Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 17 Aug 2000, 01:39 (Ref:31007)   #1
Ed-f1
Racer

Ed-f1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anybody else read this book? It comes out at the end of each season and I have been getting it every year since 1993. However, in 1997 it became 'Grand Prix Year' and when they removed Murray Walker's name from they title they also removed much of the quality from the book. It used to be, in my opinion, one of the best reviews of the season available. If you were looking at the result of a race and saw that someone finished much further back than usual and wondered why, the answer would pretty much always be in the book because the race reports were so in depth. From 97 though the race reports basically tell you who won and what happened to Schumacher and Villeneuve/Hakkinen (depending on the year) and that was about it.

Is anybody aware of any other books that havee good race reports for each race of the season?
Old 17 Aug 2000, 12:44 (Ref:31069)   #2
Schume
Racer

Schume should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't read the 1999 edition of Grand Prix Year but I have seen previous editions. It's coverage of the season is good for a book with a fairly small price tag.

The book which is rated as the bible of the previous season has always been Autocourse. You can check it out in the 10-Tenths Bookstore, Annuals section.

This is a very comprehensive tome editied by Alan Henry. Unfortunately it is also expensive. Autocourse: 1999-2000 comes in at £26. But I think it's worth the investment.

Old 17 Aug 2000, 14:14 (Ref:31083)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I have Murray walkers grand prix year for 1990 and 1992..havent a clue where i got them from or how much but they are a great read and there is some good pics in them for sure.
Old 17 Aug 2000, 15:00 (Ref:31097)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I got all the MW books. Stopped after they changed the title. BTW. My copies are all signed by the great man himself.
Old 17 Aug 2000, 19:06 (Ref:31121)   #5
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ukyo???

Old 18 Aug 2000, 00:45 (Ref:31198)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
hehehehe