Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 9 Dec 2002, 13:52 (Ref:446283)   #1
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sebring flag-to-flag coverage

Liz posted this in announcing the season review show, but I thought I'd highlight the relevant section:

Quote:
The cable network will continue its association with the (ALMS) in 2003, beginning with live, flag-to-flag coverage of the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring on Saturday, March 15. The Sebring telecast will be preceded by a 30-minute program previewing the race and the 2003 season.

-Andy Hall, ALMS PR Director
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 9 Dec 2002, 14:04 (Ref:446293)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Shame we do get over here in Europe, looks like I will have to listen the Radio Web again...............
Old 9 Dec 2002, 14:06 (Ref:446295)   #3
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...and see Eurosport 1hour non-live coverage.
Old 9 Dec 2002, 14:35 (Ref:446319)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah I mean it kind of sucks, but Ive read at www.eurostc.com that SPEED and Eurosport are strenghning their links with each other, as they are getting all the FIA ETCC rounds and FIA GT rounds together, and we get their coverage of the ALMS. Perhaps one day they will be so kind as to give us live feed of their coverage of the ALMS and we would give them live coverage of the ETCC and FIA GT, it looks like it could happen in a year or so perhaps.

Maybe thats just being a little too optimistic, but hey it looks like things are moving in that direction. SFONESECA u saw the article im reffering to at www.eurostc.com right?
Old 9 Dec 2002, 14:39 (Ref:446323)   #5
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not SFONESECA but Mr. SFonseca!!!! ok??

What article are you talking about?? 11 Apr 2002 - MASSIVE TV COVERAGE FOR THE FIA ETCC ??
Old 9 Dec 2002, 14:41 (Ref:446326)   #6
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, the SPEED Channel and Eurosport are working together more closely now than ever before, SPEED are using Eurosports coverage of the FIA GT and ETCC covereage. And Eurosport are using SPEEDs coverage of the ALMS. Perhaps one day they will both broadcast each series live, so we get ALMS live and they get the FIA GT and FIA ETCC live, or perhaps 1 day delayed coverage.
Old 9 Dec 2002, 16:06 (Ref:446366)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Yep, the SPEED Channel and Eurosport are working together more closely now than ever before, SPEED are using Eurosports coverage of the FIA GT and ETCC covereage. And Eurosport are using SPEEDs coverage of the ALMS. Perhaps one day they will both broadcast each series live, so we get ALMS live and they get the FIA GT and FIA ETCC live, or perhaps 1 day delayed coverage.
I can not see that happening on Eurosport - but maybe on Motor TV, which I belive is owned by Eurosport.
Old 9 Dec 2002, 17:03 (Ref:446403)   #8
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Yeah, ur probably right, I just hope Motors TV is available on NTL digital soon as currently it isnt..
Old 9 Dec 2002, 20:44 (Ref:446517)   #9
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Yeah, ur probably right, I just hope Motors TV is available on NTL digital soon as currently it isnt..
and Telewest................
Old 12 Dec 2002, 21:15 (Ref:448604)   #10
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From speed-affiliates.com:
Quote:
Coming in February – Unprecedented Speed Week coverage from Daytona, CART and the 24 Hours of Daytona!
Now, flag-to-flag coverage of the Rolex 24 isn't "unprecedented," unless you're differentiating SpeedTV from Speedvision. But it sounds promising. I just hope to confirm this trend soon - I'd like the revival of the Endurance Racing Grand Slam coverage.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 16 Dec 2002, 02:36 (Ref:450781)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just give us back Speedvision! That's what I want! Get them taxicabs off the air and give us IMSA, CART, Rally and every sports car race you can find!

Oh, and WSB and MotoGP too.

Paul, are you sure you can't get time off to go to Sebring?
Old 16 Dec 2002, 02:51 (Ref:450786)   #12
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
No guarantees either way, but I've never tried before.

Is it worth it?

-Bill James
Old 16 Dec 2002, 04:33 (Ref:450808)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I enjoyed it very much last year! And that was without my hard card and trying to make bricks without straw (that is, trying to cover a lot of series with no internet connection.)

You should go. You should drive.
Old 16 Dec 2002, 05:11 (Ref:450814)   #14
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What drives me nuts with Speed is the NASCAR over-exposure... "Men Behind the Wrenches", "Past Champions", and of course... "NASCAR Classics"!

See Richard Petty... Turn left! See Harry Gant... Turn left! See Dale Earnhardt.... Turn left!

Where's the Grand Prix Classics show???
Old 16 Dec 2002, 06:25 (Ref:450858)   #15
RacingManiac
Racer

RacingManiac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How I wish the LM next year will be flag to flag.....I miss fighting for conciousness to watch the whole thing......
Old 16 Dec 2002, 07:32 (Ref:450877)   #16
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by RacingManiac
How I wish the LM next year will be flag to flag.....I miss fighting for conciousness to watch the whole thing......
If that does not happen there is always the wonderful Radio Le Mans, they will be doing the thing again and even better u could be there in person like I will be.....................
Old 16 Dec 2002, 10:57 (Ref:450995)   #17
Brant
Rookie

Brant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with Lee Janotta,our beloved SpeedVision is slowly turning into the all Nascar Channel. They run 365 days a year don't they?

I used Radio LeMans, Speed and Live timing and scoring to get me through the race. Damn I should just buy a ticket!
Old 16 Dec 2002, 12:34 (Ref:451060)   #18
Liz
Veteran

Yes! You should! It's the one trip all race fans should take!

But Sebring is good if you can't travel that far. You get about 6 support races to go with it.
Old 16 Dec 2002, 13:38 (Ref:451116)   #19
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee Janotta
...and of course... "NASCAR Classics"!
How does 2000 Daytona 500 rate a "Classic," I ask?

Truly ridiculous.

At least I got loads of SCCA Runoffs and Aussie V8s this weekend.

For all of you who pine for 24h coverage du Mans, write Speed and tell them.

It'll get more than not writing them.

-Bill James