Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 14 Sep 2022, 20:35 (Ref:4126083)   #76
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I'm going to print mine too. Too much could go wrong trying to use the digital ones. There was a system glitch with multiple college football games in week 1 and the digital tickets didn't work.
Ya, that was my thinking as well. Now I only need to figure out how we're going to get our infield parking passes. They always included one pass for every reserved RV spot rented but that was when they mailed you the entire packet. None of my ticket vouchers specifically says they're for infield parking. I guess I'll get one when I redeem the reserved RV spot voucher. I'm kind of a detail guy who hates surprises.
Old 14 Sep 2022, 23:10 (Ref:4126092)   #77
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Any purchased parking passes should have been included with what you purchased. Mine has reserved RV and my non-reserved camping along with the ticket and the program. My wallet has 4 tickets in it. According to Abe we won't be getting anything else unless you need an event golf cart or bike pass, everything else will be the digital or printed QR code
Old 15 Sep 2022, 12:24 (Ref:4126120)   #78
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll give Abe a call today. In the past every reserved RV pass received an infield parking pass as well. I have nothing that shows infield parking for our van. The RV is a self-driven motorhome. We use the van to pull the trailer for the golf cart and then park the van in our space. Usually had to put the sticker in both the windows of the van and MH.

Last edited by JT240Z; 15 Sep 2022 at 12:48.
Old 15 Sep 2022, 12:47 (Ref:4126122)   #79
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
OK, just spoke with Road Atlanta. When reserved RV owners pull in, they'll read the QR code ticket and then issue a reserved RV sticker and an infield parking pass at that time.
Old 15 Sep 2022, 16:40 (Ref:4126151)   #80
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I guess I should read one of the 20 emails they've sent me over the past week.
Old 15 Sep 2022, 17:03 (Ref:4126156)   #81
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's fairly easy once you get in, save to google wallet and even if the network is down the QRs have already been generated. But sounds like you're in the Aussie V8s at COTA and only a "paper" ticket situation now
Old 15 Sep 2022, 23:42 (Ref:4126173)   #82
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What's Google wallet?
Old 16 Sep 2022, 12:37 (Ref:4126232)   #83
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
What's Google wallet?
An app that discontinued but then brought back. It just showed up on my phone one day

sent during haircut
Old 16 Sep 2022, 13:54 (Ref:4126240)   #84
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Quote:
What's Google wallet?
I'd forget Google wallet and just print out the tickets. Relatively easy to do and you'll have them in hand. Don't like to be dependent on a phone for something this critical. You can also save the screen and print them out again if need be. I maintain a copy in the MH and also one in the van for the tickets they need. I also printed a second copy just in case.

I remember one year I forgot that I had the wife's ticket and infield parking pass with me when I drove in with the RV. A couple minutes later, I get a phone call from the wife telling me to come back to the gate because they wouldn't let her in. OPPS.
Old 16 Sep 2022, 14:30 (Ref:4126242)   #85
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
I saw Helio Castroneves on Fox5 promoting the event. I didn't realize his wife owns La Parrilla and that's why he's moving to Atlanta.
Old 16 Sep 2022, 16:30 (Ref:4126254)   #86
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Quote:
I saw Helio Castroneves on Fox5 promoting the event. I didn't realize his wife owns La Parrilla and that's why he's moving to Atlanta.
Ya, you know it's getting close when you start seeing and hearing news about the event on TV and radio.

I keep looking at the long-range weather forecasts to see what to expect. I know it's just a crap shoot now, but the current forecasts look pretty good. One can only hope they're close to reality.

I remember years past where the races were ended early due to excessive water on the track. I believe they helped the situation by improving drainage.
Old 16 Sep 2022, 19:10 (Ref:4126270)   #87
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
Ya, you know it's getting close when you start seeing and hearing news about the event on TV and radio.

I keep looking at the long-range weather forecasts to see what to expect. I know it's just a crap shoot now, but the current forecasts look pretty good. One can only hope they're close to reality.

