Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 4 Nov 2013, 11:38 (Ref:3326967)   #1
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Why Webber will win in the last races..

Firstly Seb has won the title, but that won't mean he'll do everything to try and win the remaining races, but when you win a title it's done, your not 100% as focused when you are contending for it, Sebastien is like a Team that wins the Minor Premiership your not FULL ON for the remaining matches because you got a guaranteed game in the Finals, Sebs done that so you'll probably see his times drop in the laps and races ahead, so If Webber wants to win the last races (I'm thinking Brazil) he's got to be on his best form, his team, and strategy and all, so it'll be much easier to win a race from now to the end. I mean hello...you only have 2 race weekends to give in Formula 1 why not throw everything at it?

secondly He's gonna win because I think he'll want to get another pole to beat Brabham, and Hoping he gets at least a decent start (unless he has KERS problems or clutch) he'll be given victory with a good pit strategy, he's bad luck has to run out sometime, and also I'd like to see him do a burnout, preferably a rolling burnout, how we Aussies like to do it...I don't really like the guy that much but he deserves something for his contribution to the sport and team.

Multi 21, Team Redbull!
Old 4 Nov 2013, 12:20 (Ref:3326979)   #2
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
I mean hello...you only have 2 race weekends to give in Formula 1 why not throw everything at it?
He's not trying now?

And I see no reason his teammate is going to let up as he has the opportunity to continue to dominate and pound away at the record books. Maybe if the had a better relationship Webber might get a gift, but I think any win will have to be won and given recent history it will be a steep hill to climb.

Richard
Old 4 Nov 2013, 12:20 (Ref:3326980)   #3
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can only see it happen in Vettel lets him through a la Brazil 2011. But I doubt that will happen
Old 4 Nov 2013, 12:30 (Ref:3326985)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why Webber will win in the last races..

I expect Vettel to cruise them both - why wouldn't he when it's just so easy for him right now? I will smell a rat if he has a teensy problem in the last race and finishes a second or two behind Webber..... If Webber is going to win one, he HAS to do it 100% on merit.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 12:50 (Ref:3326994)   #5
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Best not get your hopes up too high, FAS
Old 4 Nov 2013, 13:12 (Ref:3326999)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Yer, I noticed how Vettel took it easy on Sunday !
Old 4 Nov 2013, 13:21 (Ref:3327002)   #7
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I'm sure that Mark would only want to take a GP Win if he felt that he'd earned it, being gifted a win would be insulting to him I think.
Anyway [Conspitacy Theory Alert], I don't think Red Bull want him to win, not only have they buggered up his starting strategy but they've obviously put something in the software to stop him doing full doughnuts as well!
Old 4 Nov 2013, 14:07 (Ref:3327020)   #8
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agree with VIVA GT, Webber won't accept a win if it's gifted by Vettel.
But I don't think Vettel would do that anyway, he is too busy breaking records
Old 4 Nov 2013, 14:15 (Ref:3327025)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why ? Honestly, I don't get it. Seb is at full power now, I'm not sure a driver just switch off his mind over his job even he already achieve his prime goal, he's a racer after all and the more he wins the more he wants, and break records and so on.

He's a predator and he wants the lion's share. But... who knows ?
Old 4 Nov 2013, 15:34 (Ref:3327054)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I'm sure that there are examples of drivers, or maybe football teams who, once they have won the respective title take their eye off the ball, maybe it's the relief of getting the job done.

Trouble for Mark in this instance is, Seb has a chance of creating history by winning the final 2 races, so he still has something to aim at.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 15:47 (Ref:3327056)   #11
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
None of us know exactly what Vettel's ultimate goal is, yes he is World Champion, nothing unique about that, so maybe it is Ascari's nine consecutive wins. Maybe he just does not like Webber and does not want him to win, maybe winning is so easy that he just can't help it.
I doubt if Red Bull would do anything without Seb's approval, so I rather suspect that Mark will end up winless in his last season, failing a genuine problem for his team partner (certainly not mate.).

As always just one man's opinion.

bauble,
Old 4 Nov 2013, 16:40 (Ref:3327068)   #12
RF_Racer
Veteran

RF_Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That will not happen, Redbull will not allow webber to win unless vettel has an issue. The 2nd Redbull is inferior to the no 1 Redbull.

Quote:
Firstly Seb has won the title, but that won't mean he'll do everything to try and win the remaining races, but when you win a title it's done, your not 100% as focused when you are contending for it, Sebastien is like a Team that wins the Minor Premiership your not FULL ON for the remaining matches because you got a guaranteed game in the Finals, Sebs done that so you'll probably see his times drop in the laps and races ahead, so If Webber wants to win the last races (I'm thinking Brazil) he's got to be on his best form, his team, and strategy and all, so it'll be much easier to win a race from now to the end. I mean hello...you only have 2 race weekends to give in Formula 1 why not throw everything at it?

secondly He's gonna win because I think he'll want to get another pole to beat Brabham, and Hoping he gets at least a decent start (unless he has KERS problems or clutch) he'll be given victory with a good pit strategy, he's bad luck has to run out sometime, and also I'd like to see him do a burnout, preferably a rolling burnout, how we Aussies like to do it...I don't really like the guy that much but he deserves something for his contribution to the sport and team.

