Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 12 Oct 2018, 15:58 (Ref:3856288)   #576
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
All-female lineup at MSR for the full season in GTD next year.

http://www.michaelshankracing.com/in...pionship-2019/
Hopefully we can get a better rendering of the livery of that car. So a better screen shot of it can be made.
Old 12 Oct 2018, 19:06 (Ref:3856328)   #577
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
Lots of old faces though, would have liked to have seen one new talent in there.
Yup, cause the season long codriver is such a household name? She's recently started racing Super Trofeo so not exactly recycling old faces. And do you want Kat to just leave racing cause you think she's too known now?
Old 15 Oct 2018, 18:59 (Ref:3856994)   #578
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like the rumors from mid-summer on Racer have been confirmed now, 3GT and Lexus are done. Sounds like they (Lexus) believe they will be back on the grid next year and MP had reported a few open-wheel teams had been sniffing around Lexus when it came to light the contact was up and there were no talks.

Also seems the proverbial "interested parties" have been talking with Nissan regarding the DPi project. Would be interesting to see who wants to pay the ransom to IMSA to run the project, Patron had been funding it and Nissan was very hands-off but who knows maybe Nissan wants in now.
Old 15 Oct 2018, 19:04 (Ref:3856999)   #579
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Looks like the rumors from mid-summer on Racer have been confirmed now, 3GT and Lexus are done. Sounds like they (Lexus) believe they will be back on the grid next year and MP had reported a few open-wheel teams had been sniffing around Lexus when it came to light the contact was up and there were no talks.

Also seems the proverbial "interested parties" have been talking with Nissan regarding the DPi project. Would be interesting to see who wants to pay the ransom to IMSA to run the project, Patron had been funding it and Nissan was very hands-off but who knows maybe Nissan wants in now.
that would be nice to see somebody continue with the Nissan cars. Can definitely be fast in the right hands.
Old 16 Oct 2018, 16:48 (Ref:3857138)   #580
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like Vasser-AIM got the Lexus deal for next year. No word on drivers at this point.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/l...ivan-for-2019/
Old 16 Oct 2018, 18:07 (Ref:3857148)   #581
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Wonder if anyone was sitting on Winder Highway with a stopwatch, tire test yesterday with Pipo running the 31 for the first time and on the new Michelin tires.

https://racer.com/2018/10/16/derani-...-axr-cadillac/
Old 16 Oct 2018, 20:54 (Ref:3857168)   #582
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Wonder if anyone was sitting on Winder Highway with a stopwatch, tire test yesterday with Pipo running the 31 for the first time and on the new Michelin tires.

https://racer.com/2018/10/16/derani-...-axr-cadillac/
Should have been a good comparison for the team if conditions were similar to Saturday. As Pipo said, he can't make a comparison on the car or tires because there is no cross reference. But I'm sure Nasr and Curren (if also present) could have given some feedback on the cars difference between the tires.
Old 17 Oct 2018, 00:23 (Ref:3857196)   #583
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Apparently Starworks is still working on a program for next season

https://twitter.com/starworksmotor/s...571163137?s=19
Old 17 Oct 2018, 01:29 (Ref:3857201)   #584
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Albuquerque made the comparison Ligier (ELMS) vs Caddy (IMSA) time ago, but again it was Conti vs Dunlop/Michelin. I think Van der Zande is the man to make a good comparison. The Rebellion and DragonSpeed guys could make a good comparison of the different tires on the same chassis.

I'm waiting a miracle to see the Nissans again next year, those are my prefered cars at IMSA.

With the DPi-P2 split, would we see the returns of other P2 chassis or it will be an all Oreca class? The Michelin tires could make some chassis work better than others.
Old 17 Oct 2018, 14:51 (Ref:3857301)   #585
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Apparently Starworks is still working on a program for next season

https://twitter.com/starworksmotor/s...571163137?s=19
Hope they can pull off what they were supposed to do this year which was a planned full season effort running the Land Audi. Be the team's North American operation in conjunction with what they do in Europe with GT Masters, Nurburgring, etc
Old 17 Oct 2018, 16:23 (Ref:3857324)   #586
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Hope they can pull off what they were supposed to do this year which was a planned full season effort running the Land Audi. Be the team's North American operation in conjunction with what they do in Europe with GT Masters, Nurburgring, etc
I forgot they assisted with the Land effort, yes that would be a good spot to keep for next year too.
Old 19 Oct 2018, 18:35 (Ref:3857793)   #587
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Michelin Green Challenge may be coming back! Finally, a reason for me to pay attention to IMSA again.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/m...n-initiatives/

I'll never forget how corvette racing took the title in 2012 with a 39.256 score in the final round. breathtaking stuff.
Old 19 Oct 2018, 19:14 (Ref:3857799)   #588
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Michelin Green Challenge may be coming back! Finally, a reason for me to pay attention to IMSA again.

