Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Which car do they choose for the WEC race???
BMW M6 16 34.78%
BMW Z5 15 32.61%
New Coupe based on 7 series platform 7 15.22%
i8 (without hybrid) 3 6.52%
Others (Please stated the car) 5 10.87%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Dec 2016, 08:50 (Ref:3698939)   #101
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkioAsakura95 View Post
I think they will revise this regulation by learning from Gabura Racing that they tuned non-hybrid BMW i8 , so BMW Motorsport can build the M version of BMW i8 as well as the GTE version of BMW i8

https://www.facebook.com/GaburaRacin...80178318757572
http://gabura.de/automotive/
Interesting, thanks.
Old 29 Dec 2016, 13:24 (Ref:3698973)   #102
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I think they will revise this regulation by learning from Gabura Racing that they tuned non-hybrid BMW i8 , so BMW Motorsport can build the M version of BMW i8 as well as the GTE version of BMW i8

https://www.facebook.com/GaburaRacin...80178318757572
http://gabura.de/automotive/
I doubt the ACO cares at all about what independent tuners are doing, and will stick to the manufactures.

There won't be an i8 GTE car. Give it up.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 16:15 (Ref:3711235)   #103
AkioAsakura95
Veteran

AkioAsakura95 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAkioAsakura95 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi everyone, the replacement of BMW M6 GTLM and the BMW WEC car is most likely based on the next generation of 6-series , due to the 8-series is the ultra luxury coupe like Porsche Panamera , Mercedes S-Class Coupe and Bentley Continental GT and the debut of 8-series is in 2019 or 2020 and 2018 for the concept version of BMW 8 series and Current generation of BMW 6 series is discontinue in 2018.

This website is prove that 8 series will debut in 2019 or 2020 while the concept version of 8 series debut in 2018
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...es-return-2020

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...ental-gt-speed

This website is also prove that Current Generation of BMW 6 series is still in production till 2018.
http://www.bmwblog.com/2016/12/17/bm...ptions-my2018/

And this the the spyshot photo for the next generation of 6 series for the Porsche 911 fighter and their rival like Jaguar F-Type , Aston Martin Vantage and Lexus LC to compete against Porsche 911

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1306205

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/01/18/b...py-shots-snow/

http://www.caradvice.com.au/495395/2...-shot-through/

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2017/1/1...eries-7737412/

This is the sketched pictures for the next generation of 6 series.

]

And this is the spyshot and test for the next generation of 6 series.

And this is the next generation of 6 series rival photo:

Jaguar F-Type

Aston Martin Vantage

And Lexus LC

And this is convertible version of trhe next gen of 6 series:

And this is the rival for the next-gen of 6 series

Jaguar F-type convertible

And Aston Martin Vantage Roadster

In conclusion, the spyshot of the car is the next generation of 6 series instead of 8 series , because 8 series is ultra luxury GT Coupe like Mercedes S Class and the photo seems nothing like 8 series due to the low roofline and shallow glasshouse. Hence this spyshot is confirm that next generation of BMW M6 will be use in next season of GTE for WEC and IMSA . Nevertheless, the next generation of 6 series will be rival against other Grand tourer sports car like Jaguar F type , Aston Martin Vantage and Lexus LC .

Everyone do you agree this statement , I hoped you guys are not hesitate to reply this thread for giving the opinion via quoting this post , despite having the long post and you guys can compared the pictured of the next generation of 6 series and the rival for this car and giving the opinion.Thanks for your cooperation!
Old 9 Feb 2017, 20:46 (Ref:3711284)   #104
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think you are correct. For the car to come out swinging right from the box in 2018 the racecar needs to be already more or less in assembly, to be track tested soon (initial testing within 3 months or so), theres no way the new 8-series will be able to do that. Its as you say most likely based on the new 6-series.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 21:07 (Ref:3711285)   #105
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Several websites have been talking for some time that BMW will use the M8 in GTE
Old 9 Feb 2017, 22:09 (Ref:3711299)   #106
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The 6 and 8 are supposed to share underpinnings aren't they? If the 6 is ready, the 8 won't take long. Either way, the mule doesn't look sporty at all. It looks like a two-door 5 series like the current boat. Oh well .
Old 9 Feb 2017, 22:53 (Ref:3711304)   #107
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Several websites have been talking for some time that BMW will use the M8 in GTE
BMW isn't leaking information on the program and Jens Marquadt made that clear. I don't see why any of these magazines would be correct about anything.
Old 9 Mar 2017, 16:29 (Ref:3717542)   #108
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Endurance-info say that according to the rumors heard here and there the BMW GTE-Pro 2018 looks pretty extreme.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/bmw...-du-mans-2017/
Old 9 Mar 2017, 22:31 (Ref:3717611)   #109
GriffM3
Racer

