Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Sep 2009, 10:05 (Ref:2546512)   #76
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can thank him Peck, I certainly wouldn't.
Old 23 Sep 2009, 10:23 (Ref:2546520)   #77
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
take it your not a fan of the extended track then trev or the improved pit facilities
Old 23 Sep 2009, 10:58 (Ref:2546537)   #78
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
I thank Winton, BAC and the fans who support the track Peck, they are the ones who paid for it.
Old 23 Sep 2009, 11:01 (Ref:2546541)   #79
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
But according to you, they only did it because TC made them, even though TC receives no benefit out of it (or minimal)
Old 23 Sep 2009, 11:20 (Ref:2546554)   #80
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
TC wouldn't even know where Winton was
Old 23 Sep 2009, 11:25 (Ref:2546557)   #81
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
well true, but his chauffeur/pilot would
Old 23 Sep 2009, 11:29 (Ref:2546561)   #82
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
This is a no win Peck, I am not going to concede that he has done anything to help motorsport. I know for a fact that he has siad "I don't know anything car about car racing, I don't even like car racing, this is about the "event".
Old 23 Sep 2009, 11:38 (Ref:2546568)   #83
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
so?

you dont have to like pig farming to eat bacon.

he happens to know what people like, he also happens to be good at persuading people to invest in motorsport events others happen to be running race tracks, doesnt means they are any good at it though. He encourages them to improve it to so that people who pay money get value out of the event
Old 23 Sep 2009, 13:07 (Ref:2546626)   #84
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the great persuader ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
so?

you dont have to like pig farming to eat bacon.

he happens to know what people like, he also happens to be good at persuading people to invest in motorsport events others happen to be running race tracks, doesnt means they are any good at it though. He encourages them to improve it to so that people who pay money get value out of the event

As an expat West Aussie at Wanneroo day #1, I think your spin has more than a bit of Murali in it ... I've watched, bullying is the correct term, nonetheless a fine business plan well executed. Be up front peck, no need to run the improvement of motorsport line, irrelevant to the business case.
Old 24 Sep 2009, 00:06 (Ref:2547056)   #85
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You must have blinked..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev View Post
So go and take your dirty swipes somewhere else.
Firstly Trev, my comments were mainly aimed at those taking a "dirty swipe" at Supercars by blaming them for not wanting or contributing to spectator comfort and improvements. There is no doubt that Winton has made infrastructure improvements including the much needed pit facilities etc.

However, my point was there is a constant stream of track associated sympathizers he wish to point out over and over that the tracks run at a fabulous profit without Supercars.

These profits supposedly come from "grass roots racers" and meetings that are attended by "real race fans and enthusiasts".

If they don’t need Supercars and have the sport and its real racers in mind why are they are not spending money on improvements that will benefit them?? It’s easy to blame someone else as you and a couple of others have, but the fact is in many cases (perhaps not necessarily Winton, which you took it upon yourself to use as example) its crap.

Either Supercars is important to their profitability and success or the tracks are hiding behind the excuse for lack of spectator improvements and money being spent because of them "having to cater to V8SA". And a couple of times I have heard "we have to" have association with them for credibility and prestige and long term commercial leverage. Great way to build a commercial arrangement, enjoy the benefits of association and then bag and blame them for everything.

JT does not own the land and neither does the ARDC own the Creek and yet they both claim great profitability for the 360 odd days a year without Supercars. Many successful business, lease and don’t own their properties so this line also continually being rolled out is rubbish.

Funny, how the only answer I got about tracks spending their coin on bread and butter racers was "why should they" and its V8SA's fault except for your post.

Trev, I did not refer to Winton in my post but I am happy to debate spectator and grass root competitor facilities and improvements or lack thereof if you wish. That is of course if you wish to keep the conversation amicable and not dirty swipes as you have suggested. There are enough "simple" debaters around for that you don’t come across to me as one of those.
Old 24 Sep 2009, 01:09 (Ref:2547068)   #86
V8Bobby
Rookie

Australia
V8Bobby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev View Post

As far as the crowds are concerned you are way off mark, yes the crowds were down this year, but all tracks had a downword spiral, something to do with the GFC (and that ain't the Geelong Footabal Club). As a matter of fact Winton traditionally has the largest or equal largest crowds of any of the PERMENANT tracks, so best get you facts right on this one.

Check your PM's.
I was reffering to a lower crowd compared to other events, not preivious years sorry.

Winton does get a good crowd, however, for all of those who have been to both events, would you prefer from a SPECTATOR point of view, Winton (which I believe attracted over 60,000 people this year) or Darwin (41,000 attendance this year)?

I am only making a point from a spectator point of view which events provide the best value for money with regards to amenities and entertainment. There is no coincidence also that the best run events all have government backing which doesn't hurt.

I'm not a motorsport purist or a weekend racer. Just a V8 Supercar fan who enjoys watching the sport - and if I can get a concert with great bands thrown in, somewhere to get out of the weather and some off track entertainment, I've had a great day out for my $80.