Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Apr 2005, 06:13 (Ref:1286524)   #1
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
LMES - Monza (July 2005)

According to Claude Foubert , on Infocourse, the Promec will be back in July for the LMES race with Alex Caffi and Michele Serafini...

Copyright : I dont know, but probably Infocourse (Claude or Laurent ?)

Last edited by Fab; 25 Apr 2005 at 18:51.
Old 25 Apr 2005, 11:27 (Ref:1286796)   #2
Snips1
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Snips1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice car!!
Does anybody knows whether Magnussen will drive for Lister at Monza?
Old 25 Apr 2005, 16:41 (Ref:1287073)   #3
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks a little like the Zytek with its very low profile.

Will it be a Silverstone, with the Judd engine?
Old 25 Apr 2005, 21:42 (Ref:1287375)   #4
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Looks a little like the Zytek with its very low profile.
A Zytek with MG headlights and a Tractor-Lola nose. Nice!
Old 25 Apr 2005, 22:02 (Ref:1287388)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like a very tidy car, lets hope it goes as well as it looks.
Old 26 Apr 2005, 07:35 (Ref:1287638)   #6
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think Zytek would be insulted to hear that!!! It looks nothin like the Zytek really.

God its such a shame that the works Zytek wont be at Le Mans, i wonder about the rumours of Mid Ohio though....Wouldnt it be great if Zytek managed to win Mid Ohio along with Spa, they really would then be on the top of the pile for this years sportscars!

Who do you guys think will win Monza.........................

Surely a close one between Zytek, Pesca and Jota?
Old 26 Apr 2005, 12:55 (Ref:1287854)   #7
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Monza means straight line speed. I'd not count out Dome or Courage either.

... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 26 Apr 2005, 13:15 (Ref:1287870)   #8
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Or Oreca, the Audi will be underestimated at the others peril.
Old 26 Apr 2005, 13:56 (Ref:1287892)   #9
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I know it is about straight line speed, but the breaking points for the various chicanes mean that the lighter Zyteks will have the upper hand there.

Also reports suggest that the Jota Zytek has been down at Paul Ricard with some mods to aero etc and they managed to get 311kph down the straight!!!! The C60Hs got 314kph but remember they are sooo much slower through the corners as highlighted at Paul Ricard a few weeks ago in teh last sector.

Audi shouldnt be a factor, especially if Gounon is driving!!! :0

Should be Zyteks race - i hope so anyway.
Old 26 Apr 2005, 15:36 (Ref:1287943)   #10
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So who are you going to support once the 04S stops racing at the end of this year?

Its a great car but the Hybrids will get quicker and quicker. I could even see an LMP2 matching the Zytek on pace in the coming races.
Old 26 Apr 2005, 16:05 (Ref:1287954)   #11
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He's hoping that Zytek will build a prototype to the new rules that looks exactly like the 04S.

The Promec is certainly a very smart looking car. Although the intake on that car looks more like the intakes that the turbo cars use. I assume that is a recent pic? Didn't Tim say this car was destined for a Judd? One more question, is that a 900kg car or a 675kg car? Don't know much about it...

Last edited by jhansen; 26 Apr 2005 at 16:06.
Old 26 Apr 2005, 17:22 (Ref:1287982)   #12
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
So who are you going to support once the 04S stops racing at the end of this year?

Its a great car but the Hybrids will get quicker and quicker. I could even see an LMP2 matching the Zytek on pace in the coming races.

Are you taking the p*ss. You really think that an LMP2 will match the Zytek for pace before the end of teh year. The Zytek is the fastest LMP1 on the track. When an LMP2 overtakes the slowest LMP1 then i might start even considering what you have said.

In answer to your question i will support the new regulation Zytek (non hybrid) that is reported to be in the pipeline atm.
Old 26 Apr 2005, 17:24 (Ref:1287984)   #13
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
Infact, no, i will support the car that Shimoda is in. He is one hell of a sportcar driver and he is the reason that i have become interested in this and so my support lies with him.
Old 26 Apr 2005, 17:59 (Ref:1288005)   #14
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The 675kg cars eventually caught up to the pace of the 900kg cars, so it is no stretch to think that the P2 cars will have the same potential. The new Lola P2 car is already proving that to be true.

