Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 May 2014, 11:52 (Ref:3402809)   #76
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMeister View Post
He got his Le Mans drive this year: 2nd ProSpeed Porsche (with Cooper MacNeil and Bret Curtis).
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/le-...tition-boucle/
That is the car I will be pulling for!
Old 10 May 2014, 09:29 (Ref:3404417)   #77
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Great to see ADAC GT Masters getting its own game as part of Simbins RaceRoom Racing Experience. Im tempted to that just for this expansion, looks quite interesting. Makes me wonder why there isnt a game for the Blancpain Endurance Series.

Trailer here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnV1KRE9QC8
Old 16 May 2014, 18:17 (Ref:3407014)   #78
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hopefully this is the start of more sportscar outings for Jaime Alguersuari.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/jai...e-rowe-racing/
Old 20 May 2014, 10:22 (Ref:3408176)   #79
IndyMeister
Racer

IndyMeister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ogier @ Lausitzring

Seb Ogier will share a car with Markus Winkelhock (as an one-off start):
http://www.adac-gt-masters.de/de/art...kelhock-193303
Old 20 May 2014, 10:27 (Ref:3408183)   #80
IndyMeister
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Great to see ADAC GT Masters getting its own game as part of Simbins RaceRoom Racing Experience. Im tempted to that just for this expansion, looks quite interesting. Makes me wonder why there isnt a game for the Blancpain Endurance Series.
The last official video game 'exposure' for any SRO series was NFS Shift 2 - if I'm not mistaken... good for the GT Masters, but I see no reason why the BES and BSS can't get a similar deal together.
Old 20 May 2014, 11:20 (Ref:3408203)   #81
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMeister View Post
The last official video game 'exposure' for any SRO series was NFS Shift 2 - if I'm not mistaken... good for the GT Masters, but I see no reason why the BES and BSS can't get a similar deal together.
SRO do have a history with SimBin though; the current "Race" games actually came from the GTR/GTR2/GTR Evolution series which are still highly thought of. However it's safe to assume that the money and exposure EA brought to the table far outweighed what SimBin could offer.
Old 20 May 2014, 11:43 (Ref:3408209)   #82
IndyMeister
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
SRO do have a history with SimBin though; the current "Race" games actually came from the GTR/GTR2/GTR Evolution series which are still highly thought of. However it's safe to assume that the money and exposure EA brought to the table far outweighed what SimBin could offer.
Back in the days with Henrik Roos in the Zwaan Racing Viper (is it really ten years ago?)... idk what Edward Sandström has in store for SRO but I assume there will never be a game solely dedicated to any GT series.

Last edited by IndyMeister; 20 May 2014 at 11:53.
Old 20 May 2014, 11:49 (Ref:3408211)   #83
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Simbin's problem is the tight control that exists around the Porsche, Lamborghini and Ferrari brands. Means any game couldn't be 'complete' in the way that GTR2 was. Blancpain Sprint from last year would only require an extra 2 or 3 tracks to be created too. Off topic.

Just saw the news about Sebastian Ogier, did I see correctly that he's actually racing this weekend? Will be a great addition if so, will definitely hunt down the coverage of that race.
Old 20 May 2014, 11:53 (Ref:3408216)   #84
IndyMeister
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
.Just saw the news about Sebastian Ogier, did I see correctly that he's actually racing this weekend? Will be a great addition if so, will definitely hunt down the coverage of that race.
Yes, he will. The races are this weekend (24 and 25) - 11.45 on both days on KABEL1.
Old 24 May 2014, 09:33 (Ref:3409736)   #85
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone have a livestream?
Old 24 May 2014, 10:04 (Ref:3409741)   #86
Alex Langheck
Racer

Alex Langheck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can see Ogier switching to racing permamently far sooner than Loeb did. A few more WRC Titles and he'll be off.
Old 24 May 2014, 10:25 (Ref:3409745)   #87
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://schoener-fernsehen.com/live/stream/de/KABEL%201/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
Does anyone have a livestream?
Old 24 May 2014, 11:45 (Ref:3409772)   #88
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Ogier is not too far off Loeb in age actually, he did a lot more at 'lower' level before breaking through. Only a few years off and unlikely to ever be quite as much of a household name. Every chance of getting some more outings whilst in the VW family though, hope he enjoys it and gets the taste!

