Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Classic Cars

Old 22 Mar 2005, 16:30 (Ref:1258969)   #1
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jaguar XJS - two slightly odd requests!

A colleague at work is known in the office as Dave Three Jags, cos he's, er, got three Jags. Two being XJS's.

He's trying to track down a couple of things for himself and fellow XJS enthusiasts.

1. XJS owners may know there's a sticker that tells you how to operate the handbrake. And wo betide a concourse entrant with a missing sticker! So first request - he's nailed down the correct font, colour & design etc., but doesn't know anyone who could produce a small number of stickers to the specified design. Or (I guess) better still, a supplier of the original stickers?!

2. Many of you will probably know what I mean by the Leyland "down the plughole" logo...

Does anyone have a large high quality image of this?

Cheers everyone!
Old 23 Mar 2005, 04:55 (Ref:1259451)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Might I suggest a PM to Al Weyman? He's in that business and if he can't help he may know someone who can.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 00:08 (Ref:1260301)   #3
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for the plug Peter, If you have the artwork I could easy produce a few stickers for you and won't cost a fortune. Email me the artwork at the shop sales@cadart.com and the sizes and quantity and I will give you a price for vinyl waterproof stickers.

Edit: I probably have a copy of the Leyland logo.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 24 Mar 2005 at 00:10.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 22:09 (Ref:1261129)   #4
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
carsreunited should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Typical

I've just had some sponsor stickers done by a total stranger. If I'd known, I would have got you to do them Al. Never mind.

I know someone who is looking for a new supplier, fairly low volumes but I'll pass your details on.

Scott
Dolomite Sprint #86, 2006 CTCRC Post Historic CHAMPIONSHIP
Old 24 Mar 2005, 22:14 (Ref:1261134)   #5
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Scott, we have some great gear at the shop and don't just do stickers and vinyl graphics, check us out here if I am allowed a little unashamed plug :-) www.cadart.com
Old 24 Mar 2005, 23:00 (Ref:1261154)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You know I had never really thought of the Leyland logo as a vortex/plughole before....

The Aussie version of the same branding is no better

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 Mar 2005, 23:04 (Ref:1261159)   #7
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Leyland, down the pliug hole logo, quite prophetic really. :-)
Old 29 Mar 2005, 10:38 (Ref:1264133)   #8
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
By the way Al, my colleague contacted you directly I believe ... cheers.
Old 29 Mar 2005, 18:42 (Ref:1264521)   #9
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
OK Garcon I will look out for him, if he makes contact tell him to mention 10 tenths to job my memory.