Multi 21, Team Redbull!
Old 4 Nov 2013, 16:48 (Ref:3327071)   #13
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Vettel loves statistics as much as the media says he does, then he'll want to win the final two races of the year to match Schumachers most wins in a season and have most consecutive wins, tied currently at 7 with Ascari and TGF.

So, I guess it all depends on the next race in Texas...
Old 4 Nov 2013, 19:07 (Ref:3327134)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Webber still has the same tyre problems that he had even before Pirelli changed their spec! I hope that he can beat Vettel in the remaining two races, but that seems rather unlikely.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 19:43 (Ref:3327143)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
At the moment, if I'm entirely honest, I don't really very much care.

Now if both RBRs had inexplicable mechanical failures and Grosjean won one, I'd be delighted.......
Old 4 Nov 2013, 19:49 (Ref:3327150)   #16
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
At the moment, if I'm entirely honest, I don't really very much care.

Now if both RBRs had inexplicable mechanical failures and Grosjean won one, I'd be delighted.......
I don't really care either, it's not like Redbull won't Dominate next year too, let's hope they do.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 19:50 (Ref:3327152)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think we would all like Webber to sign off with a win, however the chances of it actually happening are remote. He finally starts to get some good qualifying results again and then bodges the start.

He just can't really hold a candle to Vettel, who shows no real sign of helping him out for obvious reasons.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 20:22 (Ref:3327172)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
I don't really care either, it's not like Redbull won't Dominate next year too, let's hope they do.
Just to mention that 'Let's' is an abbreviation of 'Let us'. I therefore officially disassociate myself from your rash comment......
Old 4 Nov 2013, 21:21 (Ref:3327210)   #19
Dragger
Racer

Dragger has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I just don't see Vettel becoming complacent on race day, ever. He's the type to always go for the jugular... Even in a charity go-kart race with children!

Then there's Webber's notoriously slow starts and KERS/alternator problems in every race.

Favorite Cars: Aston Martin Vantage, Ford GT40, Porsche Cayman, and anything not FWD ;)
Old 4 Nov 2013, 21:22 (Ref:3327213)   #20
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It would be nice for the aussie to cap off his career with a win. But Vettel seems to want to win too much at the moment, look how disappointed he was to miss out on pole.

Vettel and Webber barely seem to speak to each other post-race, it doesn't seem like the sort of friendship where Vettel will gift him a win. Don't think Webber would want it gifted either. But I think that's the only way Webber will win one. Vettel is just too fast at the moment.

On the other hand, the drivers points would be far more useful to Webber than Vettel right now. Two wins would likely put him 3rd in the points. RB should be aiming for this, not pointless Vettel records.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 21:43 (Ref:3327226)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
But who will remember that MW was third in the points in 3-4 years time or more......? Considerably less pointless to RBR than Vettel's records - in which the team need do no more than sit back and bask in the rays.......
Old 6 Nov 2013, 11:30 (Ref:3327949)   #22
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Firstly Seb has won the title, but that won't mean he'll do everything to try and win the remaining races, but when you win a title it's done, your not 100% as focused when you are contending for it,
IMO, you're wrong on this one. In 2011 Vettel has already shown that he will give no quarter to anyone, not even a teammate. He will fight like a lion for as many race wins as is humanely possible, whether the championship title fight is over or not. A GP win is always something very special, whether you have already many of them or none. I think Seb's crazy drive to win all GPs at all costs, even when the fans start booing you, is a signature of an all time great. And that's how pure racing should be. F1 is not a charity. The Multi21 incident was just another proof of that. And besides the championship title, there are a few other things left to prove this year. How about proving that you can win 9 races in a row? That's something remarkable worth fighting for IMO.

Having said that, I also respect Webber. He is also the kind of guy who will try to win the race always, despite the team orders or preferences. He is a pure racer. I doubt he could play Massa's role at Ferrari. However, he is just the kind of driver who, perhaps because of his talent or age, doesn't have enough speed to clash with Seb frequently.

Last edited by JacobP; 6 Nov 2013 at 11:41.
Old 6 Nov 2013, 11:51 (Ref:3327955)   #23
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Webber's big chance was 2010. He came so close to being world champion, and would have deserved it, as he really matched the best that year. But I think Vettel will probably win the last two races. Still, Mark can look to Le Mans for more wins.
Old 6 Nov 2013, 14:46 (Ref:3328025)   #24
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
He just can't really hold a candle to Vettel, who shows no real sign of helping him out for obvious reasons.
and being fair, i think webber would throw his toys EVERYWHERE if he was handed a win by vettel obviously handing it to him. (that made sense in my head, sorry)

it'd kind of sum up his career at red bull though
Old 6 Nov 2013, 14:59 (Ref:3328030)   #25
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
and being fair, i think webber would throw his toys EVERYWHERE if he was handed a win by vettel obviously handing it to him. (that made sense in my head, sorry)

it'd kind of sum up his career at red bull though
I think that if Seb obviously slowed to let Mark by, Mark would probably also slow to stay behind (not wanting the insult of obviously being gifted the win), which would probably lead to the third placed driver winning the race.
This will probably give Grosjean the win his supporters are looking for!