Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 14 Jun 2019, 14:03 (Ref:3910155)   #4401
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I think as much as they have publicized the car with the green and day-glo strip it will have to be that livery in race trim. Fits with the previous Aston projects and much better than the hideous GTE crime on the eyes
I....like the current Aston livery.

#SorryNotSorry
Old 14 Jun 2019, 14:59 (Ref:3910163)   #4402
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

#SorryNotSorry

Seconded
Old 14 Jun 2019, 21:16 (Ref:3910220)   #4403
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

#SorryNotSorry
Order has been restored and we disagree again
Old 14 Jun 2019, 21:30 (Ref:3910223)   #4404
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

#SorryNotSorry
You like Chartreuse Special, huh? It takes all kinds I guess.
Old 14 Jun 2019, 23:35 (Ref:3910240)   #4405
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Anyone think that there may be some marketing issues come 2020? AMR in GTE Pro is sponsored by Total, while the promotional car for the Valkyrie AMR Pro shows Mobil/Exxon/Esso sponsorship?

Even though Prodrive won't have anything directly to do with the LMP1 program, AMR is still AMR at the end of the day.
Old 15 Jun 2019, 02:47 (Ref:3910265)   #4406
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Anyone think that there may be some marketing issues come 2020? AMR in GTE Pro is sponsored by Total, while the promotional car for the Valkyrie AMR Pro shows Mobil/Exxon/Esso sponsorship?

Even though Prodrive won't have anything directly to do with the LMP1 program, AMR is still AMR at the end of the day.
Separate cars with separate teams and programs. Not really anything to see there at all. If they tie the Valkyrie program in with Red Bull they will likely have to run with Mobil/Esso branding. Also probably why they have used the ExxonMobil branding on the promo material
Old 15 Jun 2019, 06:51 (Ref:3910286)   #4407
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I think as much as they have publicized the car with the green and day-glo strip it will have to be that livery in race trim. Fits with the previous Aston projects and much better than the hideous GTE crime on the eyes
I freely admit I'm with you on the yellow. Don't like it at all. It's neither one thing nor the other..... My personal opinion, of course.....
Old 15 Jun 2019, 08:45 (Ref:3910299)   #4408
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's good to have them back in the top class. They are certainly showing how serious they are about it. It's very encouraging for the future of the series
Old 15 Jun 2019, 13:19 (Ref:3910381)   #4409
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Not sure if its been mentioned before, but one of the design goal of the Valkyrie is to be faster round a track than an F1 car.....
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:28 (Ref:3911541)   #4410
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Not sure if its been mentioned before, but one of the design goal of the Valkyrie is to be faster round a track than an F1 car.....
I had a few unrealistic goals in my life too.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 14:12 (Ref:3912188)   #4411
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
What is AMR doing? Probably wishing that they could find the guy who made the BOP change before the race and spend 5 minutes alone with him. Or maybe track down the guy who had the AMR voodoo doll...
Old 16 Jun 2019, 19:12 (Ref:3912247)   #4412
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Funny that because it was on Aston Martin's behalf request insistence etc. that the ACO went with 1100kg and street based cars for their new lmp1 class. That's a tough ask for a road car weighing over 2 tons to beat an f1 car PR fluff is extreme these days
Old 16 Jun 2019, 20:03 (Ref:3912260)   #4413
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
The road car version of the Valkyrie weighs in reportedly at about 1100kg from what I've been able to read about it. I doubt that the Toyota Gazoo Super Sport is much lighter even if it shares a lot of DNA with the TS050.

And it has to be remembered that though it's a "prototype" inspired by a hypercar, Toyota reportedly (if I remember correctly) do want to make a road going supercar/hypercar based on it.

And we also have to remember that other road going "hypercars" weigh a ton compared to the Valkyrie, if we want to be fair and get technical about it.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 20:16 (Ref:3912265)   #4414
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
faster than f1 is just PR....

btw amr valkirye hypercar will be made by multimatic.... likely will be a lmp2 like monocoque fitted with the V12 6.5 and a valkirye look alike bodywork.

The lack of an apparent aero regs. makes me wonder.... just think new hypercars will be >5m longtail cars where most of the downforce comes from the undercar aero to let cars have that hypercar appearence
Old 16 Jun 2019, 20:17 (Ref:3912267)   #4415
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The road car version of the Valkyrie weighs in reportedly at about 1100kg from what I've been able to read about it. I doubt that the Toyota Gazoo Super Sport is much lighter even if it shares a lot of DNA with the TS050.

And it has to be remembered that though it's a "prototype" inspired by a hypercar, Toyota reportedly (if I remember correctly) do want to make a road going supercar/hypercar based on it.

And we also have to remember that other road going "hypercars" weigh a ton compared to the Valkyrie, if we want to be fair and get technical about it.

The toyota SS revealed one or two years ago wasn't built on ts050 carbon monocoque + ts050 v6 drivetrain?
Old 16 Jun 2019, 20:37 (Ref:3912274)   #4416
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
I don't think that the TS050 shares it's tub with the Super Sport. It's LMP1 inspired, but not directly based on it. Engine is shared, as well as maybe the gearbox internals and some suspension parts.

