Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Jan 2005, 13:22 (Ref:1202961)   #51
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see from DSC that Patrick Pearce has signed up to the British GT Championship in one of LNT's TVR's. He will share the car with Warren Hughes.
Old 17 Jan 2005, 15:23 (Ref:1203035)   #52
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just saw this article. http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view...=14&nid=104311 - A shame IMO that Manfred Freisinger isnt prepared to be a little more reasonable. Wilcox Motorsport was a potential entrant for this years GT2 class this year, but now unfortunatly only looks set to run in GT3 in this years championship.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 17 Jan 2005 at 15:24.
Old 17 Jan 2005, 15:31 (Ref:1203042)   #53
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Just saw this article. http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view...=14&nid=104311 - A shame IMO that Manfred Freisinger isnt prepared to be a little more reasonable. Wilcox Motorsport was a potential entrant for this years GT2 class this year, but now unfortunatly only looks set to run in GT3 in this years championship.
Why does Friesinger have to reasonable to anyone? He's the factory Porsche Team. He probably doesn't have the time to prepare a British GT car if he has FIA GT and/or LMES and Le Mans to do too.

If Wilcox had put in that much money, why didn't he go to Porsche directly for a new car, or purchase one from somewhere else?
Old 17 Jan 2005, 16:01 (Ref:1203056)   #54
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where did I say Mansfred Freisinger "HAS" to be reasonable with anyone? All I said was that its my opinion a shame that Mansfred Freisinger coudnt be a little more reasonable. And obviously Freisinger does have the time to prepare a British GT car or else he would not have quoted Adam Wilcox a price for a Freisinger prepared 911 RSR. According to Adam, if u read the article carefully Manfred Freisinger has effectivly outpriced Adam Wilcox out of running a Porsche 911 RSR in this years British GT championship by imposing his "ridiculous deadline". And now Adam Wilcox now has to recover his deposit from Freisinger, which he himself quotes as "highly unlikely" to be competing in any GT2 race in this years championship due to the huge ammount of money he will have lost due to recovering the debt. Now personally I would say that losing a potential GT2 front runner is a shame, woudnt u Audi R8R? Surley there was a arrangement agreed between Wilcox and Freisinger before Wilcox entered the agreement about payment, and I find it very hard to beleive that Adam Wilcox would shoot himself in the foot delibrtly and agree to purchasing a car he knew he coudnt afford, dont u?

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 17 Jan 2005 at 16:03.
Old 17 Jan 2005, 16:30 (Ref:1203074)   #55
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its a bit Poo really of Freisinger in my opinion. Its still over 2 months to the first round, so to have a deadline that has passed this early does seem harsh.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 20:09 (Ref:1211437)   #56
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Autosport Magazine are this week reporting that Calum Lockie will contest selected rounds of this years British GT championship and Britcar in a GT3 McComick's GT3 class Ferrari 360. The pair will also race in selected Belcar events too. Good news for British GT IMO.

Anyone care to put up a speculative list?

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 27 Jan 2005 at 20:10.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 20:21 (Ref:1211448)   #57
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see from DSC that Embassy Racing will back this year with a new car which has been shakendown and test already. Neil Cunningham will again drive the car with a "highly regarded champion racer". The car how ever is still secret.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 21:42 (Ref:1211514)   #58
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
It's suggested that Ben Collins might be the "highly regarded chapion racer".
Old 27 Jan 2005, 21:49 (Ref:1211527)   #59
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
It's suggested that Ben Collins might be the "highly regarded chapion racer".
I think you might be right, but we shall see.........
Old 28 Jan 2005, 16:02 (Ref:1212082)   #60
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was also confirmed in Autosport, and FIA GT website, of the Balfe Motorsport Mosler entering European rounds of FIA GT in the Group 2 category. Great to see them having the balls to take on Ferrari and Porsche (well, just Porsche really... hehe).

However, having looked unsuccessfully for a team website, I'd like to ask if they are still going to compete in British GT as well?

And what's the bet that the Embassy car is a Porsche? said on British GT website their new car was very highly rated, just like their new driver.
Old 28 Jan 2005, 16:08 (Ref:1212087)   #61
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It could be a Toyota Supra if the spying network is correct.
Old 28 Jan 2005, 17:17 (Ref:1212125)   #62
Audi R8R
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
Was also confirmed in Autosport, and FIA GT website, of the Balfe Motorsport Mosler entering European rounds of FIA GT in the Group 2 category. Great to see them having the balls to take on Ferrari and Porsche (well, just Porsche really... hehe).

However, having looked unsuccessfully for a team website, I'd like to ask if they are still going to compete in British GT as well?
Unfortunately due to the time constraints of the FIA calendar the team look unlikely to run in British GT this season. I think the whole focus is going to be on getting everything right in FIA, rather than dipping back in and out of the British.

Team website will be back up and running in the near future too!
Old 28 Jan 2005, 20:43 (Ref:1212226)   #63
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy
It could be a Toyota Supra if the spying network is correct.

It isn't!
Old 29 Jan 2005, 13:22 (Ref:1212609)   #64
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for that. How many teams are running Mosler cars in Britain this season then? I count two now. Think they may need to get a few more running before turning attention to international success? I don't know how successful the Mosler has been in other countries, however.

