Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Sep 2022, 21:48 (Ref:4125356)   #1
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
F1 and the death of HRH ERII

I expect that the British Canadian and Australian drivers will be wearing black arm bands.

Maybe the British teams will also run special liveries or markings on the cars and pit crew uniforms?

Maybe Lewis will be dressed as the queen
Old 8 Sep 2022, 22:20 (Ref:4125357)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm sure teams will be able to create a "black band" decal for the cars at relatively short notice.

I wouldn't be surprised to see arm bands from non UK & commonwealth teams too.
Old 8 Sep 2022, 23:02 (Ref:4125360)   #3
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Maybe Lewis will be dressed as the queen
thats good!
Old 9 Sep 2022, 04:53 (Ref:4125378)   #4
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will the British teams compete? Given that all British sport has been postponed/cancelled im not sure it would be a good look?

Not that i care or think that they should withdraw tbh, its sad that shes died but life has to go on.
Old 9 Sep 2022, 08:15 (Ref:4125385)   #5
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Will the British teams compete? Given that all British sport has been postponed/cancelled im not sure it would be a good look?
I cant imagine anyone not being there. For legal and financial reasons if nothing else. I think the English/commonwealth people will just make gestures of respect.
Old 9 Sep 2022, 08:40 (Ref:4125388)   #6
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I highly doubt the British teams will pull out. However there will be a minute's silence before practice

It's weird, 25 years ago Diana's funeral happened during the Italian GP weekend. Last year Phil's funeral happened during the San Marino GP weekend. Now the Queen dies just before the Italian GP.
Old 9 Sep 2022, 09:20 (Ref:4125396)   #7
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post

Not that i care or think that they should withdraw tbh, its sad that shes died but life has to go on.
It hasn't, not as yet anyway.
Several sports aren't going ahead today (some football and cricket matches postponed, and some horse racing cancelled), but as yet everything else is either going ahead this weekend, or hasn't made a decision yet.
Old 9 Sep 2022, 11:34 (Ref:4125407)   #8
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There will be a minute's silence before FP1.
Old 9 Sep 2022, 11:45 (Ref:4125408)   #9
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't all sport cancelled following the death of Princess Diana until after her state funeral ?
Old 9 Sep 2022, 11:56 (Ref:4125410)   #10
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Wasn't all sport cancelled following the death of Princess Diana until after her state funeral ?
No - in fact some fixtures were moved forward from the date of the funeral to the week beforehand.

In general terms - it was the weekend of the death and the day of the funeral that saw sport postponed.
Old 9 Sep 2022, 15:46 (Ref:4125434)   #11
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I highly doubt the British teams will pull out. However there will be a minute's silence before practice

It's weird, 25 years ago Diana's funeral happened during the Italian GP weekend. Last year Phil's funeral happened during the San Marino GP weekend. Now the Queen dies just before the Italian GP.
9/11 as well
Old 9 Sep 2022, 17:27 (Ref:4125441)   #12
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
9/11 as well

True, but I was thinking more of British royal deaths
Old 10 Sep 2022, 02:16 (Ref:4125478)   #13
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Many cars are carrying EIIR crowns. Many drivers and team members have black arm bands. There was a minutes silence before p1 and will be another before the race.
I was struck that the silence seemed absolute yesterday. Normally there is still some background noise from some people or activity, not yesterday

A very respectful and nicely done by F1
Old 11 Sep 2022, 10:18 (Ref:4125641)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, that silence was impressive, couldn't hear a pin drop. I noticed that the golfers at Wentworth wore very smart black ribbons (?) on their caps yesterday at Wentworth.
Old 12 Sep 2022, 08:09 (Ref:4125800)   #15
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Given some of the reports of dreadful behaviour in some sections of the crowd, plus the three hour queues to get in, and the hour-long queues just to get a bottle of water, and the security/crowd stewards/abuse helpline basically ignoring everything bad that was happening - I was pleasantly surprised that over a hundred thousand people were genuinely silent.

A measure of how highly regarded QEII was around the world, very impressive.

It's a shame though that the TV production had Ferrari's strategy team doing the sound for Andrea Bocelli's rendering of the national anthem. (I also didn't know he's totally blind).
Old 12 Sep 2022, 08:35 (Ref:4125802)   #16
S griffin
Veteran

It was great that both times the crowd remained silent. Shows they can be respectful when the time calls
Old 12 Sep 2022, 09:07 (Ref:4125808)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Very noticable thatthe whole of F! and the fans stayed silent for the queen a respectful lot when needed but stil gave max a hard time when he appaered
Old 12 Sep 2022, 16:09 (Ref:4125857)   #18
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a shame though that the TV production had Ferrari's strategy team doing the sound for Andrea Bocelli's rendering of the national anthem. (I also didn't know he's totally blind).[/QUOTE]

It didn't end there Post race the top three had to dump their kit on the ground whilst bottles of water were handed out as an afterthought. One job...... Neither would have happened in Bernies day!