Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What do you rate this year's Brazilian Grand Prix?
10 0 0%
9 3 5.77%
8 6 11.54%
7 15 28.85%
6 10 19.23%
5 5 9.62%
4 4 7.69%
3 5 9.62%
2 0 0%
1 4 7.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Nov 2013, 17:35 (Ref:3336060)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the race: Brazilian Grand Prix, Intelagos, São Paulo

What do you rate this year's Brazilian Grand Prix?
Old 24 Nov 2013, 17:42 (Ref:3336062)   #2
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
7, pretty interesting in the back although usual affair at the front. Would have been awesome to see some wet weather and/or a safety car.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 18:01 (Ref:3336069)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wan kinda hoping the RBR pitstop snafu was the team's attempt to reward its loyal soldier in Mr Webber...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 Nov 2013, 18:07 (Ref:3336073)   #4
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Rain came too late, and when it did, it wasnt hard enough. Race deserved a 2, but it got a 3 because the venue is so awesome. It was as dull as watching paint dry.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 18:09 (Ref:3336074)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Would have liked a little more racing at the sharp end but suppose you can't expect anything other than a red bull whitewash these days so gave it a 4
Old 24 Nov 2013, 18:10 (Ref:3336076)   #6
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
7, a bit better than the last two. Rain would have spiced things up, but it never really came unfortunately.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 18:21 (Ref:3336084)   #7
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I kept on getting distracted and stopped following at one point, whether Ferrari were going to get the Constructor's Championship sort of kept things alive. The track itself is awesome so 3.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 18:23 (Ref:3336086)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Love the track, but the race flattered massively to deceive. Shame Grosjean was out so early and that Webber came in straight after Vettel. I was praying for rain over the last 15 laps.... All in all, same old, same old. 3.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 18:32 (Ref:3336093)   #9
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
4 from me.

Race summed up the season - any decent battles were scuppered one way or another, and the whole thing really didn't live up to expectations.

But, the track's different, and I always appreciate that. Rain was too little, too late, and the botched Red Bull pit stop could have turned this in to a mini classic with Webber/Vettel duking it out in his final race, but alas, Webber had his usual bad luck and was stuck behind said pit stop.

Selby
Old 24 Nov 2013, 19:44 (Ref:3336135)   #10
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll give it a six, because there was some excitement early on with Nico's great start, and there were some good dices down the field and a few people (Webber, Button, etc.) working their way up.

But overall... another snoozer.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 19:50 (Ref:3336138)   #11
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It wasn't up to the standard of last year's race - that had actual rain. Never the less, it was a pretty solid race - sure, I'd have liked Vettel to have been given more of a fight, but there was some solid racing down the field. The Hamilton vs. Massa fight was good - and likewise with watching Hamilton fight back into the points after his penalty. Jenson going three-a-breat into turn 1. Alonso and Webber. Plus, Vettel on Rosberg without DRS.

Would have been nice to see some rain, but it wasn't to be.

My final score for the race - a strong 7.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 20:34 (Ref:3336158)   #12
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
4, and that's generous. We've become inured to dull, predictable races of late and nothing really exciting happened today. Massa's drive-through was an outrage – another three jeers for the accursed 'race officials' - and Lewis's was questionable, at the very least. Mark must be relishing the prospect of returning to real motor racing. Good luck, mate.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 21:13 (Ref:3336167)   #13
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
No really engaging battles to keep it alive for me - never in danger of falling asleep, but did keep the laptop to hand monitoring the live laptimes so could get a fuller picture........Briefly hoped for excitement when Vettel put in a couple of slow laps and Mark closed the gap, but I guess it was just traffic......

Gave it a 5 mainly for the nice things said for Mark.....
Old 24 Nov 2013, 21:23 (Ref:3336173)   #14
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I thought it was a great race, even if the Red Bulls are on another planet performance wise. I love the track.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 21:46 (Ref:3336189)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
No really engaging battles to keep it alive for me - never in danger of falling asleep.....

I fear I did, several times in fact - it was the Hamilton/Bottas incident that woke me up!
Old 24 Nov 2013, 22:23 (Ref:3336208)   #16
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A 5 I reckon. Ruined by absurd decisions by the "stewards" in penalising Massa and Hamilton.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 22:36 (Ref:3336218)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
6, slightly above average.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 23:16 (Ref:3336247)   #18
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Quite enjoyed the race but the circuit helped on that count.. great circuit. The massive advantage of the Red Bulls was so obvious today, Vettel's easy win and Mark's ease of getting past Alonso each time. They have so much aero grip and traction they can run less wing, and Vettell's pass on Rosberg was taking candy from a baby.
However, plenty of interesting stuff behind the Class A cars.

Also, enjoyed the fact it was the last race of these regs and we have something new next year. These last few years have been a bit like the Red Bulls are the only F1 cars in a grid of F1 & F5000 cars (only the older ones will know what I mean, I expect). No doubting they have been brilliant cars and they are a brilliant team, but time for a change methinks. If they do it again with the new regs, then well done them. Lots to look forward to next year though.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 23:50 (Ref:3336260)   #19
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. It was a painful race for me. The Finlanders did horrible.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 23:54 (Ref:3336263)   #20
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Can I just also say...

Really sick of hearing the term 'DRS pass' and hearing about drivers 'not wanting to fight' an overtake.

I did really sit there and start to question what I was watching for a moment, you know?

Selby
Old 24 Nov 2013, 23:59 (Ref:3336266)   #21
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was nice to see a female conduct the post race interview...she did a really good job.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 00:05 (Ref:3336270)   #22
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
It was nice to see a female conduct the post race interview...she did a really good job.
It made a pleasant change from the usual suspects.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 00:16 (Ref:3336277)   #23
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Can I just also say...

Really sick of hearing the term 'DRS pass' and hearing about drivers 'not wanting to fight' an overtake.

I did really sit there and start to question what I was watching for a moment, you know?

Selby
Yep, I mean, who actually really wants to see drivers fighting over a position?! Not me!
Old 25 Nov 2013, 00:35 (Ref:3336288)   #24
Danny27
Rookie

Argentina
Buenos Aires
Danny27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6. Decent race.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 04:14 (Ref:3336339)   #25
Dragger
Racer

Dragger has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hate to admit it, but for the 1st time in 23 years of watching F1 racing, at the mid-race point, I looked online to see who won(didn't watch Live, DVR), seen it was Vettel, and stopped watching the race. Part of me is a bit ashamed, part of me is glad I didn't waste my time.

Looking forward to 2014.

Vettel is without doubt one of the best all around drivers in without doubt THE fastest car by far. It's not even close. After Vettel passed Rosberg and set a bit of a gap after a single corner and several car lengths after just a few corners, 10 second gap within 8-10 laps, I really lost interest.

What makes it so boring is he has no rival, but I don't blame the other drivers, I partly blame the other teams. After watching Vettel constantly gap other cars so easily, cheating becomes a real possibility. It's not even funny anymore.

Last edited by Dragger; 25 Nov 2013 at 04:22.

Favorite Cars: Aston Martin Vantage, Ford GT40, Porsche Cayman, and anything not FWD ;)