Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 12 Apr 2019, 10:34 (Ref:3896981)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Jim Russell 1920-2019

A link here to one orbituary. Being a Snetterton ‘local’ the name Jim Russell has been one I grew up hearing often. His Racing Driver’s Schools are still well known today, and have been responsible for nurturing a lot of talent.

RIP Jim.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/n...sell-1920-2019
Old 12 Apr 2019, 13:44 (Ref:3897006)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What an age to go out at, 98. We have a lot to thank for him developing his racing school. May he RIP
Old 12 Apr 2019, 19:55 (Ref:3897084)   #3
stevebrown
Racer

England
The Port of Indecision, SW of Disorder
stevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only just found this out. My Dad knew him years ago as he came from Downham Market. When I was young Dad would often stop off at Jim's Garage on the way to see my Aunt. I remember once we went over and in Jim's showroom was a what I can only call a racing simulator. It consisted of a red 500cc race car somehow connected to a rudimentary animated screen a race track. Dad had a go and I would have loved to as well but as Jim said "You a little too young son, your feet won't reach the pedals". I don't think he wanted a six year old messing about with his expensive toy.