Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Jul 2019, 06:51 (Ref:3917094)   #101
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is the Masters Timetable.
Attached Thumbnails
Capture5.PNG  
Old 12 Jul 2019, 07:21 (Ref:3917099)   #102
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Thanks for the advice, I'm looking forward to it and I'll keep an eye out for you, it'll be nice to see another tragic old git and know I'm not the only one!
I can make that three
Old 12 Jul 2019, 07:53 (Ref:3917102)   #103
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
I can make that three
Old 12 Jul 2019, 13:07 (Ref:3917161)   #104
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Will there be a Delta Marshal's BBQ this year?
Old 12 Jul 2019, 17:52 (Ref:3917199)   #105
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Will there be a Delta Marshal's BBQ this year?
Yes, I’ve just made thread sticky....
Old 12 Jul 2019, 17:56 (Ref:3917200)   #106
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Old 12 Jul 2019, 17:59 (Ref:3917201)   #107
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Actually I've just realized the thread title notes "Historic GP Circuit" but I understood from last year that there is no licence for that configuration, hence we ran on the usual GP configuration. Anyone any idea as to whether the historic track is now licenced?
Old 12 Jul 2019, 18:27 (Ref:3917209)   #108
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Mmm, seem to remember a panic over track licence last year (?), but sure was sorted for the event.....
Old 12 Jul 2019, 21:24 (Ref:3917237)   #109
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have attended two club meetings using the full configuration and both used the GP layout.
Old 12 Jul 2019, 22:05 (Ref:3917243)   #110
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC used the F1 configuration for the International GP meet in May.

Maybe the same for the Classic.
Old 13 Jul 2019, 05:04 (Ref:3917276)   #111
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Just so as I don’t miss the corner and embarrass myself- Let’s be clear, we’re talking of ‘Historic’ Vale and the alternative tighter ‘Modern’ Vale corner?
Old 13 Jul 2019, 05:20 (Ref:3917281)   #112
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yup that's the Johnny. Last year we were due to race on the historic version but they discovered it has never had an FIA licence. We were advised just before qualifying. I'm not sure if they struck a deal to run pre 66 grids on the historic and post 66 on the modern.
Old 13 Jul 2019, 05:23 (Ref:3917282)   #113
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Yup that's the Johnny. Last year we were due to race on the historic version but they discovered it has never had an FIA licence. We were advised just before qualifying. I'm not sure if they struck a deal to run pre 66 grids on the historic and post 66 on the modern.
Correct! That’s what they did. All coming back to me now. Thank goodness someone has a memory.....
Old 13 Jul 2019, 06:21 (Ref:3917292)   #114
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Correct! That’s what they did. All coming back to me now. Thank goodness someone has a memory.....
VSCC & HSCC both used the 'proper' Vale, not the cissy version for old men and cars. To say it is not licenced demonstrates just how stupid bureaucracy can be. It merely a slight variation of the 'licenced layout. Crazy.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 08:26 (Ref:3917464)   #115
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I recall, it was to do with the age of the youngest cars : as the Roadsports race included 70s cars, the 'historic' part of the licence was deemed not to cover an race with younger cars. I have to say that me and the Chevy loathed the 'modern' circuit at Vale.
Nick
Old 14 Jul 2019, 08:32 (Ref:3917465)   #116
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I do like the historic version, it flows much better than the stand-on-the-brakes modern version.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 09:51 (Ref:3917478)   #117
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
I do like the historic version, it flows much better than the stand-on-the-brakes modern version.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 10:25 (Ref:3917484)   #118
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Personally I think the 'GP' Vale is an abortion for any category of car, including F1. Visually it is not exciting once you are past the heavy braking, and lock-up's.
Too many sweeping curves ruins any circuit. Very few F1 tracks feature any 'cornering' and consist of driving around bends at high sped. Little skill required, just a good car.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 10:52 (Ref:3917489)   #119
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Actually I think Silverstone is pretty good for both. The Brooklands to Luffield exit is extremely difficult to get right. The Maggotts Beckets complex is fun and again can bite. I do miss the old Abbey and of course Bridge.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 16:55 (Ref:3917627)   #120
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Personally I think the 'GP' Vale is an abortion for any category of car, including F1. Visually it is not exciting once you are past the heavy braking, and lock-up's.
Too many sweeping curves ruins any circuit. Very few F1 tracks feature any 'cornering' and consist of driving around bends at high sped. Little skill required, just a good car.

Yeah , I thought just that when I saw Ronnie Peterson at Woodcote in the Lotus 72 and Fernando Alonso at Bridge in the Renault R25 . Looked pretty like cornering to me
Old 15 Jul 2019, 14:06 (Ref:3917839)   #121
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Actually I've just realized the thread title notes "Historic GP Circuit" but I understood from last year that there is no licence for that configuration, hence we ran on the usual GP configuration. Anyone any idea as to whether the historic track is now licenced?
The Historic GP version in not licenced so its the tighter current version being used for the Classic.
Old 15 Jul 2019, 14:09 (Ref:3917841)   #122
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Thanks Alan.
Old 15 Jul 2019, 21:27 (Ref:3917932)   #123
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And the first entry list is in, courtesy of the HGPCA:
Attached Thumbnails
HGPCA Silverstone Classic 2019 Entry list.png  
Old 15 Jul 2019, 21:47 (Ref:3917936)   #124
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Forgive the double post, ill put this up as well if anyone wants to see they layout for this years running:
Attached Thumbnails
Silverstone Classic 2019 Layout.png  
Old 16 Jul 2019, 06:15 (Ref:3917960)   #125
Willmaz223
Veteran

Cheers as usual for the Links Craig.

Good grid there although it probably will change quite a bit before the event.

Cannot wait to hopefully see that Ferrari 1512.Looks incredible.