Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Feb 2022, 00:40 (Ref:4098441)   #1
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Adelaide 500 Is Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack... in 2022 (Maybe)

Adelaide 500 will end the 2022 season IF the current Labor opposition win the March 19 SA election - stories:

Auto Fiction

Ad Cafe
Old 13 Feb 2022, 01:12 (Ref:4098443)   #2
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll believe it when I see it. If so, it would probably be best to host an "International" Formula E event as well on a shortened course for a more balanced reputation in terms of nostalgia motorsport vs progressive motorsport.
Old 13 Feb 2022, 01:45 (Ref:4098445)   #3
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are the latest polls saying?

Does Labour stand a chance of winning?
Old 13 Feb 2022, 03:58 (Ref:4098456)   #4
Jack65
Racer

Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liberals have been consistently ahead throughout the term, albeit only slightly. Don't see the mad rush to have it in December, would be more pragmatic to run as the first event in 2023.
Old 19 Mar 2022, 09:28 (Ref:4103230)   #5
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll call it here first and say the Adelaide 500 is BACK!
Old 19 Mar 2022, 09:56 (Ref:4103231)   #6
Jack65
Racer

Labor projected to win South Australian election, Peter Malinauskas to become premier
Old 19 Mar 2022, 10:30 (Ref:4103234)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It’s early in the counting cycle.. yet the swing away from the Clipsal crusher towards someone else, anyone else, looks huge!

Are we game to book planes and hotels yet?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 19 Mar 2022, 11:38 (Ref:4103239)   #8
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, that is a big surprise, let's hope we have some exciting racing there
Old 19 Mar 2022, 12:37 (Ref:4103252)   #9
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
I'll call it here first and say the Adelaide 500 is BACK!
Where politicians are concerned nothing is guaranteed. I wish I had a dollar for every pollies back down on electoral promises and I could list a lot of them but that would be against forum rules I would think. In short I am not convinced but live in hope.
Old 19 Mar 2022, 17:45 (Ref:4103304)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Sounds promising when the bloke offering the event responds on Election Night.. when I’m sure there was lots of other stuff to be getting on with!

Adelaide 500 is go go go…!
Old 19 Mar 2022, 20:36 (Ref:4103319)   #11
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was interesting that the seat that includes the area near the circuit precinct had a stronger than state average swing to Labor.So much for residents objections although I think there were bigger issues at play than a car race.
Old 19 Mar 2022, 21:52 (Ref:4103339)   #12
Jack65
Racer

Playing devil's advocate, if it becomes the last event of 2022, would then only be 10-12 weeks before the beginning of the 2023 season, which would make it hardly worth debuilding and then rebuilding the circuit should the Adelaide 500 be planned to be round 1 next year.

The event had been suffering from declining interest in its last few years, having the event twice in three months wouldn't help. A more common sense would be best to just wait until 2023. Also isn't it a contractual requirement that the last event be held in NSW, or has this expired?
Old 20 Mar 2022, 05:31 (Ref:4103414)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Supercar planning Dec 1-4 Season Finale

It’s all getting kinda real…
Old 20 Mar 2022, 05:34 (Ref:4103415)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack65 View Post
Playing devil's advocate, if it becomes the last event of 2022, would then only be 10-12 weeks before the beginning of the 2023 season, which would make it hardly worth debuilding and then rebuilding the circuit should the Adelaide 500 be planned to be round 1 next year.

The event had been suffering from declining interest in its last few years, having the event twice in three months wouldn't help. A more common sense would be best to just wait until 2023. Also isn't it a contractual requirement that the last event be held in NSW, or has this expired?
The removal of state government support, and losing the SA Major Events board may have had more than a bit to do with the event’s later challenges.
Clipsal didn’t leave for no good reason..

There is an upside.. in seeing the demise of Gen2 and the christening of Gen3 at the very same circuit provides some symmetry..
Presuming the teams have their cars and enough bits to make a show of it..
Old 20 Mar 2022, 05:55 (Ref:4103416)   #15
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
This was my question...
Old 20 Mar 2022, 06:05 (Ref:4103417)   #16
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Newcastle is contracted to start the 2023 season
Old 20 Mar 2022, 07:29 (Ref:4103418)   #17
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
So i guess this answers my question above. Tourism NSW has obviously contracted for the opening race of the season, not the closing race.
Old 20 Mar 2022, 09:22 (Ref:4103432)   #18
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good job the city got a new Premier last year, there was a danger that the circuit could have been gone forever prior to that.
Old 20 Mar 2022, 23:03 (Ref:4103604)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Just as they were in 2022.. lets just see if it plays out...
Old 22 Mar 2022, 01:54 (Ref:4103778)   #20
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
December 1-4 was to be the Australian Superbike Series round at Tailem Bend so likely that weekend will end up moving if the 1-4 December 500 weekend sticks.
Old 22 Mar 2022, 11:42 (Ref:4103813)   #21
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So if the Adelaide circuit gets resurrected will Tailem Bend get the flick or will SA get two races? Call me sceptical but I can see a fair bit of lobbying from TB on keeping the status quo.
Old 22 Mar 2022, 21:42 (Ref:4103911)   #22
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
So if the Adelaide circuit gets resurrected will Tailem Bend get the flick or will SA get two races? Call me sceptical but I can see a fair bit of lobbying from TB on keeping the status quo.
The Shahin’s might have been doing a fair bit of lobbying to the Marshall government to get rid of the 500 to begin with.If that was the case it might come back to bite them.
Old 22 Mar 2022, 22:40 (Ref:4103915)   #23
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
The Shahin’s might have been doing a fair bit of lobbying to the Marshall government to get rid of the 500 to begin with.If that was the case it might come back to bite them.
I don't know if that is true but it would be a fair presumption. As I said above anything promised by a politician is not necessarily going to happen for about 1000 reasons. The introduction of the GST in this country is a classic example of politicians changing their agenda. I don't want to start any sort of political debate here but don't count your chickens (or race circuits) just yet.
Old 22 Mar 2022, 22:55 (Ref:4103918)   #24
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
If I dropped $100m to build something I would too.
Old 23 Mar 2022, 11:22 (Ref:4103969)   #25
S griffin
Veteran

Quite frankly this circuit needs to stay, it's a great race track and does a lot for the city. It's always been a great event when they race here