Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > The Chassis History Archive

Old 18 Aug 2007, 14:04 (Ref:1991342)   #226
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
More work for me? I might get around to doing the first one. Not sure I understand the second request, Steve.
When you access the Chassis History Archive the various threads appear in alphabetical order. If you page down to the foot of the first page you can select that they are displayed in a different order (e.g. last updated thread first). If this section of the page was relocated to the top it would (a) be far easier to use, (b) people would probabaly be aware of what it can do to save them time, (c) be used more frequently.

Old 20 Aug 2007, 07:57 (Ref:1992524)   #227
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah, OK, with you! I can only ask admin. if it's possible.
Old 21 Aug 2007, 13:08 (Ref:1993615)   #228
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not entirely off topic: news about OldRacingCars.com
Old 27 Aug 2007, 14:08 (Ref:1997614)   #229
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
David should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where are the Corvette C5-R and C6.R threads?

Hi John Turner,

I have been away for a while and now can't seem to find the Corvette threads. Where are they?

Regards,

About 13.7 billion years ago I heard a very loud noise - did you hear it?
Old 27 Aug 2007, 16:01 (Ref:1997683)   #230
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hi, David,

Welcome back! This forum (unlike the others on 10-Tenths) is in alphabetical order and the models will appear after the manufacturers name; thus, in this case you should be looking under Chevrolet, rather than Corvette.
Old 27 Aug 2007, 19:22 (Ref:1997869)   #231
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Hi, David,

Welcome back! This forum (unlike the others on 10-Tenths) is in alphabetical order and the models will appear after the manufacturers name; thus, in this case you should be looking under Chevrolet, rather than Corvette.
Thanks for the quick response, John; it is good to be back. I found the alphabetical list but see nothing between Brabham and Chevron. What am I doing wrong?

Regards,

Old 28 Aug 2007, 07:15 (Ref:1998147)   #232
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Thanks for the quick response, John; it is good to be back. I found the alphabetical list but see nothing between Brabham and Chevron. What am I doing wrong?

Regards,
David

Go back out to the forum page (1 step) and go to the bottom of the page. Near the lower left of the page you will see "Display Options", select the "from the" option and go out farther on the dates to bring those posts back into your selection range.

Hope this helps.

L.P.
Old 28 Aug 2007, 23:40 (Ref:1998823)   #233
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
David

Go back out to the forum page (1 step) and go to the bottom of the page. Near the lower left of the page you will see "Display Options", select the "from the" option and go out farther on the dates to bring those posts back into your selection range.

Hope this helps.

L.P.
Helped a lot!

Thanks,

Old 31 Jan 2008, 01:07 (Ref:2117442)   #234
Scott B
Rookie

Italy
Chico, CA USA
Scott B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indy Car Chassis Numbers

Does, or did CART maintain records of cars raced that would include a list by chassis/tech sticker number.

I came across an ebay auction last week for a March 86 series car supposedly driven by Michael Andretti. One of the photos showed a listing of cars by tech sticker number as well as driver name. I sent an email to the seller asking where the list came from. He replied the CART archives are maintained by Billy Kamphausen. CART would not reply to any inquiries and a search on the internet showed Billy Kamphausen to be CART logistics director as well as several other posts.

There are a number of racers who own these older Indy race cars with the stickers still intact. I think the history of these cars is fascinating, and knowing a bit about the car that you are taking around the track (or in my case the car has the lead) adds to the fun.

Any leads would be appreciated. Results will be put on this site...and, any interest in adding an Indycar category to the lists of historic chassis?

