Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Apr 2007, 12:27 (Ref:1895461)   #26
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragaan
[Team Tiger] said from the outset that the beginning of the season would be a test to determine if they would race for the whole season.
Does this mean they don't think the rest of the class is worth racing against?
Old 19 Apr 2007, 15:03 (Ref:1895555)   #27
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus
Does this mean they don't think the rest of the class is worth racing against?
No. I can't remember where I read the interview with them, I think it was Autosport. But they don't just race a Marcos, they race historics too. From what I understood of what I read, they never really intended to race in BGT too much, after switching from Britcar in 2004. They said right from the outset that they didn't really plan to race the Mantis much in 2007, and this was before the weak entry numbers for GTC cropped up in the run up to Oulton.

Bad news about Richmond. I can't stand the Ginetta support races, but their GT car is actually quite nice, and sounds quite unique amongst all the other cars currently around. It is another welcome example of BGT's frequent varied entry compared to international championships that have a tendancy to be a Porsche and Ferrari fest in the lower classes.
Old 19 Apr 2007, 16:16 (Ref:1895594)   #28
Charlies
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
Charlies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the info on Belcar TheNewBob and cmk. I'm intrigued to see what it's like.

Will the Team Modena Gallardo be there or is it still being built?
Old 19 Apr 2007, 17:23 (Ref:1895644)   #29
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlies
Will the Team Modena Gallardo be there or is it still being built?
As far as I understnad the car will not be at Donington, which is a shame. It certainly isn't on the entry list.
Old 19 Apr 2007, 22:38 (Ref:1895882)   #30
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't expect it at Donington. Should be some Gallardos on the grid at Silverstone in a little over two weeks time, however.
Old 20 Apr 2007, 05:06 (Ref:1895973)   #31
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks for the info on Belcar TheNewBob and cmk. I'm intrigued to see what it's like.
Should mention that Div 3 is also restricted down to a reference time that's something like 3 seconds off BGT GT3 2006 pole time, though that benchmark may change. So don't expect the fire-breathing biturbo 996s to be running with the GT3 cars.

Team Tiger (Beighton and Finnemore) are doing Fun Cup with, I think, the former's son, and also racing a T70 in historics. It's a shame, because for my money they were the best performance:investment ratio team I've seen in sportscars anywhere in years...
Old 20 Apr 2007, 21:17 (Ref:1896678)   #32
Tim Dunlop
Racer

England
Derby, United Kingdom
Tim Dunlop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi there,

For anyone that is planning to go to Donington Park this weekend for the British GT you are in for a real treat. As well as British GT and Heritage GT there is also the only Belcar round outside of Belgium this year.

I cannot be there for the Belcar race as I am shooting as an accredited photographer at Rockingham for the BTCC so I decided to go to the test day yesterday instead.

Here are some of the pics I took while I was there.

Here is a link to the rest of them.

http://www.dunlopix.com/Belcar.html

Regards

Tim
Old 21 Apr 2007, 19:00 (Ref:1897199)   #33
Charlies
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
Great pictures. I can't wait for tomorrow; hopefully it'll stay dry.
Old 22 Apr 2007, 21:38 (Ref:1898016)   #34
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had a quick look at the qualifying times and the Belcar GT3's were in the 1.08's, the BGT runners 1.11's!
Old 22 Apr 2007, 22:58 (Ref:1898060)   #35
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
I had a quick look at the qualifying times and the Belcar GT3's were in the 1.08's, the BGT runners 1.11's!
Shows ya just how slow the Avons are compared to the Michelins, huh?!
Old 22 Apr 2007, 23:47 (Ref:1898078)   #36
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes but its also worth remembering that in qualifying the VRS Ferrari 430 did a 1:09.954. Sure thats not as fast as a 1:08 but it certainly isnt a world away either.
Old 23 Apr 2007, 06:06 (Ref:1898220)   #37
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
I unfortunately had to skip the Sunday but was present for the Saturday. Can anyone completely clarify the issue with GLPK and the noise test? Apparently it failed, but cars like the 997 RSR and BMW Z4 seemed quite a lot louder than the Z06...!?

Also, no offence to fans of the series, but there are some awful liveries in Belcar this season... (thinks of weird purple/white/black/red striped Viper!?)
Old 23 Apr 2007, 09:09 (Ref:1898326)   #38
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wasn't convinced by the purple wheels on the orange Lotus in Belcar.

The GTCup round of British Gt was even thinner on the ground, as both the Richmond Racing G20 and the Dave Dove Ferrari weren't there. Then the Team Tiger Marcos blew its engine in practice. This meant 3 cars started the race, and only 2 making the finish line. (Although all 3 finished on Sunday).

