Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 31 Jan 2013, 15:52 (Ref:3196626)   #1
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Pikes Peak 2013

Looks like a new entrant this year could capture the overall best time

602bhp Mercedes SLK hill climb car

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/28...climb_car.html
Old 1 Feb 2013, 03:45 (Ref:3196886)   #2
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
That's not a Mercedes, it's a Carlsson!!!

Still, I'd prefer no tarmac at the Pikes Peak.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 09:42 (Ref:3196998)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Still, I'd prefer no tarmac at the Pikes Peak.
Paving it all the way to the top has irreversibly changed the event hasn't it? It's still a challenge but I think paving it takes away some of the 'wow' factor for me.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 16:17 (Ref:3197456)   #4
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Paving it all the way to the top has irreversibly changed the event hasn't it? It's still a challenge but I think paving it takes away some of the 'wow' factor for me.
It does take away some of the 'wow' factor, but to me I'm really excited now for all the new potential cars we could see at the climb in the future. A lot more crazy/exotic/fast cars, especially legit race cars.
Old 4 Feb 2013, 07:40 (Ref:3198954)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think they do have to be careful though, there must be proper recognition of the records that were recorded with full dirt and part dirt.

And I also think there should be limts to the types of cars used, the days when you get single seaters and prototypes going up thee is not a day to look forward to, there were a few nasty accidents last year, and I cant remember PP ever being a place where there were nasty accidents, despite the risks.

Higher speed and more grip brings with it more and more hazards
Old 7 Feb 2013, 20:23 (Ref:3200868)   #6
MatsNorway
Rookie

MatsNorway should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That Merc is sick looking. And i am very exited to see what kind of race cars that shows up. I hope to see some time attack cars and those German hillclimb cars go.

I am worried that we will see some rule chances for certain classes if accidents comes too often. But i hope it becomes the big profile isle of man in usa type of event.

Also i am slightly pusled that Millen dropped to run hes 4WD prototype looking car. and instead made a new 2WD car.

I don`t want him bad but it would be funny if he gets beaten once again by a privateer or two.

I like the palatov. Cool project, i also was a huge fant of the overpowered dallenbach car. Sad to see him not race this year in that car. i hope to see him back if he is able to build a new one.

Last edited by MatsNorway; 7 Feb 2013 at 20:30.
Old 14 Mar 2013, 02:33 (Ref:3218162)   #7
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love this car. I could see that has 610 hp and 780 Kg.
The 2012 Hyundai Genesis winner had 700 HP, but I do not know which was the weight of this. How are the rules about weight and power?
Also this Mercedes is much more developed in the aerodynamics that Hyundai last year. How are the rules about aerodynamics too?
Which was the power and the weight of the Porsche 911 GT3 RS of Romain Dumas? I thank anyone who can answer these questions.
Old 14 Mar 2013, 23:36 (Ref:3218615)   #8
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah, it has taken something from it: though its still a hell of an event!

None of the front running Unlimited class cars had a decent run last year: be interesting to see how much the overall time falls this year if any of them have a solid run.
Old 15 Mar 2013, 10:26 (Ref:3218795)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Yeah, it has taken something from it: though its still a hell of an event!

None of the front running Unlimited class cars had a decent run last year: be interesting to see how much the overall time falls this year if any of them have a solid run.
Yes it's still a challenging event but the cars can now be pure tarmac monsters - gone is the challenge of the loose / mixed surface. That fundamentally changes the nature of the cars that can/will be used - away from the type of cars I like Think Peugeot 205 T16, 405 T16, Audi Quattro, RS200, Suzuki Escudo, Suzuki SX4 (I think was Monster Tajimas later car?), Toyota Celica, the MSE Fiestas. In the future it'll be things that either resemble Radicals or single seaters surely? They'll be quicker but look worse (both sitting still and on the move). So it's still a challenge but it's a very different beast now.
Old 15 Mar 2013, 12:37 (Ref:3218837)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another issue is safety! I would have though in the claim capital of the world and the country largely responsible through lawyers for the world obsession with health and safety, that a tarmac based track with huge drops would be not as safe

It clearly isnt as safe in places, and there never seemed to be too many crashes in the dirt days

The two biggest I have seen, that Lancer last year and Dallenbach were on tarmac sections

