Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21 Dec 2016, 08:55 (Ref:3697544)   #1
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Favourite Images from 2016 ... err ... and beyond!

I don't know whether this appeals but feel free anyone to join in. One of my favourite pics for this year is one from very early on in the season, taken at VSCC Spring Start meeting. It features the Nash Healey that finished 3rd at Le Mans in 1952. The car is now owned by José M. Fernandez who very kindly entered it in the Tom Cole Trophy Race for Sam Stretton to drive. It had never before been seen racing in the UK. A truly wonderful piece of history, it's outing generated even more enthusiasm from José to get it absolutely right so it is now having a lot of period correct detailing work undertaken and with any luck, we may see it out again in the latter half of next season.

In this photo Sam is seen talking to Paul Woolmer of Woolmer Classic Restoration (our main FISCAR sponsor providing our base and hospitality unit at our events). Behind is the lovely Sunbeam Alpine Le Mans of Keith Hampson which some of you may recall was later stolen but subsequently recovered intact. Every picture tells a story and this one tells several. I will dig out some more, but as I say, if anyone else wants to pick some of their favourite 2016 images, please do so.

Incidentally, I accept that some may have already seen this photo before but maybe not the story attached to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF7986SSJT.jpg (430.4 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by John Turner; 15 Jan 2017 at 10:42. Reason: Correcting what is now thought to be a historical inaccuracy
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!