Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 12 Mar 2001, 13:51 (Ref:70442)   #1
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Vandas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anyone is coming down to the V8 supercars at Phillip Island come down and say hello. I will be running the grid. But I will be around, mainly near the Formula Holden Teams and a few of the V8 teams, trying to make a few connections, and strengthen some existing ones. And I will have a beer or two with you, down at the Isle of Wight. So let me know if anyone is going down.
Old 13 Mar 2001, 05:38 (Ref:70712)   #2
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
Diabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDiabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You bet we will be there!! About five of us have rented a house for the weekend. We should be driving up on the Friday night.

So Vandas! How will we recognise you??
Old 13 Mar 2001, 10:35 (Ref:70742)   #3
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be going down to continue my month of madness of traveling all over the country...well I keep going down to Melbourne (and PI).
Old 13 Mar 2001, 12:45 (Ref:70761)   #4
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Well I will be one of the grid marshals, most probably the guy who looks the most hungover. There are a few of us who look similar from a distance. We are all dark haired, the same build, and same height. Plus we are all sons of senior officials. Just come down to the base of the tower, if you can get in there, and come up to the fence. Ask for me.

My name is Cameron, Saturday is probably the better day as there aren't so many races so I have more time to stop and chat. I will be at the Isle of Wight on the Saturday night having heaps of beers.

Cameron.
Old 13 Mar 2001, 23:47 (Ref:70975)   #5
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
Diabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDiabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excellent

I knew Elephino would probably make it so why dont we all meet up at the IoW after Saturdays events, and have a counter meal, followed by numerous beers??
Old 14 Mar 2001, 13:16 (Ref:71070)   #6
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
well the plan of attack is at the moment that I will be at the Isle on Saturday night. I may not be there to eat
but I will be there later. I will SMS you guys and let you know where and when I will be there.

Cam
Old 14 Mar 2001, 23:26 (Ref:71254)   #7
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
okee!! See you there!!
Old 15 Mar 2001, 10:03 (Ref:71334)   #8
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm waiting on a media pass, so I might annoy you on the grid
Old 15 Mar 2001, 14:18 (Ref:71379)   #9
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
HAve you seen how far they make us run now. We have to run from the start finish line, to way back under the bridge. I doubt I'll make it half way I'm that unfit at the moment. I am mainly going to down to have a chat to a few people, but the best way to get good access is to do some officials work in the meantime. PM me to get my mobile, so I can SMS you when you are down there.
Old 16 Mar 2001, 11:11 (Ref:71643)   #10
elephino
Veteran

I've sent you my mobile number, and diabando already knows it so someone should be able to get in contact with me, or me with them.
Old 18 Mar 2001, 23:44 (Ref:72586)   #11
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
bbrrrrrrrrr!!!

yup - we are all SMS'd ready! *LOL*

Looks to me like its going to be very cold down there this weekend...very cold...and anyone who has been there before knows how the wind chill goes right through to your bones...so no matter what the weather forecast says, bring some very warm jumpers and jackets!!!