Scott B
Old 31 Jan 2008, 08:51 (Ref:2117583)   #235
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Scott, welcome back! I can't answer your first question, but can confirm that this archive is for any racing car marque, whatever racing series they performed in, so we would be delighted to see someone build threads on cars raced in the CART series. If you are starting from scratch though, it might be best to initiate a thread in the Motorsport History forum. Alternatively, if you are seeking to build information on all CART cars in general, we could probably start one in here along the lines of the Dutch Supercar thread, which I can 'stick up' at the top of the first page in the same way. Then once we have sufficient information on the specific marque chassis nos, we can split out into individual threads.
Old 31 Jan 2008, 20:04 (Ref:2118034)   #236
Scott B
Rookie

Italy
Chico, CA USA
Scott B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi John,
Thank you for the follow up. My thought was to make it simple. For the newer era of cars....from the time CART was involved, the cars were all given a registration sticker which seems to go in numerical order from oldest to newest car. So rather than try to sort out all the makes and teams, list the numbers from 1 to whatever is the current highest number, and people can come along and fill in the blank with manufacturer, driver, year(s)raced, and perhaps even wins and such. For instance my March 86A has CART sticker #373. I have found two other cars with numbers close to my car so at least I have a place to start. It just becomes a big jigsaw puzzles, which as pieces are added becomes easier to finish. On the other hand if we could get a response from CART other than their automated system it would all be easier. Maybe an official request from you as the ten-tenths moderator of this forum might be helpful. Any thoughts?

Scott
Old 15 Jul 2008, 07:12 (Ref:2251045)   #237
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I see that I completely failed to respond to the last question, so my apologies; and probably too late now!! In general, however, whilst I am happy to help, I would ask that those with the greatest interest in wishing to see thread(s) developed on their chosen marque(s), undertake the initial enquiries/research.
Old 11 Sep 2008, 09:36 (Ref:2286978)   #238
Vitesse
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, England
Vitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridVitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John: just a suggestion on the Index. Could it include hotlinks to the individual pages? For example, if you want to go from the front page or the index thread to (say) page 7, you have to jump either to page 8 or page 5 first.

It's not that I'm lazy or anything ....

Bob Marley
Old 11 Sep 2008, 09:54 (Ref:2286997)   #239
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I have to update it anyway; I'll see what I can do, next week.
Old 25 Oct 2008, 15:23 (Ref:2320598)   #240
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John

Could you merge the two March 80A threads please?

Thanks
Allen
Old 22 Nov 2008, 14:53 (Ref:2339567)   #241
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

Hi John

Could you move the last few posts from the Chevron B42 thread to the B34 thread (and also remove the posts from me and Steve requesting the tidy up)?

Thanks
Allen
Old 22 Nov 2008, 15:03 (Ref:2339568)   #242
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
T'is done!
Old 28 Feb 2009, 23:20 (Ref:2406293)   #243
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

The upgrade seems to have broken a few things in the chassis archive.

John - are you working on it?
Old 28 Feb 2009, 23:33 (Ref:2406301)   #244
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbrown View Post
The upgrade seems to have broken a few things in the chassis archive.

John - are you working on it?
Can you send me a PM with what you think is broken.

Cheers!
Old 1 Mar 2009, 01:03 (Ref:2406336)   #245
Bryan Miller
Veteran

Bryan Miller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What appears to have happened is that the threads are now arranged in order of when a post was made , and we seem to have lost all the early A and B stuff at a minimum.
Old 1 Mar 2009, 01:05 (Ref:2406338)   #246
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In the index, scroll down and check that your Display Options are to sort by Thread Title, Ascending, and from Beginning.

It looks fine for me....
Old 1 Mar 2009, 02:20 (Ref:2406362)   #247
Denis Lupton
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Denis Lupton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old motto in the land of OZ, when you're on a good thing, stick to it.
Can't seem to find a thing now, much better before.
Denis
Old 1 Mar 2009, 03:57 (Ref:2406392)   #248
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Please take a screenshot and e-mail to webmaster@ten-tenths.com I have viewed this forum as myself with IE7 and Google Chrome, and logged out as an un-registered user with Google Chrome and don't see a problem with the alphabetical listing.
Old 1 Mar 2009, 05:12 (Ref:2406399)   #249
Bryan Miller
Veteran

Bryan Miller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All seems fixed now , t'was really strange trying to find your way around.
Bryan.
Old 1 Mar 2009, 06:13 (Ref:2406410)   #250
Denis Lupton
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Denis Lupton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to be negative,much better now
Denis