Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 21 Apr 2016, 00:10 (Ref:3635276)   #1
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Celebrity Race at Long Beach Grand Prix 2016

Shocking incident where recovery crew are nearly wiped out in Celebrity Race at the Long Beach Grand Prix
at 1m 40s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHch51jujFk
Old 21 Apr 2016, 02:27 (Ref:3635294)   #2
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Frightening!
Old 21 Apr 2016, 11:35 (Ref:3635377)   #3
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's astonishing. For the tow truck to have time to get there the cars must surely have passed the scene previously, how can they possibly miss the yellows under those circumstances?
Old 21 Apr 2016, 18:47 (Ref:3635490)   #4
rotation
Rookie

United Kingdom
Stirlingshire, UK
rotation should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blooming 'ell. Glad that the chap is okay.
Old 22 Apr 2016, 10:58 (Ref:3635640)   #5
SouthportFC Fan
Racer

Wales
Southport
SouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotation View Post
Blooming 'ell. Glad that the chap is okay.
He may be OK physically, but what about his state of mind....
Old 22 Apr 2016, 22:00 (Ref:3635786)   #6
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthportFC Fan View Post
He may be OK physically, but what about his state of mind....
Not as bad as Detroit last year
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144404
Old 29 Apr 2016, 16:16 (Ref:3637138)   #7
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scary. Anyone know who the blind muppet was?
Old 11 May 2016, 21:34 (Ref:3641000)   #8
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That incident was at my corner while I was on yellow flag on the inside of Turn 8.

In all there were three flag positions in Turn 8. One driver's left at the 300 brake marker sign, another driver's left at the start of the run off where the post chief and communicator were stationed since they could see down the straight past the blind turn, and my flag point just before the apex driver's right.

We were all waving our yellows vigorously.

I handed my yellow to the blue flagger and went to check on both drivers, one in the tire wall facing counter race and the second that rammed him to put him in that position who was stopped a bit further up the road around the blind corner. Both were attempting to continue. I yelled at both to shut it down as the cars clearly still had the engines running but had no drive.

The Wrecker was stationed at our turn driver's left at the start of the run off. I believe they were dispatched on the second lap.

The three cars of which one (the last of the pack) caused the injury to the "hooker" on the wrecker came in a separate group at full speed. Neither one of them lifted as they saw three vigorously waving flags at our turn.

I'm not really sure who the first two drivers were, I sort of assumed they were "Pro's" but the guy that caused the final incident was a "Celeb" who found the whole experience a big laughing matter. The post chief came to him to say a few words and he flicked him off. Around the same time I came up to the guy that nearly got his legs chopped off and he was still shaking and bleeding from one of his legs. Race control claimed that the injured marshal left in an ambulance but I saw him back in the same wrecker later on in the day, so if he really did leave he came right back.

The unfortunate truth of the matter is nobody respected our Yellow flags. During the incident, immediately after it or while talking about it much later (just listened to Adam Carolla's pod cast talking about the incident and he admitted that he didn't lift at all for the Yellows because in the past that cost him a win... how pathetic!)

Frustrating experience to say the least.