Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Sep 2013, 14:11 (Ref:3298870)   #26
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
First pole in Stock Cars and a flat tyre at the end of the race... very good Rubens.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 15:39 (Ref:3298923)   #27
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry guys, but surely STR:

- Jean-Eric Vergne
- Antonio Felix da Costa

The most characters used in a 2 driver line-up ever in F1?
Old 4 Sep 2013, 16:05 (Ref:3298933)   #28
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
you'd better hope konstantin tereschenko never gets into f1 then
Old 4 Sep 2013, 16:09 (Ref:3298936)   #29
miniman
Rookie

miniman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace007 View Post
I thought this site was about exchanging ideas but apparently not... Not sure where the self-promotion idea comes from but I prefer to stand for what I believe in and discuss drivers' ability and potential rather than getting personal. And if you ask me, yes I do believe Bird deserves more acknowledgement in this site than he has had in the past. That is not called self-promotion but a personal opinion. In the same way, others believe Frinjs has done enough to make the F1 grid and I personally dont. As simple as that.
agree about exchange of ideas and standing for what you believe in.
And for the record, Sam would NEVER indulge in this sort of self promotion. just not his style.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 19:10 (Ref:3299022)   #30
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Bit of a dangerous seat in terms of career progression really.Apart from Vettel nobody else has gone on to star.If there was any chance of it leading to a better future wouldn't Sutil or Hulkenbug be taking a look?They weren't apparently in the frame but might well have done better than a relative novice looking to climb up the ladder after a spell of Red Bull backing.Is the purpose of Toro Rosso to function as a training school or to achieve the best possible result in the constructor's championship?
Old 4 Sep 2013, 23:26 (Ref:3299148)   #31
Redzone
Racer

Australia
Queensland, Australia
Redzone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Can't help but feel bad about Frijns not being in the Sauber this year. He would have performed much better than Gootoerase IMO. Sad that the bank balance wasn't up to speed as much as his ability behind the wheel.

Sainz Jr is apparently a better steering wheel attendant than Da Costa. And has a better bank balance too apparently. Having a famous Father and his name, might help his butt fit the seat better.
Plus it's pretty hard to barrel roll an F1 car lol
Old 5 Sep 2013, 00:24 (Ref:3299163)   #32
123pnz
Rookie

123pnz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Da Costa => Toro Rosso
Sainz => World Series by Renault
Kvyat => World Series by Renault/GP3 or GP2 with Russian Time
Blomqvist => FIA F3/GP3 or Fired
Beitske Visser => FIA F3/GP3
Callan O'Keeffe => Fired

Maybe Lucas Auer join to Red Bull Junior Team in 2014. GP3? F3? WSR?
Old 5 Sep 2013, 04:43 (Ref:3299208)   #33
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pnz View Post
Da Costa => Toro Rosso
Sainz => World Series by Renault
Kvyat => World Series by Renault/GP3 or GP2 with Russian Time
Blomqvist => FIA F3/GP3 or Fired
Beitske Visser => FIA F3/GP3
Callan O'Keeffe => Fired

Maybe Lucas Auer join to Red Bull Junior Team in 2014. GP3? F3? WSR?
Sainz and Kvyat haven't been as good as they should have been in GP3 this year. Their much less experienced team mate has won two races, Sainz is yet to have a win, Kyvat just the one. And this in the champion team where Mitch had the speed to dominate last year (though points show he didn't).

But anyway with RB behind them both will probably move to 3.5 next year. They probably should have done that in for 2013 anyway.They both dominated 2.0 NEC in 2011, beating Vandoorne.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 05:59 (Ref:3299226)   #34
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
If I were Toro Roso I would scrap DaCosta, Sainz, Nasr and sign the Hulk. I've got a feeling the Hulk would take the drive and it would do TR a lot of good to sign him. Better than sitting on the sidelines. Renault engines/gearbox and with the talented Key as their designer, they could pull a surprise.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 06:51 (Ref:3299237)   #35
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the subject of Frijns, he has been booted from Sauber. Some Russian teen is apparently taking his spot from Monza onwards.

