Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Mar 2007, 10:32 (Ref:1859674)   #1
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
German GT racing

Is ADAC GT3 Masters the top German GT racing series?

How does it compare to Brit GT or Dutch Supercar?

I'm trying to plan out my motorsport calendar for 2007. I'd like to see the Nurburgring 24h rennen but the proximity to the Le Mans 24h makes it a little difficult to fit work/travel and so forth. I'd like to see those cars out somewhere else if I can.

Thanks!

(I know this should be in Trackside but I thought it was a bit specialized.)
Old 6 Mar 2007, 11:22 (Ref:1859717)   #2
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are several other series out there in Germany in which different types of GT cars are allowed, but the ADAC GT Masters is aiming to be the number GT Series in Germany.

Difference to Brit. GT or DSC is that in ADAC GT Masters only GT3 cars will be allowed to race, no other classes or cars will be permitted. Rules and Regulations are exactly as FIA GT Euro Championship. Only difference is that one car teams are allowed, maximum six cars per manufacturer, as in FIA GT3. There will be two races per weekend with length of one our.

You can find the 2007 calendar here:

http://www.gtmasters.org/calendar.php
Old 6 Mar 2007, 12:43 (Ref:1859776)   #3
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks! What's your pick of the other series?

I saw the DSC last year when they visited Brands - they're very serious, thorough with great vehicle variety. I reckon they look like the one to go see at home.
Old 6 Mar 2007, 13:05 (Ref:1859792)   #4
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you'd like to see N24h cars, but can't make the big race, I would suppose you should check out one of the other VLN rounds at Nurburgring. Some of the races in that series are bigger than others, so you would want to try and catch a larger one to make sure all the main protagonists and some extras are present.
Old 6 Mar 2007, 15:46 (Ref:1859884)   #5
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510
Is ADAC GT3 Masters the top German GT racing series?

How does it compare to Brit GT or Dutch Supercar?
The correct question in the moment is "Will it become Top German GT-series?" as 2007 is the first season for the new proposed series.
But the concept is looking fine. Currently in Germany apart from the Porsche Carrera-Cup (one make) there are only club-racing GT-Series (GTP / PSC ) or mixed series with GT & Touring-cars (Divinol-cup, STT, Nordschleife Endurance) so to have now a series with that machinery would put it easiliy on the top of the national GT-Sport.
To be hornest I´ve seen so many good concepts in Germany failing that I would resist in giving too many credits for the start as long as the first half of the season is over. But again: the concept looks promising - now the teams must come.
Old 6 Mar 2007, 17:12 (Ref:1859921)   #6
EuropaBambaataa
Racer

Portugal
EuropaBambaataa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Eins
To be hornest I´ve seen so many good concepts in Germany failing that I would resist in giving too many credits for the start as long as the first half of the season is over. But again: the concept looks promising - now the teams must come.
The big question is, can the DTM brass put external pressure on ADAC GT's success. Do you think Merc and Audi would try to sabotage the championship by putting pressure on TV stations and the like, by denying them advertising revenue if they transmit it?

I like electronic boom-boom-boom sounds. So what?
Old 6 Mar 2007, 19:53 (Ref:1860036)   #7
Gendebien
Rookie

Gendebien should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropaBambaataa
The big question is, can the DTM brass put external pressure on ADAC GT's success. Do you think Merc and Audi would try to sabotage the championship by putting pressure on TV stations and the like, by denying them advertising revenue if they transmit it?
I don`t think so.

At the moment it looks that the last race of the ADAC GT Masters will be a support race by the last DTM event in Hockenheim.
Old 8 Mar 2007, 20:49 (Ref:1861751)   #8
Gendebien
Rookie

Gendebien should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gendebien
I don`t think so.

At the moment it looks that the last race of the ADAC GT Masters will be a support race by the last DTM event in Hockenheim.
It is confirmed
Old 8 Oct 2007, 16:41 (Ref:2035083)   #9
panoz.lmp1
Veteran

Germany
Germany
panoz.lmp1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the last round of the season the ADAC GT Masters has a very strong entry for a national GT3 series: http://www.gtmasters.org/results.php
Old 8 Oct 2007, 19:08 (Ref:2035212)   #10
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Olly Laapalinen FIN Indrik Sebb EST

Should be Olli Haapalainen and Indrek Sepp.