I ahve to say Dallenbachs crash scared me, it looked mechanical, but my word he was moving, I would not be keen on driving again after that.
Old 27 Mar 2013, 12:40 (Ref:3225536)   #11
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yes it's still a challenging event but the cars can now be pure tarmac monsters - gone is the challenge of the loose / mixed surface. That fundamentally changes the nature of the cars that can/will be used - away from the type of cars I like Think Peugeot 205 T16, 405 T16, Audi Quattro, RS200, Suzuki Escudo, Suzuki SX4 (I think was Monster Tajimas later car?), Toyota Celica, the MSE Fiestas. In the future it'll be things that either resemble Radicals or single seaters surely? They'll be quicker but look worse (both sitting still and on the move). So it's still a challenge but it's a very different beast now.
Rumours that Peugeot are considering a return.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106409
Old 29 Mar 2013, 19:43 (Ref:3226558)   #12
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Rumours that Peugeot are considering a return.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106409
Not a rumor anymore.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...=awDailyRacing
Old 29 Mar 2013, 20:18 (Ref:3226574)   #13
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
This will be a tubeframe car like the Dacia?
Old 2 Apr 2013, 18:52 (Ref:3228166)   #14
MatsNorway
Rookie

MatsNorway should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like a 206 with Loeb in it. 600hp. Probably just a rewamped rallycross car.
Old 4 Apr 2013, 17:20 (Ref:3229212)   #15
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a 208. And no, the car is not a rallycross car

http://www.wrc.com/news/loeb-at-the-...urn/?fid=18400
Old 15 Apr 2013, 13:22 (Ref:3234651)   #16
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Holy. ****.

...Loebs new ride is revealed: wasn't expecting it to look quite this good!

Full story and a video over on the Red Bull website:

http://www.redbull.com/uk/en/motorsp...the-clouds-car
Old 15 Apr 2013, 14:53 (Ref:3234695)   #17
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Mental I like it!
Old 15 Apr 2013, 16:34 (Ref:3234738)   #18
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Holy. ****.

...Loebs new ride is revealed: wasn't expecting it to look quite this good!

Full story and a video over on the Red Bull website:

http://www.redbull.com/uk/en/motorsp...the-clouds-car

Now that's a bit of a beast. Hopefully it will go as well as it looks.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 18:20 (Ref:3238980)   #19
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Peugeot has confirmed technical details of the 208 T16 Pikes Peak - a car tested for the first time by Sebastien Loeb last week. The French firm describes the car as "practically an out-and-out endurance racing prototype."

The 3.2-litre, twin-turbo V6 engine develops 875bhp to help power a car weighing 875 kilogrammes.

Peugeot Sport engineer Jean-Christophe Pallier said: "Your imagination is the only limit when you set out to design a car for Pikes Peak.
"We've shaved the car down to 875 kilogrammes and as a result we've achieved the magic and symbolic power to weight ratio of 1:1, one bhp for every one kg of weight."

The six-speed transmission, carbon brakes, air intake and aero - including the two-metre wide rear wing - are all from the 908.

They will help the 208 go from 0-62mph in 1.8 seconds and from zero to a top speed of 150mph in just seven seconds.

"The speeds reached in the ascension range from 50km/h to 240km/h and aerodynamics play a key role from 100km/h."

The Pikes Peak Hill Climb takes place in Colorado on June 30.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107020
Old 24 Apr 2013, 20:21 (Ref:3239019)   #20
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Does it say anywhere if its awd?
Old 24 Apr 2013, 20:31 (Ref:3239027)   #21
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is. 'Even the Michelin tyres are bespoke to give the 4WD beast invaluable grip.'

http://www.redbull.com/en/motorsport...hes-its-weight
Old 25 Apr 2013, 00:42 (Ref:3239095)   #22
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simon Pagenaud drive a Honda in Pikes Peak
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-17627.html
Old 25 Apr 2013, 14:12 (Ref:3239288)   #23
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Peugeot 208 on track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=l6R3-QAPvKY
Old 29 Apr 2013, 16:12 (Ref:3240619)   #24
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
This year's Pikes Peak should be epic; along with Loeb's ride, JP Dayrout is back again as well. Basically the same car as last year, but with more power, and a Mini body instead. Rhys Millen is back again this year too, but with unique/new ride designed for the unlimited class. Monster is back again too with his electric ride, which conked out last year only a few minutes after the start line.
Old 29 Apr 2013, 17:13 (Ref:3240643)   #25
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
Which track is this?

From the Autosport article I understand it's close to Pau:
Quote:
The 208 T16 Pikes Peak is running again this week, with endurance racer Greg Guilvert taking the wheel at a venue close to Pau.
BTW I still prefer the 405 T16.