Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 30 Jul 2022, 21:38 (Ref:4121055)   #1
mite5255
Racer

Australia
Caboolture Queensland
mite5255 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boost announces Supercars exit

https://www.motorsport.com/v8superca...exit/10345491/
Old 31 Jul 2022, 00:57 (Ref:4121086)   #2
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Out of control, unprofessional child.

Just like the Craig Gore and other big money idiots who were only ever interested in themselves. They throw their weight around and leave.

I'm just glad he was never considered to be a part owner of the category.
Old 31 Jul 2022, 01:47 (Ref:4121098)   #3
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don’t let the door, hit you on the arse on the way out champ!
Old 31 Jul 2022, 13:01 (Ref:4121182)   #4
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah but is it a storm in a Teacup ?

Throw the toys out of the cot?
Old 31 Jul 2022, 13:02 (Ref:4121183)   #5
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If he is looking for advertising only, then look no further than sponsorship of a AFL Team, more TV coverage than anything
Old 2 Aug 2022, 03:48 (Ref:4121490)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Out of control, unprofessional child.

Just like the Craig Gore and other big money idiots who were only ever interested in themselves. They throw their weight around and leave.

I'm just glad he was never considered to be a part owner of the category.
It is an odd thing for Mr Nettlefold to do... but then he probably shouldnt be in the middle of a sponsor activity anyway..

The Black Wiggle knew which side his bread was buttered... maybe the RACE people still need to discover this
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 Aug 2022, 05:32 (Ref:4121631)   #7
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
& now there is movement in the ownership of Supercars. Just coincidence?
Old 3 Aug 2022, 06:14 (Ref:4121634)   #8
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It is an odd thing for Mr Nettlefold to do... but then he probably shouldnt be in the middle of a sponsor activity anyway..

The Black Wiggle knew which side his bread was buttered... maybe the RACE people still need to discover this
It sounds like amateur hour to me and he just cost the series a sponsor. Looking into my murky crystal ball I would be surprised if the ownership of SC has not changed within 12 months.
Old 3 Aug 2022, 06:18 (Ref:4121635)   #9
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
It sounds like amateur hour to me and he just cost the series a sponsor. Looking into my murky crystal ball I would be surprised if the ownership of SC has not changed within 12 months.
Adderton is a damaging, unstable idiot and the sport is better off without him.

He quit once before already and prematurely ended the career of Garth Tander as well as being directly responsible for the shutdown of GRM as a Supercar team.

Just an absolute petulant child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
& now there is movement in the ownership of Supercars. Just coincidence?
Actually, PAYCE is a property developer and that sector at the moment is in crisis with massive delays and cost increases, and a number of players going to the wall.

I'd suggest Mr Boyd just needs cash for his business.
Old 4 Aug 2022, 03:04 (Ref:4121734)   #10
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
To be honest when anybody invests millions in a business or commercial venture they are in it for themselves to make more money. Thats how they got to be so rich in the first place. They arent a charity.

but im no fan of this man or his company and his way of treating people
Old 4 Aug 2022, 05:08 (Ref:4121735)   #11
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr uprights, got uptight and has left the building.
Old 4 Aug 2022, 05:42 (Ref:4121737)   #12
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
To be honest when anybody invests millions in a business or commercial venture they are in it for themselves to make more money. Thats how they got to be so rich in the first place. They arent a charity.
There's not many people in Supercars actually making a profit. Most of them will commercially get into it for commercial gain. But those like Gore and Adderton are different. Ruthless and selfish in equal measure and throw their weight around disproportionately to their importance.

For reference this is the last time Peter Adderton quit, taking GRM with him - end of 2019.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsp...54ec73233633ef

He sponsored GRM for one year, killed Garth Tander's career, and ended GRM's participation in Supercars totally.
Old 8 Aug 2022, 13:55 (Ref:4122228)   #13
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
"I have no issues with [Walkinshaw Andretti United] and Optus sponsorship but when RACE officials, who have an exclusive agreement with [Boost Mobile], so such disrespect... would they go and visit and photograph themselves in a [Supercheap Auto] store?" he wrote.
Wow!

Anyway, who will take over major sponsorship of the Erebus cars?
Old 9 Aug 2022, 02:09 (Ref:4122273)   #14
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Wow!

Anyway, who will take over major sponsorship of the Erebus cars?
I'm surprised no one puts ATO stickers on their car as a thank you for the attributable tax losses
Old 9 Aug 2022, 10:29 (Ref:4122298)   #15
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
I'm surprised no one puts ATO stickers on their car as a thank you for the attributable tax losses
Betty's $40m for 2 years in AMGs?
Old 18 Oct 2022, 06:52 (Ref:4130668)   #16
Mixer
Veteran

Adderton outlines plan for his team:
https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/adderton...percars-entry/

Are we ready for the whining should the last TRC be awarded to one of the existing teams, or if Team Boost is not immediately competitive?
Old 19 Oct 2022, 08:13 (Ref:4130802)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Adderton outlines plan for his team:
https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/adderton...percars-entry/

Are we ready for the whining should the last TRC be awarded to one of the existing teams, or if Team Boost is not immediately competitive?
Nothing stopping any other eligible potential of current entrant for also communicating with RACE and requesting a similar hearing to Mr Adderton

Perhaps Mr Blanchard will look to expand the squad? Or Mr Chahda finds the backing (other than Caltex who seem to have rumoured to land at Erebus next year) to step up. It likely wouldn’t suit BJR to own a 4th when it might displace a paying customer. Is MSR ready for a 3rd slot?

I would not presume that this is a walk up start…
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House