Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Feb 2003, 15:56 (Ref:505498)   #26
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What about doing a profile of a certain Tiga Cosworth from ooh lets say the mid to late 80's!
Old 13 Feb 2003, 16:19 (Ref:505531)   #27
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
What about doing a profile of a certain Tiga Cosworth from ooh lets say the mid to late 80's!
Can't think which one you mean.......
Old 13 Feb 2003, 16:27 (Ref:505539)   #28
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Brant
I saw the Group 44 Jag at Watkins Glenn. The first Group C Jag at it's intro at Mosport. The GTP XJR's at Portland. Then the stunning Bud light xjr-14. The greatest cars in the greatest era of sportscar racing. Quite often they had to run seperate races for the GT classes because of the swelling entrance fields. I watched Daytona this year, I felt like dressing in black and mourning the Group C/GTP days.
I know what you mean about Group C/GTP- The second race meeting I ever went to was Group C at Silverstone in 1985- Porsche 956's, Lancias (and Paul's dad's Tiga!) Even nearly 20 years on, the image of sportscar racing that first comes to mind is a Group C car.
Old 13 Feb 2003, 19:05 (Ref:505651)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Absolutely right KA, my experience is much the same as yours. I watched 1000kms in 84 and 85 and then ventured over to La Belle France for the first time in '86. We may have had some great cars since then, but in the Group 'C' era we didn't worry too much about GTs or Touring Cars masquerading as GTs (sorry, but that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!). There were great cars, great circuits and some great races.