How did he do in Race 1? Didn't have a chance to watch this morning.
Old 25 May 2014, 08:05 (Ref:3410142)   #89
manthey
Racer

manthey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Ogier is not too far off Loeb in age actually, he did a lot more at 'lower' level before breaking through. Only a few years off and unlikely to ever be quite as much of a household name. Every chance of getting some more outings whilst in the VW family though, hope he enjoys it and gets the taste!

How did he do in Race 1? Didn't have a chance to watch this morning.
Race 1 results
http://www.adac-gt-masters.de/docs/a...ions/18126.pdf

Ogier impresses with fast lap times on ADAC GT Masters debut
http://www.adac-gt-masters.de/uk/art...ersuari-193561
Old 4 Oct 2014, 10:49 (Ref:3460159)   #90
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Is anyone watching today's race able to tell me what the penalty for Van Lagen was for? My German is nonexistent...

Thanks
Old 4 Oct 2014, 10:52 (Ref:3460160)   #91
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Didn't adhere to the minimum pitstop time...

That rule is soooooooo dumb, though.... why can't they do their pitstops like BSS does with no stupid minimum time? It made sense when this was an amateur series, but when they are trying to be a professional series having races and championships decided by things like that, that are totally unrelated to the actual racing, is simply unacceptable.

Last edited by Speed-King; 4 Oct 2014 at 11:13.
Old 4 Oct 2014, 11:06 (Ref:3460163)   #92
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Thanks for the explanation, must agree with your point on pitstops too: there are many of the best GT teams in Europe here, I think they can safely manage pitstops.
Old 4 Oct 2014, 11:29 (Ref:3460167)   #93
kyoung
Racer

United States
kyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Way to go Daniel Keilwitz!
Old 4 Oct 2014, 12:44 (Ref:3460180)   #94
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoung View Post
Way to go Daniel Keilwitz!

?
Old 4 Oct 2014, 12:56 (Ref:3460184)   #95
kyoung
Racer

United States
kyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
?
"Keilwitz in the Corvette was unbeatable in qualifying for the last ADAC GT Masters race of 2014. The winner of five races this season came out on top right at the beginning of the session, setting a new qualifying record for the ADAC GT Masters at Hockenheim."

He won race 1 and is on pole for race 2 tomorrow.
Old 4 Oct 2014, 13:54 (Ref:3460202)   #96
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Van Lagen
Old 5 Oct 2014, 16:10 (Ref:3460878)   #97
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some news for 2015:

1) The ADAC GT Masters will use Pirelli tires from next year on, which is quite interesting if you ask me. After all, aren't the Blancpain series using Pirelli, too? Maybe Ratel is trying to turn the GT Masters into a feeder series for his Blancpain series?

2) According to the ADAC, the GT Masters will receive live coverage in Germany for 2015 again, but a channel hasn't been named so far. But I'd reckon that Kabel Eins will broadcast the series again. While the commentators haven't made any reference to broadcasting the series in 2015, they haven't made any goodbyes or something similar. Plus, Kabel Eins would be the best out of all possible deals. I reckon that Sport1 may also be interested in showing the GT Masters after losing the MotoGP rights to Eurosport Germany, but Sport1 has a rather bad reputation among Germany's sports fans. After all, we're talking about a station that prefers to show a football talk show at 11am instead of MotoGP racing

3) Spa will return to the schedule, but a proper schedule will be announced in a couple of weeks. Probably when the ADAC announces their TV package for 2015, I'd guess.

Source: http://www.speedweek.com/adacgtmaste...t-Pirelli.html (In German)
Old 5 Oct 2014, 16:56 (Ref:3460894)   #98
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, pirelli are not the best tyres in the world, but surely better than yokohama. Being used in BES and BSS too, I guess that this helps a lot teams like HTP or schubert!
Old 5 Oct 2014, 18:03 (Ref:3460919)   #99
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Pirelli must be offering some good deals for any series where there's no competition!
Old 5 Oct 2014, 18:12 (Ref:3460923)   #100
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Just came back from Hockenheim (series of pretty big traffic jams on the Autobahn, probably due to the end of the long weekend, made a 1h 20 minutes trips into a 3.5h ordeal )

Great racing in GT-Masters today, but the less is said about the support package, the better.

Also, the race director was very trigger happy with the FCY-button, both issues were cleaned up before the safety-car had picked up the leader. I guess that policy is actually quite understandable in the light of this mornings events in Japan, though. Also created an exiciting finish, but also a lot of wrecked cars.

Overall, I was glad I went (first GT-Masters race since 2011), but I really hope they can spruce up their support package for next year. With GT-Masters running relatively early in the day, the further races were really quite anticlimatic.