Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Oct 2006, 17:56 (Ref:1737872)   #26
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
the lambo has qualified in 4th its finally found its speed
Old 14 Oct 2006, 17:59 (Ref:1737876)   #27
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All three championship runners in the top three though, Bert, then Piccini then Bartels.

Should be good.
Old 14 Oct 2006, 18:30 (Ref:1737882)   #28
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice to see the Zakspeed on pole once again, albeit by a small margin. Looks like tommorow could be interesting, especially when you consider how tight and twisty the circuit is, how long until the lead cars start lapping the slower GT2 runners, going by the lap times I would say 15 laps or so at most. And yes, I also think that the current TV coverage is a lot better than when Eurosport had the contract.
Old 14 Oct 2006, 19:51 (Ref:1737938)   #29
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
tv coverage is better for you, but much worse for other like me in Germany. We have 30minutes on wednesday after the race, thats ****ing all without paytv subs from somewhere else. Its the same in austria, and if you look where the GT1 teams are based mostly thats a shame for the organisation

Last edited by paul-collins; 15 Oct 2006 at 03:00.
Old 14 Oct 2006, 19:56 (Ref:1737942)   #30
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The fact we have full coverage of every race live is good.

The package itself is only okay. The commentators do a fine job, but nothing exceptional. I'm so tired of the commentators curse line now I want to throttle them...next time I hear "I don't want to jinx Kirkaldy/Davies again so I won't mention his name again" I'm going to go on a spree (undecided on shopping or killing).

Because of the standard every 15 minutes break typical flextech scheduling, we miss almost every pitstop - it's really quite dumb in that sense.

But hey, those are my clouds in that silver lining.
Old 14 Oct 2006, 20:12 (Ref:1737961)   #31
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80
tv coverage is better for you, but much worse for other like me in Germany. We have 30minutes on wednesday after the race, thats f***ing all without paytv subs from somewhere else. Its the same in austria, and if you look where the GT1 teams are based mostly thats a shame for the organisation
Im sorry, you think Bravo 2 aren't a pay to view TV channel? Well im sorry but they are, if you have just terrestial tv here in the UK you wont get any live coverage of the FIA GT Championship. Just like you. Still, you will get a 30 minutes highlight programme on Channel 4 a week or so after the event which is 100% better for terrestial tv users than what they had in 2005, where they got 0 coverage thanks to the contract the series had with Eurosport.

If you dont like the situation, you should go get Sattelite/Cable TV! If you are in a postition to do so of course. IMO.
Old 14 Oct 2006, 20:18 (Ref:1737964)   #32
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Im sorry, you think Bravo 2 aren't a pay to view TV channel? Well im sorry but they are, if you have just terrestial tv here in the UK you wont get any live coverage of the FIA GT Championship. Just like you. Still, you will get a 30 minutes highlight programme on Channel 4 a week or so after the event which is 100% better for terrestial tv users than what they had in 2005, where they got 0 coverage thanks to the contract the series had with Eurosport.

If you dont like the situation, you should go get Sattelite/Cable TV! If you are in a postition to do so of course. IMO.

I am not able to buy any channel here legaly. There is no pay tv provider showing FIA GT live for germany and austria.
!!!

Last edited by ger80; 14 Oct 2006 at 20:21.
Old 15 Oct 2006, 00:55 (Ref:1738053)   #33
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R

I think you've missed the point slightly Saleen S7R, there truly is not decent coverage of the FIA GT Championship in Germany. Whether that's on a pay per view channel or not. I have that from a reliable source.

Bit of a shame when you think the team champions are from Germany and some of the drivers going for the title are from there or Austria...

We are pretty damn lucky to have what we have in the UK, whether the coverage is poor or not, its still live coverage.
Old 15 Oct 2006, 09:56 (Ref:1738255)   #34
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Lambo didn't do a lap in the warm-up .. problems for the car ??

Ciao Marco
Old 15 Oct 2006, 20:04 (Ref:1738672)   #35
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
The Lamborghini ran competitively in the race until problems after it's first stop.

The Saleen was fast & lead too, until brake problems in the final stint.

Babini was on for a win, until first a penalty and tyre issues put the car down.

