Bull 22,000
Power Unit: Mercedes 23,000

Total: 100,000

Does that compute?
Old 20 Mar 2021, 11:10 (Ref:4041652)   #21
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

Does that compute?
Declined sorry, as Perez drives for Red Bull, this breaches the real world rules.....PM sent.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 11:10 (Ref:4041653)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

Does that compute?
Shame about the crap livery though......
Attached Thumbnails
abgr1000.jpg  
Old 20 Mar 2021, 11:13 (Ref:4041654)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Darn it. Missed that. OK...

Driver 2: Gasly 25,000

Old 20 Mar 2021, 13:36 (Ref:4041697)   #24
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If liveries are also an option
Attached Thumbnails
Livery Design.jpg  
Old 20 Mar 2021, 13:37 (Ref:4041698)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
If liveries are also an option
I took the liberty (but then I usually do ), but it just seemed a fun idea! Nice one!

Just wait until my new energy drink comes out.......'Gives you horns!'