Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What Constitutes a Wet Race?
Full Wets are fitted to one or more cars during race 1 10.00%
Inters are fitted to one or more cars during race 5 50.00%
Full Wets are Fitted to one or more cars in quali and or race 0 0%
Inters are Fitted to one or more cars in quali and or race 0 0%
Charlie Declares it a wet race. 4 40.00%
BBC Results say wet or rain 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 Mar 2013, 12:44 (Ref:3222712)   #26
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w View Post
Right, Fixed!
And we have some good news.

There are some new features to give you extra chances to score points.

You'll notice there are two new tickboxes and a dropdown on the entry form.

Basically, If you think it's going to be a rain affected race, put a tick in the tick box. If you think there will be a Safety car out during the race, put a tick in the box. If you think it's going to be a dry race with no safety cars, leave them both blank. Get it right, you'll get 5 points each. The default is unticked, meaning you predict a dry race with no safety cars.

And you'll also have to have a stab at the number of DNFs For instance, if you'd picked '4' in Australia, you'd get another 5 points. It'll default to 0, meaning you'll be hoping everybody finishes the race
Cheers B1ackcr0w , great new features . As for the rain I presume any car fitting wet tyres will qualify it as a wet race ?
Old 22 Mar 2013, 12:57 (Ref:3222723)   #27
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
Cheers B1ackcr0w , great new features . As for the rain I presume any car fitting wet tyres will qualify it as a wet race ?
Erm!

I was thinking Inters?
Old 22 Mar 2013, 13:04 (Ref:3222731)   #28
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would use the official declaration - if Charlie says it's wet, then it's wet. Otherwise it's not.
Old 22 Mar 2013, 13:05 (Ref:3222732)   #29
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I would use the official declaration - if Charlie says it's wet, then it's wet. Otherwise it's not.
Someone sneezes on the track and Charlie will call it a wet race
Old 22 Mar 2013, 13:16 (Ref:3222745)   #30
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
This is tricky. So it's up for a vote.
Old 22 Mar 2013, 13:23 (Ref:3222747)   #31
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
This is tricky. So it's up for a vote.
Sorry to throw a spanner in ! Probably any car on track using either inters or full wets ? I only asked because I did not think a small short shower with all cars still on slicks would not really qualify as a wet race .
Old 22 Mar 2013, 13:29 (Ref:3222748)   #32
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
despite making fun of him, I'm going to go with Whiting's declaration as it is the official ruling
Old 22 Mar 2013, 13:35 (Ref:3222752)   #33
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To further complicate things, the option title in the competition is "Rain" rather than "Wet Race".

As has been pointed out by others, it can rain but not be declared a Wet Race...

I know, it's a bit pedantic, but we people of small brains need the clarity
Old 22 Mar 2013, 13:56 (Ref:3222765)   #34
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

If I missed the coverage, how would I know what Charlie had officially decided?
Old 22 Mar 2013, 14:00 (Ref:3222768)   #35
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just submitted my prediction. It would be different for Malaysia.
Old 22 Mar 2013, 15:00 (Ref:3222806)   #36
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

I know Pete, I cringed when I spotted it.
Old 24 Mar 2013, 20:06 (Ref:3223948)   #37
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

Malasia Result.pdf

Here's your Malaysia scores. Fair Play Two Sheds, 4 correct places really bumped the multiplyer up.
Old 24 Mar 2013, 20:08 (Ref:3223951)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is there a true result and a moral result?
Old 24 Mar 2013, 20:14 (Ref:3223961)   #39
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

Indeed there is. I do much better with the moral result. However, I'm going to follow team orders of my employers to my detriment.

And be a moody git for three weeks.
Old 24 Mar 2013, 20:19 (Ref:3223967)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bloody employers eh? Who'd 'ave 'em?
Old 24 Mar 2013, 21:05 (Ref:3224005)   #41
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
Well done Two Sheds , Cheers B1ackcr0w . Don`t know if i missed this but just checked my results on the prediction`s site and found that if i hover over the Malaysia result a small page appears giving a breakdown of how i scored . I was impressed !! Must be one of the new features , simple things and all that .
Old 24 Mar 2013, 21:28 (Ref:3224020)   #42
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

Good isn't it!
Old 25 Mar 2013, 05:32 (Ref:3224169)   #43
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Right, Fixed!
And we have some good news.

There are some new features to give you extra chances to score points.

You'll notice there are two new tickboxes and a dropdown on the entry form.

Basically, If you think it's going to be a rain affected race, put a tick in the tick box. If you think there will be a Safety car out during the race, put a tick in the box. If you think it's going to be a dry race with no safety cars, leave them both blank. Get it right, you'll get 5 points each. The default is unticked, meaning you predict a dry race with no safety cars.

And you'll also have to have a stab at the number of DNFs For instance, if you'd picked '4' in Australia, you'd get another 5 points. It'll default to 0, meaning you'll be hoping everybody finishes the race
It hardly makes a difference to me and my normal pathetic scoring but how can you change the rules for the comp after some of us have already picked?

Everyone knows it rains in Malaysia, I would hazard a guess it has every year since the race was moved to 4pm local start and if you look at the results only one person who made a prediction after this rule change said ther would not be either a safety or rain
Old 25 Mar 2013, 09:34 (Ref:3224244)   #44
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notso Swift View Post
It hardly makes a difference to me and my normal pathetic scoring but how can you change the rules for the comp after some of us have already picked?

Everyone knows it rains in Malaysia, I would hazard a guess it has every year since the race was moved to 4pm local start and if you look at the results only one person who made a prediction after this rule change said ther would not be either a safety or rain
I thought I would get some flak here, and frankly it's justified. The backstory is quite simply that they guy I'm working with on the code that runs the game engine had planned on getting the code in place for the start of the season. Real life intruded somewhat and we missed the target by three weeks.

Truth be told, when the code was ready, there were bits that I'd been anticipating for months, so I got a bit of a headrush and fluffed the installation up completely.

I accept your points without caveat. Sorry about that.
Old 25 Mar 2013, 12:03 (Ref:3224350)   #45
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Somehow I managed mid-table respectability on my first go. Cheers b1ackcr0w for running it
Old 25 Mar 2013, 12:27 (Ref:3224362)   #46
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have to try this once more... must remember in time !
Old 13 Apr 2013, 08:46 (Ref:3233331)   #47
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

Hi b1ackcr0w , Good news, at 2013-04-13 06:58:35 our sever successfully stored your predictions for China . They were recorded as:

Pole - Lewis Hamilton

Last minute change of heart
Old 14 Apr 2013, 08:53 (Ref:3233799)   #48
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

Results are up. Please note that they are going to be provisional for a good few hours because of how many DRS under yellow investigations are going on.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 02:27 (Ref:3234331)   #49
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Vettel had of got by I would have the podium in order, fastest and Pole... if only - I may have cracked to top 10
Old 15 Apr 2013, 09:59 (Ref:3234486)   #50
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If I had entered this round I might have won!