That's one of the reasons I'm wondering about the Valkyrie's suspension. I'm wondering if it uses torsion bars like LMP1 and F1 cars. I can't comment on the Super Sport's front suspension, but the rear looks like coil overs, while the TS050 I'm pretty sure uses torsion bars on all four corners.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 00:10 (Ref:3912330)   #4417
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
btw amr valkirye hypercar will be made by multimatic.... likely will be a lmp2 like monocoque fitted with the V12 6.5 and a valkirye look alike bodywork.
If this was your opinion then you should word it like an opinion instead of making it sound like some inside knowledge.

"Production car" sub-ruleset that would allow homologation of LMP2 with bodykits sounds so stupid that this just can't be true.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 23:16 (Ref:3912573)   #4418
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I don't think that the TS050 shares it's tub with the Super Sport. It's LMP1 inspired, but not directly based on it. Engine is shared, as well as maybe the gearbox internals and some suspension parts.

That's one of the reasons I'm wondering about the Valkyrie's suspension. I'm wondering if it uses torsion bars like LMP1 and F1 cars. I can't comment on the Super Sport's front suspension, but the rear looks like coil overs, while the TS050 I'm pretty sure uses torsion bars on all four corners.
Here's a shot of the rear suspension layout on the Toyota SS, at least the best I could find of it.

I can't find a picture of the Valkyrie's rear setup
Old 17 Jun 2019, 23:24 (Ref:3912578)   #4419
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
I've tried to find the front of the Super Sport, but can't seem to find a good photo of the front end without bodywork on it (at least with suspension elements visible).

And as far as I know, no photos of the Valkyrie exist with the nose or rear clip removed.
Old 18 Jun 2019, 04:30 (Ref:3912599)   #4420
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Funny that because it was on Aston Martin's behalf request insistence etc. that the ACO went with 1100kg and street based cars for their new lmp1 class. That's a tough ask for a road car weighing over 2 tons to beat an f1 car PR fluff is extreme these days
The lowered performance target almost certainly came from the other road car proponents like McLaren. The Senna is nearly 1400kg and under 800hp and the LaFerrari is near 1600kg. The Valkyrie is much closer to a road going prototype and the non-hybrid version could probably get to under 1000kg as a race car while usual hypercars which have similar weights to GTE base cars and GTEs also race around 1100kg.

Valkyrie would be a bit porky but with a big engine like that uncorked it would do some serious lap times at Le Mans. We've seen some overweight transition rules car with big motor throw down pretty hard in the past, that Mercedes C11 pole time of 3:31 at 1000kg in 1991 is still pretty amazing.
Old 18 Jun 2019, 15:05 (Ref:3912677)   #4421
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
BoP in 1991
Old 19 Jun 2019, 05:53 (Ref:3912794)   #4422
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
BoP in 1991
AAAAND Mazda won after lobbying for a BoP concession and getting a weight break compared to the other old-style GrC cars.
Old 20 Jun 2019, 20:45 (Ref:3913178)   #4423
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
I know that a lot of the focus has been either on the Valkyrie LMP1 Hypercar or the current Vantage GTE. But does anyone think that the AM Valhalla (as the AM-RB 003 has been newly named) could have a future in GT racing? After all, it's supposed to be AM's competitor to the Ferrari F8 (488 successor/evolution) and the Lamborghini Hurican, as well as the McLaren 720 and Ford GT. Or will the Vantage continue to be the main Aston Martin weapon in GT racing for the foreseeable future? The Valhalla isn't due to be out for sale until next year as a 2021 MY vehicle.
Old 20 Jun 2019, 20:51 (Ref:3913179)   #4424
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I know that a lot of the focus has been either on the Valkyrie LMP1 Hypercar or the current Vantage GTE. But does anyone think that the AM Valhalla (as the AM-RB 003 has been newly named) could have a future in GT racing? After all, it's supposed to be AM's competitor to the Ferrari F8 (488 successor/evolution) and the Lamborghini Hurican, as well as the McLaren 720 and Ford GT. Or will the Vantage continue to be the main Aston Martin weapon in GT racing for the foreseeable future? The Valhalla isn't due to be out for sale until next year as a 2021 MY vehicle.
One of the - as yet - unexplained parts of the emergence of the AM Hypercar programme is that - in all of my understanding - the Valhalla was initially meant to be the base model for Aston's Hypercar programme - the switch to Valkyrie came late - with the acceptance of programmes based on roadgoing 'hypercars'
Old 20 Jun 2019, 20:59 (Ref:3913183)   #4425
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Well, the Valkyrie weighs (stock) 1100 kg and will have to be, even if the hybrid system is deleted, detuned considerably to meet the ACO's slated 700-750bhp max for new LMP1s. The big V12 will probably be relatively understressed and even if the lightweight Valkyrie (one that loses weight though being made into a LMP1 car) comes to the fore, at 1100kg minimum weight, it assuredly will take quite a bit of ballast to meet that weight.

Also, some aspects of the Valkyrie (F1 style front wing instead of a combination splitter/front diffuser) and the large volume rear tunnels can't certainly be legal under the new LMP1 regs, right?