Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Jul 2021, 23:20 (Ref:4059267)   #26
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I presume apart from the Toyota test mule any other testing for the main teams has been behind closed doors?
The season commences at Donington Park in late April, with the BTCC planning to host three official pre-season test days at various venues, to allow as much time as practical for teams to carry out Hybrid testing.
Old 2 Jul 2021, 07:25 (Ref:4059296)   #27
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I presume apart from the Toyota test mule any other testing for the main teams has been behind closed doors?
I doubt the final spec of hybrid kit has been made available to teams yet. There aren't that many teams who have spare current spec NGTC cars to test with anyhow, and even with a hybrid powertrain, I think it would still be covered by the in-season testing ban.
Old 3 Jul 2021, 11:41 (Ref:4059538)   #28
CroftPilgrim
Racer

CroftPilgrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I would surmise - I definitely don't know this as fact, so take it as read - that the International circuit using the Wing pits is considerably more expensive to hire than the National.

Add to that the relatively small size of the paddock which would push some of the support series over to the National paddock areas and have to move pit equipment, tyres, team personnel between the two (like they do at the Grand Prix) I would imagine that TOCA looked at it and thought.... yeah nah.
Simple answer, as Alan Gow stated about this year's calendar, it was Silverstone's preference to use the National circuit
Old 5 Jul 2021, 14:35 (Ref:4059957)   #29
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroftPilgrim View Post
Simple answer, as Alan Gow stated about this year's calendar, it was Silverstone's preference to use the National circuit

So at least we can’t blame Gow, at least he tried with the ‘South’ circuit
Old 1 Aug 2021, 21:19 (Ref:4064708)   #30
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was great to see Jordan testing the Toyota hybrid but no possible ensuing rumour is likely to change his mind about coming back unless he can find the sponsorship and the right deal as is always the way with every other driver.
Old 1 Aug 2021, 21:50 (Ref:4064717)   #31
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honestly I think if he had a really good offer on table to be back, he'd accept it. But the thing is, an offer wouldn't come to him without trying and working hard to get it - and I suppose he's not eager to do it. He's found his 'comfort zone' that probably earns him money, makes him financially secure, satisfies him. So I think he's not really keen on getting back. But who knows, maybe time will change something.
Old 1 Aug 2021, 22:56 (Ref:4064729)   #32
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Honestly I think if he had a really good offer on table to be back, he'd accept it. But the thing is, an offer wouldn't come to him without trying and working hard to get it - and I suppose he's not eager to do it. He's found his 'comfort zone' that probably earns him money, makes him financially secure, satisfies him. So I think he's not really keen on getting back. But who knows, maybe time will change something.
Hopefully Cammish will be able to return at least.
Old 8 Sep 2021, 18:43 (Ref:4072649)   #33
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting to see that the 1 Series owned by Ciceley is being used as a hybrid test car.
Old 9 Sep 2021, 09:15 (Ref:4072754)   #34
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Interesting to see that the 1 Series owned by Ciceley is being used as a hybrid test car.
Where did you see that? Guess there was a need to run test with a RWD platform as well as the FWD one then.
Old 9 Sep 2021, 09:28 (Ref:4072755)   #35
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
Where did you see that? Guess there was a need to run test with a RWD platform as well as the FWD one then.
The built car - chassis F21-2013-01:
Attached Thumbnails
3537.jpg  
Old 9 Sep 2021, 09:41 (Ref:4072757)   #36
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
A good idea, means they can save on mileage on their current car, while sorting out their own hybrid
Old 9 Sep 2021, 13:04 (Ref:4072787)   #37
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
A good idea, means they can save on mileage on their current car, while sorting out their own hybrid
If it's running as a hybrid now it would be the same as the Toyota though wouldn't it rather than the team themselves running it directly?

I was under the impression the teams didn't get the hybrid kit until all the testing was finished at the end of the season.
Old 9 Sep 2021, 13:21 (Ref:4072791)   #38
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
If it's running as a hybrid now it would be the same as the Toyota though wouldn't it rather than the team themselves running it directly?
The Toyota was built by Speedworks, and they were also involved with the testing of the car. Their logo is still visible on the bonnet. I would imagine the same is true of the 125i, in that Cicelely will be assisting with the running of the car, but all data will be retained by Cosworth.