What is the Balfe website address? or is there simply nothing online at the min?
Old 29 Jan 2005, 13:26 (Ref:1212613)   #65
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Balfe's website is being redone fore 2005

Only one team confirmed for Mosler(s) in Brit GT this season but we will probably see the cars out in other racing (There are currently five MT900Rs in the hands of British outfits)
Old 2 Feb 2005, 14:40 (Ref:1215554)   #66
FR-2000
Rookie

Scotland
Scotland
FR-2000 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

The new Embasay Car is the ex-Cirtek 996 GT3RSR and they have a new base in Sheffield plus employed the services of Doug Beb.

Drivers -
Neil Cuningham
Ben Collins (Ben also helps out on Top Gear as the STIG)

I read this on dailysportscar early this week but for some reason they removed the post ? cannot understand why they removed it as these forums are for discussion therefore they will look a little stupied when its anounced and they bowed to pressure from Embassay Racing and removed the post as its meant to be some big secret ?

Come on Graham why did you remove it ?????
Old 2 Feb 2005, 15:29 (Ref:1215609)   #67
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-2000
Come on Graham why did you remove it ?????
DSC seem to have a strict policy on honouring news embargoes.
Old 2 Feb 2005, 16:43 (Ref:1215675)   #68
Audi R8R
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Humpage
DSC seem to have a strict policy on honouring news embargoes.
Yes, it's called being professional. Probably part of the reason why they get so many exclusive stories on there, because teams and manufacturers can trust them to tell the story when the time is right.
Old 2 Feb 2005, 16:58 (Ref:1215689)   #69
FR-2000
Rookie

Scotland
Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi R8R
Yes, it's called being professional. Probably part of the reason why they get so many exclusive stories on there, because teams and manufacturers can trust them to tell the story when the time is right.
Come on

There was no malice in the post that appeared on dailysportascar just an enthusiast sharing information just as I asume you have shared information in the past and probably a paying member of that site.

Last edited by FR-2000; 2 Feb 2005 at 16:59.
Old 2 Feb 2005, 17:24 (Ref:1215703)   #70
Audi R8R
Racer

Just what exactly do you find so funny?

As a journalist and also someone who produces media material I'd expect the people I send copy out to to respect a media embargo. It's part of the job.

I've respected it when I used to write up releases from manufacturers and teams in the past.

Just because you don't believe that people should doesn't mean it's not right. And besides, it also decreases the chances of you being told more information in the future, from a journalistic point of view.

Or are you so desperate for gossip that you have to steal the thunder from another team or driver? Do you not have a drive this season? you do remember (as a professional driver, I've read your profile) that teams rely on media coverage and exposure for their sponsors to pay to go racing? Which sometimes means keeping certain things under wraps until they're ready to go. Especially as far as sponsors and deals being finalised are concerned.
Old 2 Feb 2005, 17:48 (Ref:1215717)   #71
FR-2000
Rookie

Scotland
Scotland
Audi R8R what are you talking about

I was merely pointing out an observation on something I read on dailysportscar and you jump in feet first looking for some agro. Then you seem to have somewhat pushed this into a personal issue?

Look I drove last year and I am driving this year hope that clarifies any issues you had here?

Have you considered HRT

Never assume anything about my character and neither will I about yours

Last edited by FR-2000; 2 Feb 2005 at 17:48.
Old 2 Feb 2005, 20:23 (Ref:1215869)   #72
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-2000
Audi R8R what are you talking about

I was merely pointing out an observation on something I read on dailysportscar and you jump in feet first looking for some agro. Then you seem to have somewhat pushed this into a personal issue?

Look I drove last year and I am driving this year hope that clarifies any issues you had here?

Have you considered HRT

Never assume anything about my character and neither will I about yours
Dont take anything Audi R8R says to heart - ur not the only person to get aggro from this charachter, hope he dosent discourage u from posting here further too.
Old 2 Feb 2005, 20:37 (Ref:1215878)   #73
Audi R8R
Racer

Sorry if my previous post came across as malice, that wasn't the intention. I was pointing out, not necessarily to yourself FR-2000, that certain other people don't stick to media deadlines and embargo's. It's been pointed out on here that other people have not in the past. It's just a matter of courtesy, that all. Working as part of a team sometimes it can be hard enough trying to pull everything together to one point, without people pulling the rug out from under your feet at the final hurdle!

And I don't think I'm in need of HRT, at least not yet! Though some might disagree!

I'd seen the post you referred to on another forum too (although, I couldn't remember at the time whether it was DSC''s forum or not, I'd forgotten!) But it was something that I already knew too, there aren't that many secrets in motor-racing, especially in the UK!

And Saleen S7R, I've never given you aggro, I've just put you right on a few issues, but then, I'm not the only person to do that either, am I?!
Old 3 Feb 2005, 09:07 (Ref:1216185)   #74
FR-2000
Rookie

Scotland
Scotland
Audi R8R - I believe it takes a lot of courage to say sorry and yours is respectfully accepted so please accept mine about the slightly personal comments in my postings SORRY.

I understand your points raised and I think most people in BGT would wish Jonathan France and Embassy Racing every success in 2005 he is an asset to the series.

SALEEN S7R I will continue to have a look here and post some comments on the odd occasion so therefore look forward to some further aggro and will try not to take it to personal in the future.

roll on 2005 and BGT it will be a cracker.

Last edited by FR-2000; 3 Feb 2005 at 09:09.
Old 4 Feb 2005, 17:53 (Ref:1217576)   #75
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
well look at that... can yer feel the love? or is it heated seating :P lol