United States
Houston, TX
GriffM3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So all you guys (looking at you Nostradamus Matt) who said it is going to a big boat M8 can go ahead and start eating crow now because "extreme" means something special and BMW know rolling out another boat is just not that.
Old 9 Mar 2017, 23:05 (Ref:3717616)   #110
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It could be an extreme "boat"
Old 10 Mar 2017, 02:40 (Ref:3717655)   #111
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffM3 View Post
So all you guys (looking at you Nostradamus Matt) who said it is going to a big boat M8 can go ahead and start eating crow now because "extreme" means something special and BMW know rolling out another boat is just not that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
It could be an extreme "boat"
For BMW maybe they just take a standard car and stamp the word "Extreme" on the opposite side as "FAST".
Old 10 Mar 2017, 12:57 (Ref:3717744)   #112
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think...

1. The 8 will be ready earlier than you think and the F-type is a target rival.
2. The 6 might be a totally different car.
3. The "Supra/Z4" joint venture will be too small for GTE. GT300 however, seems perfect for it.

M8 is my guess.
Old 10 Mar 2017, 14:06 (Ref:3717771)   #113
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
The butt of the Aston is what you'd call "extreme."

It can be a boat and still be "extreme."

Old 12 Mar 2017, 23:37 (Ref:3718277)   #114
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
And you're quoting a press release over their status as track cars for that extreme??? Way over the top for a reaction about those of us who actually read BMW news and have an M4 on order. It's an M8 with all the extreme aero that is allowed under the new GTE rules. Have you not seen the diffusers, etc on the cars now?
Old 16 Mar 2017, 13:39 (Ref:3719045)   #115
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
From the SGT thread:

Quote:
itle: リアルスーパーカー

写真はHerbert Schnitzerさん自身のM1

大雨で水没してしまった愛車を

全バラしてレストア中の貴重な写真

さて、以前より噂のあったBMW M8の復活

最初のM8は1台きりのコンセプトカー

E31/8seriesにマクラーレンF1用に開発した

Sコードの12気筒載せた怪物

その名前が遂に2019年に復活しそうです。

i8の技術をふんだんに織り交ぜた

CARBONシャーシに

今よりもPOWERUPした

V8/4.4twinturboエンジン

出力は650〜700ps

車重は1500kg近辺だから化物です。

ライバルはフェラーリやマクラーレン

運動性能はそれらを上回るでしょう。

金額的には2000万の後半と予想します。

日本では3000万超える可能性も。

M6GT3下取りに出さないと買えませんw

つまりレースやめないと買えません。

レースやっててM8持ってないStudieと

レースやってないけどM8のデモカーあるStudie

どちらが魅力的ですかね?www

ココばなですが(英語じゃとても書けないw)

2020年からはコレベースのGT3になるって

噂もMotorsportの中には随分前からあります。

そしたらそれ買えばいいのか!

M6GT3下取りで

そうしたらM8(GT3だけど)持ってて

レースもやってるStudieになります。

そうしましょうwww
Which translates to:
Real Supercar
Attachment photo is Herbert Schnitzer's M1.
This is the photo of restoring submerged car.

Next up is rumored revival of BMW M8.
First M8 was only one concept car.
It was a monster which put 12 cylinder engine for Mclaren F1 on E31/8 series chassis.
Its name seems to come-back in 2019.
It will loads V8/4.4 liters twin turbo engine into carbon monocoque.
Output is 650-700ps. Weight is about 1500kg. So indeed it's a monster.
Rivals are Ferrari and Mclaren. The kinetic performance would surpass those.
I expect the price as 25,000,000 yen over. 30,000,000 yen might be exceeded in Japan.
It's so expensive, so we must sell our M6GT3!
Studie which does the race, but doesn't have M8.
Studie which has M8 demo-car, but doesn't race.
Which Studie is more attractive?