Tyre issues for the Corvette too kept them away from the front.

Phoenix led from the start, before being punted off by Babini.

So every car in GT1 had problems except the Maserati's - end result, Maserati 1-2 and the championship.

Congratulations...pretty much given to them as a present today.
Old 15 Oct 2006, 20:10 (Ref:1738677)   #36
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Another good race today I thought, the first hour was so close all through the field! Great to see the Lamborghini up at the front too, even though it ultimately wasnt to last. A bit of a shame to see Zakspeed having issues with the brakes towards the end of the race but maybe they will have better luck next time out at Dubai.

Nice too to see Scuderia Ecosse taking a win in GT2, shame that Kinch and Kirkaldy had such bad luck though. Still, the car will be light for Dubai and they should be able to get a good result, providing nothing goes wrong of course. All in all though a good race, I wasnt expecting much due to the shortness of the track and the lack of overtaking places but the circuit did provide some very close and exciting racing. IMO.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 06:00 (Ref:1738874)   #37
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
What a shame for Zakspeed ..... in front all the way and then this ! Those brakes must have taken some abuse .

Any word on any new S7R users for next season ?
Old 16 Oct 2006, 08:40 (Ref:1738974)   #38
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello

Missed the race today because my parents in law were visiting. Will just have to catch the highlights programme when it comes round on MOTORS TV. Well done to the Vitaphone Team for their drivers and teams championships, which might seem they had an easy time of it but as we all know it was quite a competitive season. Having said that I think the Aston Martin teams will be a bit disappointed with their season.

Nick
Old 16 Oct 2006, 08:53 (Ref:1738985)   #39
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
With such a short track it would have been amazing if we hadn't seen a close race from the start. Adria is very Mickey Mouse indeed.

Far from gripping I thought and again the TV coverage suffered by missing an awful lot of incident during the commercial breaks
Old 16 Oct 2006, 09:05 (Ref:1739001)   #40
mirkob
Veteran

Italy
Rome
mirkob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A little OT, small video from Vallelunga, last round of Italian GT 2006:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4siiAAT2vfE
Old 16 Oct 2006, 11:01 (Ref:1739132)   #41
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats that...TV coverage - we have nothing in Australia...

But I keep up with it all...Great race for Vitaphone, shame for Zakspeed, good to see the Gillet finish...but it would be nice to see the thing on TV
Old 16 Oct 2006, 14:09 (Ref:1739375)   #42
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
The fact we have full coverage of every race live is good.

The package itself is only okay. The commentators do a fine job, but nothing exceptional. I'm so tired of the commentators curse line now I want to throttle them...next time I hear "I don't want to jinx Kirkaldy/Davies again so I won't mention his name again" I'm going to go on a spree (undecided on shopping or killing).

Because of the standard every 15 minutes break typical flextech scheduling, we miss almost every pitstop - it's really quite dumb in that sense.

But hey, those are my clouds in that silver lining.
Agree that they have done the curse bit too often but at lease we have got rid of the monotone scotsman that Eurosport use. From their comments I believe that the commentators really are at the track and not commentating in a studio in London. Sorry that our German and Austrian friends don't get what we get in the UK but let's hope somebody who cares and can change things reads this site

We don't want the suggestion of 2 hour races discussed on some other threads to put us back as an also ran on Eurosport.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 15:26 (Ref:1739423)   #43
davemk7
Racer

davemk7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the monotone scotsman I think your referring to is david leslie. I did feel the same way, but he's grow on me. He does the wtcc and international gt open on eurosport and lms and super gt on motorstv (and something else i'm forgetting) I don't like the other motorstv commentatorys by the way. The alternatives they use just don't bare thinking about.

To be fair to the guys who do fia gt Jamie Davies does seem to have more luck since they stopped mentioning him. Speaking of Jamie Davies, a very good commentator himself, imo.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 22:24 (Ref:1739708)   #44
Lloyd87
Rookie

Italy
Naples (IT)
Lloyd87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here are some of the pictures I've taken during the weekend in Adria

Old 18 Oct 2006, 10:46 (Ref:1741028)   #45
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice pics Lloyd87 Decent crowd it seems

Bit of thing about GT1's eh!