I'll never forget how corvette racing took the title in 2012 with a 39.256 score in the final round. breathtaking stuff.
Ha Ha. Good one. Yeah I don't think anybody cared about that. Not the groundbreaking news we are looking for in reality.
Old 19 Oct 2018, 19:17 (Ref:3857800)   #589
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Wonder if IMSA can still do some minor modifications ahead of the 2019 season. I don't think it will happen its just my idea. LMP2 budgets could be helped some if they removed them from Long Beach and just made it DPI/GTLM. Also since Laguna Seca was a bit of a mess in 2018, maybe we can go back to two 2-hour split races again. Proto for one and GT for another. Even Marshal and Graham in their podcast expressed an interest in having a prototype only race, perhaps throwing in LMP3s in there.

Also I'll re-state my confidence and optimism in the IMSA GTD Sprint Cup idea. I think it could even outdraw the NAEC fields for the class in 2019.
Old 19 Oct 2018, 20:25 (Ref:3857813)   #590
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:

Especially now, fuel time is equalized or close to it so there's no advantage to being efficient since you'll just end up with a smaller tank. Now going to a set fuel load and letting teams be efficient? That's a good idea and makes the end of the enduros exciting. Just ask Wayne Taylor and Mazda how it can be, and on the agony of defeat side Mustang Sampling guys. But tank size to regulate stint length defeats the purpose of the GREEN X challenge.

Although I have since noticed they use that branding on their street tires so there's that marketing win I guess
Old 19 Oct 2018, 20:59 (Ref:3857817)   #591
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Even Marshal and Graham in their podcast expressed an interest in having a prototype only race, perhaps throwing in LMP3s in there.
So you want less cautions but want to invite LMP3?

-mike
Old 19 Oct 2018, 23:16 (Ref:3857829)   #592
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
So you want less cautions but want to invite LMP3?

-mike
Have you had the fun of an LMP3 car yet? Or any interest in one? Seemed like a good race on their own last weekend
Old 20 Oct 2018, 15:38 (Ref:3857944)   #593
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Have you had the fun of an LMP3 car yet? Or any interest in one? Seemed like a good race on their own last weekend
Ya I raced one at the Road to Le Mans race in 2016 over the LM24 weekend.

No interest in driving one really, until they get more power. They're too slow for the $$$.

-mike
Old 20 Oct 2018, 19:00 (Ref:3857967)   #594
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:

No interest in driving one really, until they get more power. They're too slow for the $$$.

-mike

Careful, that's a bad opinion to have in these parts! I've been saying the same thing for almost two years and have gotten some incredibly rude comments for feeling that way.
Old 20 Oct 2018, 22:00 (Ref:3858005)   #595
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
Careful, that's a bad opinion to have in these parts! I've been saying the same thing for almost two years and have gotten some incredibly rude comments for feeling that way.
No, you've gotten rude comments for your dismissive attitude without actual seat time, or team time or frankly any ACTUAL information from the track regarding the car. Sorry, but most of us dismiss you as the uninformed blowhard and would rather, I don't know, hear it from an actual participant's mouth.
Old 20 Oct 2018, 22:04 (Ref:3858006)   #596
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:

-mike
Would you say they need more power or less downforce, or a mix of both? They seemed to put on a decent show from outside the car but other than Kenton Koch I haven't heard any drivers comment on the cars other than what you'd hope the team would want to hear about how prepared and tuned it was? I'll say I MUCH prefer the engine note over the old Lites Mazdas at 8 am though
Old 20 Oct 2018, 23:21 (Ref:3858017)   #597
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
No, you've gotten rude comments for your dismissive attitude without actual seat time, or team time or frankly any ACTUAL information from the track regarding the car. Sorry, but most of us dismiss you as the uninformed blowhard and would rather, I don't know, hear it from an actual participant's mouth.
And you think that justifies rude reactions to a contrary opinion? It most certainly does not. It's one thing to be less willing to put stock in an opinion for such reasons, it's a completely different matter to be rude because you disagree with something.