Speedworks BTCC team happy with first circuit test of hybrid system

'Speedworks, which is developing the system on behalf of BTCC organiser TOCA alongside hybrid supplier Cosworth Electronics, took an additional Toyota to this week's two-day Goodyear tyre test alongside the official Toyota GB Corolla of Tom Ingram.

[...]

Speedworks boss Christian Dick told Autosport: "We got a number of days booked at an airfield before we ran at a circuit, because there are a number of complex systems in there, and we wouldn't want to turn up at a circuit and try to do laps without trying it first.
'
Attached Thumbnails
3373.jpg  
Old 9 Sep 2021, 14:50 (Ref:4072805)   #39
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 1 Series is being used as a test car for the Hybrid system with rear wheel drive in the same way the Toyota is being used as a test car for front wheel drive
Old 9 Sep 2021, 15:00 (Ref:4072806)   #40
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
I'm sure all of the teams are fully in the loop - and those who are unhappy will have the situation lined up as one of the first 2022 'whinges' about the opposition.
It could be argued that, in terms of favouritism, Speedworks are being given a big advantage next season, being involved with testing of the system in their current model entry.
Ciceley are getting a slight advantage, being involved with testing of the system in a former model RWD.
Everyone else will only begin to understand how it works with their cars for the first time when they get the package(s) to test with.
Old 9 Sep 2021, 15:57 (Ref:4072819)   #41
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The Toyota was built by Speedworks, and they were also involved with the testing of the car. Their logo is still visible on the bonnet. I would imagine the same is true of the 125i, in that Cicelely will be assisting with the running of the car, but all data will be retained by Cosworth.
I know, that's what I meant. It's another test car rather than a car that Cicely are running purely for themselves which seemed to what the other post was saying.
Old 11 Sep 2021, 12:42 (Ref:4073073)   #42
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jade Edwards posting on her Social Media that she has an announcement at 5pm.

Could that be a 2nd season at BTC Racing? Or working as another development driver on a hybrid car perhaps? We will see very soon…
Old 11 Sep 2021, 13:41 (Ref:4073079)   #43
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post

Could that be a 2nd season at BTC Racing? Or working as another development driver on a hybrid car perhaps? We will see very soon…
Or it’s all over post Mr incedent Shedden Thruxton taking her off
Old 11 Sep 2021, 13:53 (Ref:4073081)   #44
Millvi
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Or it’s all over post Mr incedent Shedden Thruxton taking her off
I thought it could be, but BTC Racing on Facebook billing Jade’s news as “Exciting”.
Old 11 Sep 2021, 15:25 (Ref:4073098)   #45
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

I’m not sure you will see any current driver that’s in the grid be driving the hybrid test cars
Old 11 Sep 2021, 16:18 (Ref:4073105)   #46
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I thought it could be, but BTC Racing on Facebook billing Jade’s news as “Exciting”.
I'm not sure I consider announcing a new line in merch as 'exciting'
Old 11 Sep 2021, 16:22 (Ref:4073106)   #47
Millvi
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I'm not sure I consider announcing a new line in merch as 'exciting'
No, neither would I.
Old 12 Sep 2021, 11:20 (Ref:4073226)   #48
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Rest in peace, Gordon Spice, sorry to go off subject.

Last edited by Nononsensecapeesh; 12 Sep 2021 at 11:26.
Old 28 Sep 2021, 18:24 (Ref:4076164)   #49
Spanner monkey
Racer

England
Norwich
Spanner monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rumours of Ash Sutton in a "British" RWD Car next year with a fast driver from the support series as his team mate ?
Old 28 Sep 2021, 19:39 (Ref:4076185)   #50
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner monkey View Post
Rumours of Ash Sutton in a "British" RWD Car next year with a fast driver from the support series as his team mate ?
The Bmr Jaguar rumours resurfacing?