Wonder why Sauber didn't give Sam Bird a call??
Old 5 Sep 2013, 08:25 (Ref:3299273)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
On the subject of Frijns, he has been booted from Sauber. Some Russian teen is apparently taking his spot from Monza onwards.

Wonder why Sauber didn't give Sam Bird a call??
Is Sam Bird Russian?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 5 Sep 2013, 08:30 (Ref:3299275)   #37
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Is Sam Bird Russian?
Surely he's Russian at this Time.....
Old 5 Sep 2013, 17:13 (Ref:3299563)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep.

Сэм Берд
Old 5 Sep 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3299605)   #39
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yep.

Сэм Берд
I thought he was English.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 19:13 (Ref:3299612)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No. Definitely Russian now.

Apparently.

Maybe.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 19:15 (Ref:3299614)   #41
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I thought he was English.
Surely you would've understood those Russian Time puns...

...btw, they were awful.

Don't know WHY people are saying it could be Sainz Jr or Kvyat. Both have been disappointing this season, and both are far too under prepared. Sainz is the one I'd put my money on, but for 2015/16, rather than 2014.

Meanwhile, da Costa vs Nasr it is, with the odds being about 2-1 to da Costa, and 1000 -1 to Nasr.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 20:09 (Ref:3299636)   #42
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ah, "disappointing". the polite way to say "i don't like them" that every motorsport fan hides behind
Old 5 Sep 2013, 22:25 (Ref:3299690)   #43
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nasr's not a RB baby is he? Nor is Sam.

If RB promoted Dan to the main team just because of loyalty to their programme, instead of a past world champion, then they're not going to then disregard that for TR and hire a non RB driver. That defeats their entire purpose for the TR team. Although if they went with the most logical choice then you would put Hulkenberg in TR (or the RB!).

So it has to be Costa. But if Costa doesn't work out, or Verge gets owned by him, then who for 2015? There's every chance that Sainz and Kyvat will fumble around in Gp2 or WSR next year and won't be title contenders at all because they're it's the rookie season in those series. Similar to their GP3 campaigns.

I wonder if RB should make Frijns a RB baby which will allow them to promote him. He'll be desperate by now.

Also this is the first time in Gp2 history (short as it is) that the top 2 in points didn't graduate to F1.
Old 6 Sep 2013, 03:07 (Ref:3299754)   #44
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It should be Robin Frijns but doubt it
Old 6 Sep 2013, 08:19 (Ref:3299806)   #45
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Carlos Sainz Jr to STR?

Mr Alonso would like to think so... would Repsol oil sponsorship fit on the STR?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 6 Sep 2013, 09:45 (Ref:3299838)   #46
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
would Repsol oil sponsorship fit on the STR?
Nope, that space is already taken up by Spanish oil giant CEPSA.
Repsol on the other hand, is Spanish-Argentine.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 13:39 (Ref:3300182)   #47
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Surely you would've understood those Russian Time puns...

...btw, they were awful.
No they went right over my head, then again I had a hangover from hell.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 16:03 (Ref:3300208)   #48
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Repsol on the other hand, is Spanish-Argentine.
Since YPF is back on the hands of Argentinian Government (in 51%), Repsol is mainly Spanish.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 04:14 (Ref:3300797)   #49
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Gp3

Looks like I spoke too soon about Kyvat... another weekend like Monza and he'll be GP3 champ. That came out of nowhere. I feel sorry for Ellinas though, his season has turned to rubbish like Coletti.

I'm rooting for Regalia, Kyvat will move up the ladder either way with RB's funding so Regalia needs the title more.

Sainz is getting owned by Kyvat lately as well.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 15:33 (Ref:3301033)   #50
James C.
Rookie

France
Paris, France
James C. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Besides, Sainz Jr is sponsored by Cepsa in his GP3 campaign.