With that said, I was never dismissive of anything on this particular matter, and in this particular matter seat time is far from the most important aspect of it when it comes to analyzing the point. While it does give a closer viewpoint, you don't have to have driven the cars to be able to see a potential problem with the cost relative to performance, particularly when each race gave a direct performance comparison to a car that is less than half the cost.

Just because there's no direct experience doesn't mean someone can't be making a valid point based on the available information. That's what I did, and people dismissed me as being an "uninformed blowhard" as you put it instead of actually considering that information and debating the matter.

It was never about whether or not I was properly informed. The people who were rude simply didn't want to hear a contrary opinion, no matter what information it was based on. You can disagree with someone without being rude, or ignoring the basis for their opinion.

And yes, I'm sure some will say this is the pot calling the kettle black, but the fact of the matter is I never get rude at someone SOLELY for having a differing opinion. Snarky/jokey at times, sure, but never outright rude. That's reserved for cases where people are being rude themselves, or my points have been consistently and flagrantly ignored.

Last edited by FormulaFox; 20 Oct 2018 at 23:32.
Old 20 Oct 2018, 23:56 (Ref:3858021)   #598
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Should have been a good comparison for the team if conditions were similar to Saturday. As Pipo said, he can't make a comparison on the car or tires because there is no cross reference. But I'm sure Nasr and Curren (if also present) could have given some feedback on the cars difference between the tires.
Any clue about marked times with michelin?

BTW what's 2019 entries so far?

x1 WTR cadillac
x2 AXR cadillac
x1-2 JDC cadillac
x1 juncos cadillac
x2 penske acura
x2 joest mazda

x1 dragonspeed oreca? only daytona - full season ?
Old 21 Oct 2018, 00:40 (Ref:3858030)   #599
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
BTW what's 2019 entries so far?

x1 WTR cadillac
x2 AXR cadillac
x1-2 JDC cadillac
x1 juncos cadillac
x2 penske acura
x2 joest mazda

x1 dragonspeed oreca? only daytona - full season ?

That's how I understand things - Dragonspeed's a BIG maybe, but sofar as I know everything else is correct. I'm thinking we'll see a one-car ESM Ligier if we don't hear good news about DPi funding by the end of November, but I don't dare predict anything with where they'll end up. If they can't put together funds for a DPi program, LMP2 is the logical place, though - they have the cars and can turn them back to LMP2 Ligiers easily enough, and there will be no worries about the manufacturer fee.
Old 21 Oct 2018, 01:29 (Ref:3858039)   #600
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
And you think that justifies rude reactions to a contrary opinion? It most certainly does not. It's one thing to be less willing to put stock in an opinion for such reasons, it's a completely different matter to be rude because you disagree with something.

With that said, I was never dismissive of anything on this particular matter, and in this particular matter seat time is far from the most important aspect of it when it comes to analyzing the point. While it does give a closer viewpoint, you don't have to have driven the cars to be able to see a potential problem with the cost relative to performance, particularly when each race gave a direct performance comparison to a car that is less than half the cost.

Just because there's no direct experience doesn't mean someone can't be making a valid point based on the available information. That's what I did, and people dismissed me as being an "uninformed blowhard" as you put it instead of actually considering that information and debating the matter.

It was never about whether or not I was properly informed. The people who were rude simply didn't want to hear a contrary opinion, no matter what information it was based on. You can disagree with someone without being rude, or ignoring the basis for their opinion.

And yes, I'm sure some will say this is the pot calling the kettle black, but the fact of the matter is I never get rude at someone SOLELY for having a differing opinion. Snarky/jokey at times, sure, but never outright rude. That's reserved for cases where people are being rude themselves, or my points have been consistently and flagrantly ignored.
Actually your opinion was accepted by most here until YOU began to dismiss everyone else and argue you were informed and a team insider. Then when you were called on your bs you began attacking everyone else and rudely dismissing their questions of you regarding how you could be so assured of your claims. After that the dismissive response became the norm as it's often not worth discussing things with someone who on multiple sites makes claims without any evidence, makes statements that are blatantly incorrect reading of the previous poster and frankly were often personal attacks. No one started out with anything even close to rudeness until it warms brought forth by you. There are many people I don't agree with and we have discussions and actually trade questions. There's never the outright I'm right, you're wrong exchanges as became the norm with a few users, yourself included. But I will return to the ignore function as obviously discussion is just not worth the effort, this is supposed to be fun and entertainment not painful.