There was a moment's comedy at the end of the Sunday race and 'Lord' Paul Drayson took the team's "take it easy" request a little too literally and was pipped at the line by one of his team mates.
Old 23 Apr 2007, 12:32 (Ref:1898518)   #39
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus
The GTCup round of British Gt was even thinner on the ground, as both the Richmond Racing G20 and the Dave Dove Ferrari weren't there. Then the Team Tiger Marcos blew its engine in practice. This meant 3 cars started the race, and only 2 making the finish line. (Although all 3 finished on Sunday).
It's been a couple of years since I last went to a British GT race but I was looking forward to going having heard a lot of good things about the series this year. I guess after the F3s at Oulton it was the GTs' turn to have a off weekend. Add the various no-shows to the ones you've already mentioned and I made it 8 cars down on the programme.

Quote:
There was a moment's comedy at the end of the Sunday race and 'Lord' Paul Drayson took the team's "take it easy" request a little too literally and was pipped at the line by one of his team mates.
My first thought was that it was blatant team orders to let the #2 car win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
Knowing Forumla Ford, they will probably remove themselves, somewhere around Redgate on lap 1.
At least I got one prediction right.
Old 23 Apr 2007, 21:35 (Ref:1898904)   #40
Charlies
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
The British GT field was a little thin; I think the programme was a little optimistic and the commentary said some couldn't start after the race on Saturday. Having watched the review of Oulton on Motors TV and seen Jonathan Cocker's reaction to a Lord Drayson mistake, I thought he might need to be restrained after what his Lordship did on Sunday. Minister for Defence Procurement; it's a wonder the Army aren't equipped with water pistols and toy swords. Oh, wait...

Still the Belcar made up for it; something different and quite a good race. Vipers sounded great, except for one that wasn't running so well. It can't be a bad noise when you can hear it and feel it.

Thought the crowd was similar to last year. Probably a bit disappointing, considering I saw some adverts on TV and the weather was much better. All went to the BTCC I suppose.
Old 24 Apr 2007, 18:35 (Ref:1899521)   #41
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went to the last Belcar round at Brands Hatch a few years ago so I had to go and see them this year too. When they went to GT3 rules I was a little disapointed, but I think having the Div.3 class makes up for it a bit, although they are planning to phase that out... It was still a good race all the same. Scary what happened to the green 229 Porsche though, the rim managed to shear itself off the from the hub!

The British GT field was a little thin, it also managed to spread itself out quite quickly too. Good result for Barwell though!

I've put my pictures up if you want to take a look.

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 24 Apr 2007, 21:24 (Ref:1899666)   #42
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The British GT field was a little thin; I think the programme was a little optimistic and the commentary said some couldn't start after the race on Saturday.
From the reports on DSC there was a fair amount of carnage on Saturday-

Team Tiger Mantis- blown engine in first practice
Phil Burton's VRS Ferrari- spun (maybe on oil from the Mantis) and was heavily collected by Tim Mullen in the Hector Lester Ferrari
Moore Racing Viper- heavy impact with the pitwall- needs to go back to ORECA to be straightened out
Cadena Lotus- blown engine in first qualifying

Only the VRS Ferrari made the race, using parts borrowed from the Lester car, which probably needs to go back to Michelotto for chassis repair

Quote:
Having watched the review of Oulton on Motors TV and seen Jonathan Cocker's reaction to a Lord Drayson mistake, I thought he might need to be restrained after what his Lordship did on Sunday. Minister for Defence Procurement; it's a wonder the Army aren't equipped with water pistols and toy swords. Oh, wait...
Apparently Drayson was told to slow down by the team because the car was marginal on fuel- looks as if he did too good a job of it....
Old 25 Apr 2007, 09:47 (Ref:1899955)   #43
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA

Apparently Drayson was told to slow down by the team because the car was marginal on fuel- looks as if he did too good a job of it....
Ah, Not quite, it was the other two Barwell cars that were low on fuel and so they could not risk another lap if His Lordship went over the line before the hour mark. Jonny Cocker's reaction said it all.

I recall a correspondent pouring scorn on this bio-fuel entry somewhere on this site, can't remember which thread but it would appear to be fine so far, certainly in Cocker's hands
Old 26 Apr 2007, 08:10 (Ref:1900700)   #44
MSportUK
Racer

United Kingdom
Worcestershire
MSportUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Photos from Donington Park

Our pics are online at MSportUK.com. Selection below (clicky)...

More Britcar, plus British GT pics are here!