As for the Zytek 04S being the fastest, I don't think that is entirely true. The hybrids and new regulation cars will be setting the bar now. And we have not seen the new full blown factory cars yet.
Old 26 Apr 2005, 18:26 (Ref:1288016)   #15
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
Full blown factory entries?

Seriously, that Lola will never catch the big P1 boys, it was over 5 seconds a lap slower at Spa, no developement and testing will make up 5 seconds.

Looks like the new Audi R11 will be racing next year (R9 and R10 were failed test cars). Lets hope Zytek can join the party with perhaps a Zytek 05S GTP/LMP1..........................
Old 26 Apr 2005, 18:41 (Ref:1288027)   #16
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have just picked some news up from Tom Chilton (Arena Honda BTCC driver), he is going to test the Zytek at Magny Cours next week and may drive it in the LMES later in the year.
Old 26 Apr 2005, 18:42 (Ref:1288029)   #17
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Spa is unique due to its size. Five seconds a lap there is much less at other tracks.

Intersport was within 2 seconds of pole at Sebring and 1.5 seconds off pole at Road Atlanta with their new Lola. But I suppose your next response would be that the ALMS cars are slower.

I don't understand why you ignore the fact that the 675kg cars eventually caught the 900kg cars in terms of pace. Especially when considering that the Zytek was built to conform to the 675kg rules.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 00:45 (Ref:1288193)   #18
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love 04s
Seriously, that Lola will never catch the big P1 boys, it was over 5 seconds a lap slower at Spa, no developement and testing will make up 5 seconds.
No, but putting a suitable 'shoe in it would help.

At Road Atlanta Jon Field was only 1.4 seconds off pole, and that's against a 675 actually running at 675 weight, and with '03 restrictors! Now, you're not going to tell me that James Weaver, JJ Lehto, etc are much slower than Jon, are you?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 27 Apr 2005, 12:50 (Ref:1288522)   #19
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
He's hoping that Zytek will build a prototype to the new rules that looks exactly like the 04S.

The Promec is certainly a very smart looking car. Although the intake on that car looks more like the intakes that the turbo cars use. I assume that is a recent pic? Didn't Tim say this car was destined for a Judd? One more question, is that a 900kg car or a 675kg car? Don't know much about it...
It was built as a 900- it originally raced in the FIA series back in 2003, and ran the Peugeot V6 turbo, same as Pescarolo used to use- I'd guess that photo was taken when it was still running the Peugeot. I think they'd originally announced they were dumping the Peugeot at the end of 2003 for a BMW V8, but haven't raced since- I'm sure they definitely said they'd be running a Judd this year though

Last edited by KA; 27 Apr 2005 at 12:55.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 22:49 (Ref:1288986)   #20
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love 04s
Are you taking the p*ss. You really think that an LMP2 will match the Zytek for pace before the end of teh year. The Zytek is the fastest LMP1 on the track. When an LMP2 overtakes the slowest LMP1 then i might start even considering what you have said.

In answer to your question i will support the new regulation Zytek (non hybrid) that is reported to be in the pipeline atm.
I most certainly do think an LMP2 has the capabilty to match the Zytek.

The new Lola apparently produces more downforce than the 'MG' Lola LMP675kg car, and currently has around 100BHP more.

We saw at Sebring just how close the new Lola got to the Dyson cars.

The question is will any team aim for overall wins/podiums with an LMP2. It seems Porsche believe they have a decent chance.

Last edited by JAG; 27 Apr 2005 at 22:53.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 14:02 (Ref:1335925)   #21
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
provisional entries list is online
Old 21 Jun 2005, 18:23 (Ref:1336251)   #22
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
According the CEO of Spyker they will enter the rest of the LMES races.

Hope RfH will be in Monza too.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 18:26 (Ref:1336256)   #23
JAG
Veteran

England
Didn't Jan say they would be at Le Mans.?
Old 21 Jun 2005, 18:49 (Ref:1336288)   #24
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Didn't Jan say they would be at Le Mans.?
RfH was at Le Mans. Didn't you notice them?

In an interview a week before the LM test weekend he said he had good hopes RfH would compete in the rest of the LMES races.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 19:22 (Ref:1336335)   #25
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
According the CEO of Spyker they will enter the rest of the LMES races.

Hope RfH will be in Monza too.
I spoke to the team this weekend and they denied the above. The do intent to run in two ALMS races.