Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Apr 2014, 07:55 (Ref:3390992)   #451
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Sunday 0640hrs? I can have a lie-in then! Yes, it is 'Part 1' apparantly and saw it listed in Autosport. Hopefully it will be repeated at different times for those without alarm clocks.........

Old 11 Apr 2014, 12:42 (Ref:3391059)   #452
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I didn't realise that there's a 6.40 in the morning !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 11 Apr 2014, 12:55 (Ref:3391076)   #453
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
You can set your beetamax recorder Gordon

or watch last years revival DVD and a bit of 70's tin tops on you tube
Old 11 Apr 2014, 14:55 (Ref:3391109)   #454
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I didn't realise that there's a 6.40 in the morning !
But I thought that's normally when you got home from the pub, Gordon....
Old 11 Apr 2014, 16:17 (Ref:3391173)   #455
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Sunday 0640hrs? I can have a lie-in then! Yes, it is 'Part 1' apparantly and saw it listed in Autosport. Hopefully it will be repeated at different times for those without alarm clocks.........

You could always watch it on Ch4+1 or 4od
Old 11 Apr 2014, 17:25 (Ref:3391201)   #456
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
You could always watch it on Ch4+1 or 4od
Now you're being clever......
Old 13 Apr 2014, 19:01 (Ref:3392049)   #457
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watching the recording of it and if I'm not mistaken the very first driver you see as Amanda Stretton does her opening intro is Peter Mallett leaning against his Rover on the grid.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 02:10 (Ref:3392174)   #458
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So I've been told.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 15:13 (Ref:3392422)   #459
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is that a better way of driving it?
Old 14 Apr 2014, 17:38 (Ref:3392477)   #460
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Just watching the recording of it and if I'm not mistaken the very first driver you see as Amanda Stretton does her opening intro is Peter Mallett leaning against his Rover on the grid.
Yup, It was this big. If anyone wants to watch it on 4od here's the link
Attached Thumbnails
Mr Mallett.jpg  
Old 17 Apr 2014, 06:21 (Ref:3393695)   #461
mark77
Rookie

mark77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rover in Marlboro colours

Hi - I tested at mallory yesterday a rover in Marlboro colours was there.

Looked and sounded wonderful - I presume this wasn't in the correct spec for the goodwood meeting
Old 17 Apr 2014, 07:40 (Ref:3393726)   #462
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nope, it's the ex Metge Group A car belonging to Richard Postins. Group A is too recent for Goodwood. It should be out at Donington. Built by Ken Clarke as is my TWR Group 1 Rover.

Were you in the Texaco Sierra?
Old 17 Apr 2014, 16:16 (Ref:3393969)   #463
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Part two of the Channel 4 coverage is on Easter Sunday at 05.45. Clearly a prime viewing slot
Old 18 Apr 2014, 08:12 (Ref:3394260)   #464
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry for the delay - a few snaps of the 72nd Members Meeting can be found here ...

Saturday
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwh38/...7644045937066/

Sunday
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwh38/...7643325006274/
Old 18 Apr 2014, 09:28 (Ref:3394290)   #465
mark77
Rookie

mark77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter, wish I was in the Sierra - afraid I was just out in the red xr2i

Mark
Old 23 Jun 2014, 06:27 (Ref:3425216)   #466
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The post from maysty regarding the mystery car (now thought to be the Mercury GT) has been moved to the Motorsport History Forum with it's own new thread here:-

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141955