I remember years past where the races were ended early due to excessive water on the track. I believe they helped the situation by improving drainage.
They ain't done sht to help, they can't really. Bottom of the Esses is a stream and they own about 5' beyond the wall there. And the lady who owns it ain't interested in letting the track do anything.
Old 16 Sep 2022, 19:10 (Ref:4126271)   #88
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
His house was permitted but they haven't started yet, I go past it every couple days or so on Paces Ferry
Old 16 Sep 2022, 20:42 (Ref:4126277)   #89
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
They ain't done sht to help, they can't really. Bottom of the Esses is a stream and they own about 5' beyond the wall there. And the lady who owns it ain't interested in letting the track do anything.
Ya, many of the adjacent landowners don't appreciate the track being there like we fans do.

Not sure what they have been able to do but it does seem that the track is less effected now v/s in the past. Maybe it's just the amount of rain since then.
Old 16 Sep 2022, 21:54 (Ref:4126285)   #90
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Ya, many of the adjacent landowners don't appreciate the track being there like we fans do.

Not sure what they have been able to do but it does seem that the track is less effected now v/s in the past. Maybe it's just the amount of rain since then.
I got to talking with a couple track guys on The Mitty weekend. They've done some questionable stuff in the woods to move water away from the track And the neighbor doesn't mind the track, she's not planning on selling or developing it anytime. She just doesn't want their stuff on her side, they actually tried to buy some of it years ago to access the outside of the track but no dice. Decent guys, same guys that went after the McLaren 2 years ago I think it was. Stuck throttle and right through the gravel, over the fence, in to the woods and down the hill at 6. Had to get chainsaws and do some wood cutting to even get it out. Decent evening, before they stopped Johnny O stopped by and talked a bit. He gets a sweet Caddy from GM every year

I'm just glad the race isn't next week, gonna be a HOT one again. Hopefully the heat breaks just before race week
Old 17 Sep 2022, 12:10 (Ref:4126320)   #91
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Looks loke we should see a break from the 90's around Friday of next week. The week of the Petit should be in the low 80's to mid 70's as the weather is being reported now.
Old 19 Sep 2022, 00:57 (Ref:4126461)   #92
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I started to work on my shopping list officially today. Andrew was there something you were planning for Saturday night? Or should I bring something to share more than boudin?
Old 19 Sep 2022, 11:49 (Ref:4126485)   #93
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I might bring a couple things to share but no big thing off the grill, did not get a chance to test another round with a shoulder so not ready for track yet
Old 20 Sep 2022, 16:08 (Ref:4126599)   #94
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Looks loke we should see a break from the 90's around Friday of next week. The week of the Petit should be in the low 80's to mid 70's as the weather is being reported now.
It's starting to look really nice but I don't dare to get my hopes up for a bit of coolness. If so, I might have to bring out the suit to wear.
Old 20 Sep 2022, 19:39 (Ref:4126621)   #95
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
55 in the am, joeb might need a jacket. And the fkr next to me might run his genie all night to power the electric heater of theirs
Old 21 Sep 2022, 11:35 (Ref:4126684)   #96
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
55 in the am, joeb might need a jacket. And the fkr next to me might run his genie all night to power the electric heater of theirs
That all sounds lovely until friday night when the rain is expected. right now weather underground is saying 1.2". But my bigger concern is the chance of a hurricane at home next week.
Old 21 Sep 2022, 11:48 (Ref:4126691)   #97
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Weather underground has been less than useful here lately, the market guys love that one and we've had 2 markets cancel at 7 am for rain forecast for at 10 am. It was sunny and beautiful, and at 7 am the baking is almost complete so...
Old 21 Sep 2022, 12:32 (Ref:4126705)   #98
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Not that you can depend on any forecasts this early, but it does look like possible rain on Friday and Saturday.
Old 21 Sep 2022, 13:40 (Ref:4126719)   #99
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
No effing rain - not wanting to complete the trilogy...
Old 21 Sep 2022, 18:03 (Ref:4126750)   #100
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
No effing rain - not wanting to complete the trilogy...
A little rain is OK as long as it's not a wash out. Always interesting when one part of the track is wet and other parts dry. Choice of tires can become a deciding factor.