Between ourselves, there is a rumor that base car of GT3 will be M8 from 2020 in BMW motorsport!
If so, I should buy it, by selling M6GT3!
By doing this, Studie has a M8, and Studie does race. It's good!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Bring on the boat.
Old 16 Mar 2017, 16:16 (Ref:3719101)   #116
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
At least it's made with a CF monocoque. I have some hope it won't be another big sedan but I think chances are it will be more like the Mercedes S-class coupe. We'll see.
Old 16 Mar 2017, 17:23 (Ref:3719119)   #117
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
At least it's made with a CF monocoque. I have some hope it won't be another big sedan but I think chances are it will be more like the Mercedes S-class coupe. We'll see.
Can we think of a coupe with more than 5 meters?
It reminds me of long-tail cars, and this makes me think of great speed in the straight lines and a huge diffuser.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 10:02 (Ref:3720130)   #118
AkioAsakura95
Veteran

AkioAsakura95 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAkioAsakura95 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Speaking about the M6 GTLM replacement for next year, the vehicle might be next generation of BMW 6 series despite most of the article said that the car is BMW 8 series.
http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1306205
https://paultan.org/2017/03/14/bmw-m...uction-report/

Here is the proof that this car is BMW 6 series instead of BMW 8 series for coupe

The spyshot for the car

The current generation of BMW 6 series

The weight and the height of the spyshot of the car are lighter than the current generation of 6 series coupe (F13). They might think that it is 8 series that because E31 8 series and 6 series are the same lineup. And M8 is the supercar , but next generation of 8 series is completely different with 6 series.

Speaking about the 8 series , it should be more heavier than the current generation of 6 series to rival Mercedes S Class Coupe and Bentley Continental Coupe and they should use Rolls-Royce Wraith or Rolls-Royce Dawn(for convertible) platform to cut the development costs and increased quality and innovation . As they said that 8 series will borrow its design language from the Gran Lusso concept that appeared in 2013 and based on the latest-generation 7-Series' carbon-core construction with using the same platform as Rolls-Royce Wraith. Just like Rolls Royce Ghost is sharing the platform with BMW 7 series.

http://jalopnik.com/the-rolls-royce-...ies-1503009715

https://www.carlist.my/news/bmw-conf...ome-2019/44600

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/b...13-guwrr7.html

And some of the article (the website as shown below) said that they can either the next generation 6 Series family or the new 8 Series. Which means that the spyshot model that I given and the succesor for M6 GTLM is not necessary use BMW M8. Plus BMW M8 use 4.4 V8 twin turbo , which means that it violate the FIA WEC technical regulation for LM-GTE car for next year for the turbocharge engine which not more than 4.0 liter of displacement. The technical regulation of the FIA WEC GTE car as shown as below.

http://www.motor1.com/news/138913/bm...ld-debut-2019/

FIA WEC technical regulation for LM-GTE car.
http://www.fia.com/fia-wec-2017-tech...mologated-2016

In conclusion , the successor for the BMW M6 GTLM is not necessary BMW M8, rather than the different model with the different engine displacement for the other model instead of current generation of M6 or next-gen of M8 used 4.4 V8 Twin turbo.

Everyone do you agree this statement , I hoped you guys are not hesitate to reply this thread for giving the opinion via quoting this post , despite having the long post and you guys can compared the pictured of the the spyshot photo and the current generation of 6 series (F13) and giving the opinion.Thanks for your cooperation!

Last edited by AkioAsakura95; 20 Mar 2017 at 10:09.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 10:26 (Ref:3720133)   #119
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I love the Aston, except that rear diffuser. It looks like it doesnt belong. It is too long and doesnt look like its actually attached to the car, it looks like it could break loose at any minute. From a purely asthetic point of view, I wish they were "taller" and ended at the rear bumper line, however it looks like they have gone for the opposite which is "shallower" and "longer".

Looks aside, from a practical point of view, isn't it prone to damage if the car is nudged at the rear?
Old 20 Mar 2017, 12:57 (Ref:3720165)   #120
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Words and pictures.
Based on the wheels and tires, and the length of wheelbase, that camoflauged car is bigger than the current 6 series.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 14:03 (Ref:3720185)   #121
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Asio, the pictures in your post are not of the 6 series.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 14:05 (Ref:3720186)   #122
AkioAsakura95
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pach233 View Post
Asio, the pictures in your post are not of the 6 series.
@pach233
Which one, is that the camouflage one?

or this one??? or all of them

Last edited by AkioAsakura95; 20 Mar 2017 at 14:10.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 15:02 (Ref:3720194)   #123
pafe
Rookie

Germany
North-Germany
pafe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad to see BMW is building another bulldozer. The fastest GT cars around should also look fast I never was a really big fan of the Z4, but now am missing it.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 19:01 (Ref:3720267)   #124
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Based on the wheels and tires, and the length of wheelbase, that camoflauged car is bigger than the current 6 series.
I thought that as well, but it might be an illusion. The doors seem around the same size and the roofline of the new car drops dramatically.

Despite this, I find myself really not caring about fat BMWs for oil executives. I miss the Z4.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 19:18 (Ref:3720269)   #125
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
I miss the engine of the Z4 the most, that stockcar style growl was wonderful.

Also, we could compare the sizes between the two cars directly based on the license plate...that's the same size between the two.