Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Mar 2008, 00:45 (Ref:2157729)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Interlagos signs deal for race until 2015

The Interlagos track has signed a deal for the race to be there until 2015.The deal also includes a revamp of the facilities.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns20166.html
Old 21 Mar 2008, 00:49 (Ref:2157730)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excellent news, Interlagos has always been one of my favourite tracks and fingers crossed once the new facilites are improved it will attract more big series to the circuit rather than just F1.
Old 21 Mar 2008, 09:37 (Ref:2157941)   #3
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What time is Brazil shown in the UK/Euro? I'm guessing it would be pretty good for you guys because for us in Australia it's around 4am Monday morning on the east coast & 2am on the west coast.
Old 21 Mar 2008, 10:08 (Ref:2157976)   #4
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
What time is Brazil shown in the UK/Euro? I'm guessing it would be pretty good for you guys because for us in Australia it's around 4am Monday morning on the east coast & 2am on the west coast.
Its about 6pm, dinner time.

Because of that it usually has one of the biggest audience figures, along with the Canadian GP.
Old 21 Mar 2008, 15:13 (Ref:2158228)   #5
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
The downside being that we don't get live qualifying because it gets in the way of ITV's poor-quality, Ant-and-Dec-filled Saturday primetime programming.

I like Interlagos, it usually manages to turn out a decent race, and shifting it to the end of the season seems to have worked rather well from a commercial perspective, which I'm sure Bernie is delighted with.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 21 Mar 2008, 16:38 (Ref:2158289)   #6
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One of the circuits with an interesting range of gradients.

I think Brazil, with its carnivalesque atmosphere is appropriate for the last race.

Oh, and I also like that ticker tape-style stuff that they release on the podium. Reminds me of when there was first a winner on 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?', except it's usually 'Who's Just Won the F1 World Championship?'.
Old 21 Mar 2008, 16:43 (Ref:2158294)   #7
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl
The downside being that we don't get live qualifying because it gets in the way of ITV's poor-quality, Ant-and-Dec-filled Saturday primetime programming.
Only for one more year

I'm glad it's been retained, I love the circuit. You have to wonder how the facilities compare to Silverstone though...
Old 21 Mar 2008, 16:47 (Ref:2158300)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Each circuit offers a package to F1. It isn't just a case of the 17 circuits with the best facilities get the GP. I'm sure the facilities at Silverstone are better than at Interlagos. However Interlagos has being the only race in South America as part of its package.

I'm glad too.
Old 21 Mar 2008, 17:00 (Ref:2158309)   #9
rallycrosscraig
Racer

rallycrosscraig has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
glad to hear it
I was there for last years GP.
its an amazing atmosphere out there, nothing like going to a Euro gp.... if you can arrange tickets and flights I'd recommend it
Old 21 Mar 2008, 17:39 (Ref:2158330)   #10
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It isn't just a case of the 17 circuits with the best facilities get the GP. I'm sure the facilities at Silverstone are better than at Interlagos. However Interlagos has being the only race in South America as part of its package.
Absolutely Adam. However Bernie Ecclestone's incessant tirades against Silverstone neglect the fact that it is not unique in not having the facilities he'd like. He barely mentions Interlagos when discussing such things. He is undoubtedly a shrewd businessman, but he has a way with words that exposes some of his comments as somewhat non-sensical.
Old 21 Mar 2008, 18:11 (Ref:2158348)   #11
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad to hear that, Brazil has a lot of history with F1 and Interlagos is a great track.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 21 Mar 2008, 21:05 (Ref:2158498)   #12
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstallard
Only for one more year
Assuming, of course, that the Beeb can bear to postpone the dancing celebrities/West End wannabes long enough to show live qualifying...
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 21 Mar 2008, 21:07 (Ref:2158502)   #13
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Couldn't the have one on BBC 1 and the other on 2 - or possibly use BBC3 or 4.
Old 21 Mar 2008, 21:40 (Ref:2158528)   #14
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And if all else fails, it'll be on BBCi.
Old 21 Mar 2008, 23:22 (Ref:2158618)   #15
orrmate
Rookie

United Nations
Leeds, Yorkshire, England
orrmate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo
Its about 6pm, dinner time.

Because of that it usually has one of the biggest audience figures, along with the Canadian GP.
Which makes you wonder why Bernie isn't considering European night races.
Old 22 Mar 2008, 00:27 (Ref:2158642)   #16
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Don't give him any more ideas please!
Old 23 Mar 2008, 21:37 (Ref:2159874)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl
Assuming, of course, that the Beeb can bear to postpone the dancing celebrities/West End wannabes long enough to show live qualifying...
"Press the red button for live F1" I think will be a key phrase for these situations.

Make sure you press it quickly too, to prevent over exposure to Graham Norton.

Great news that Interlagos is retained for so long. A proper track, although I say this having not driven it and therefore my thoughts on it have to be taken with a pinch of salt.
Old 23 Mar 2008, 21:39 (Ref:2159878)   #18
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good choice as Interlagos is an excellent track and the supporters make for a wonderful atmosphere during qualifying and / or race, particularly when one of the local lads is doing well.
Old 23 Mar 2008, 21:39 (Ref:2159879)   #19
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
I wonder if the teams are hiring lots of security staff in preparation for many more trips to Interlagos...

And any exposure to Graham Norton is overexposure...
Old 24 Mar 2008, 00:05 (Ref:2159979)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good news indeed ! Looks like the local gangs will profit more and more with the next GPs... I still remember a green laptop from Jaguar team's being sold here, it reached offers of thousands bucks in a few minutes and in the end they just found out that it has felt behind some containers... Oh and there was that case of stolen tyres that in the end some team has forgotten in the Malaysian airport...

Anyway, the facilities will still be awful despite being revamped and the new additions... that is actually the circuit's landmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born racer
I think Brazil, with its carnivalesque atmosphere is appropriate for the last race.
But don't expect carnival by the end of October into November, Christmas the next big celebration is the most likely atmosphere...
The weather at this time of the year is crazy and in Sao Paulo, one of the largest cities of the world, ugly as only it can be, it only gets worse.
Until 2015 ??

Now it seems that 2014, will be an interesting year for Sao Paulo and the rest of the natives, World Cup and then a Grand Prix, possibly still the decider of the season... would they all survive ?

If I have survived until there, I would like to see the outcome...

Last edited by Bononi; 24 Mar 2008 at 00:11.
Old 24 Mar 2008, 00:07 (Ref:2159980)   #21
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I am delighted that Interlagos has been retained, as the track produces very exciting races and the enthusiasm of the crowd makes it very special. I have critical of this circuit in the past, I was completely wrong....

What series does Graham Norton race in?
Old 24 Mar 2008, 00:13 (Ref:2159983)   #22
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith

What series does Graham Norton race in?
A very alternative one.
Old 24 Mar 2008, 00:22 (Ref:2159989)   #23
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
A very alternative one.
Right carry on!... .