Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 11 Jul 2001, 10:54 (Ref:115569)   #1
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jarama/Magny Cours

OK,
Having been asked to post a little earlier before the race I'd like to extend the offer of some Renault quality hospitality to all of 10-tenths who might be in the vicinity of Jarama (Madrid) 21/22 July or Magny Cours the weekend after.
Both circuits are going to feature lots of sunshine and lots of V6's, with the M/C round boasting FIA Sportscars as a support race.
I know it's a forlorn hope but if anyone wants to show up, feel free, I should even be able to source tickets for entry as well as 2 4-course meals a day!!!! (With wine!!! this is proper hospitality!)
After the dodgems game at Misano, I am pretty pumped for both these rounds and expect some serious comittment!!!
Cheers
RickP
Old 11 Jul 2001, 17:25 (Ref:115729)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I might be interested in the French round... *if* (and it's a huge if...) I can get time off work, and someone to share travel costs... anyone else interested folks ?
Old 11 Jul 2001, 17:31 (Ref:115732)   #3
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Let's see 21/22 July..
BTCC @ Knockhill
PowerTour @ Donington
Mighty Minis @ Snetterton
V6 Clios @ Jarama

Will someone please have words with whoever writes the schedules.
Old 11 Jul 2001, 17:34 (Ref:115733)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
It's a bugger, isn't it Red ? I'd have loved to have done Jarama, but the Mighty's won out that day
Old 11 Jul 2001, 18:13 (Ref:115748)   #5
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, Jarama is out as I will be in Cuba.

Following weekend is a possible, nearest major airport to Magny anyone? I'm thinking of flying Saturday PM and Sunday PM if there is a suitable flight.

Simon
Old 11 Jul 2001, 19:10 (Ref:115783)   #6
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh for god sakes someone please tell me I can't go.

I am sorely tempted for Magny-Cours!!
Old 11 Jul 2001, 19:18 (Ref:115784)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Simon, Magny Cours is south of Paris. Take a look at http://www.magnyf1.com/tf1magny/site...tion/acces.asp - an airport is shown at nearby Nevers, but i've no idea how major that is ?

That plan of yours sounds good... just spoken to Dan and he's interested too... it's all a matter of how much it'll cost!
Old 11 Jul 2001, 19:21 (Ref:115786)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally quoted by Craig Antill
Les, you can't go!
Old 11 Jul 2001, 20:00 (Ref:115811)   #9
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it doesn't work out to be too expensive, I think a sickie could be thrown at work!
Old 11 Jul 2001, 20:03 (Ref:115815)   #10
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I'm supposed to be at a works barbeque at the bosses house on the Sunday evening... makes France sound even more attractive!
Old 11 Jul 2001, 20:18 (Ref:115824)   #11
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cost with BA will be £95 per person return London - Paris. BA don't fly to Nevers.

Flights from Paris Sunday PM will be full with the dirty weekenders so stand-by tickets will be no good.

Sorry to dear for me.

Simon
Old 11 Jul 2001, 21:27 (Ref:115852)   #12
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Craigy I need a new 'smilie'

I want one with a trembling bottom lip
Old 12 Jul 2001, 06:46 (Ref:115988)   #13
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team,
The option is a minibus and a ferry ticket if you are keen...
It's only 300 miles from Calais, an easy 4 hours...
If you bully cool_running she may be able to get a cheap crossing with my sponsors Sea France, your costs then are just a bit of fuel...
Say you get across the Channel for £200, (should be worse case) and then you use £50 worth of fuel each way, total is £300 + minibus hire?
You should be able to get 8 in a minibus...
No time off work is needed, get a Friday evening boat and meander down through the night, catch up on your sleep in the Sunshine, leave Magny around 5PM Sunday and head back for a 9.30PM boat (get the hour back) you'll all be home by midnight...
Cheers
RickP
Old 12 Jul 2001, 08:39 (Ref:116027)   #14
cool_runnings8
Racer

cool_runnings8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like I've been volunteered for this! OK, If anyone wants to 'bully' me, let me know asap on press@cliosport.com and I'll sort something out with Sea France. Driving would probably be quite cheap, especially with free tickets, hospitality and splitting all costs eight ways. BTW: If I'm organising, I get best seat on Mini Bus ;-)

Rebecca.
Old 12 Jul 2001, 08:49 (Ref:116033)   #15
Veteran

England
Zurich
Wahey, Rebs has volunteered!
If you get it sorted, I will try and source extra decals for the minibus to emulate the race car!
How good will that look?
OK, names to press@cliosport.com to book spaces in that minibus!
RickP
Old 12 Jul 2001, 10:55 (Ref:116067)   #16
cool_runnings8
Racer

cool_runnings8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If someone (CRAIG??????) can get a few quotes for mini-bus hire for the weekend, I'll find out about the ferry and camping at the circuit. If we can get all the prices together by Friday or Saturday, we can decide whether to go or not?
Old 12 Jul 2001, 11:04 (Ref:116070)   #17
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
oh hell.
am sorely temped.
especially as we have a vw caravelle td..
Old 12 Jul 2001, 17:12 (Ref:116195)   #18
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Minibus hire is hideously expensive... especially if you're taking the thing over the water - you'd be talking over £100 a day for that at the weekend...

The most economical thing would be to do what we did for Le Mans and simply take a car... Reb, please find out what prices you can get the ferry tickets for - tell them we're team members or something

I might be brave enough to attemot driving in France even... well, Invader did it, so it can't be that hard Alternatively, if anyone else would like to drive (or has a bigger car!) then i'd be more than happy to ride as a passenger...! (anyone apart from Lee Purnell that is...)

Rick, any chance of some 10 Tenths decals on the car if we're gonna be your official supporters ? 'Others' have done this in return for our 'legendary support'
Old 12 Jul 2001, 17:41 (Ref:116211)   #19
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Whats wrong with my driving???

I am definatly up for it, only problem is I wouldn't be able to drive over there, insurance and all that . If someone else wants to drive me I'll go.
Old 12 Jul 2001, 18:06 (Ref:116217)   #20
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
S**T, S**T, S**T.
After getting all excited about that idea, I will not be around as I am in the land of cheep **** largar that week/weekend. (Wales) I got my dates mixed up
ARSE ARSE
Old 12 Jul 2001, 18:10 (Ref:116219)   #21
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I'm not insured either at the moment... it's the work of a moment though to have the cover upgraded... Anyone know what else i'd have to do to the car for it to be legal over there ? Getting Better sticker, headlamp covers, first aid & bulb kits, etc ?

However... it seems a popular idea, so my var might not be big enough... Dan, Lee, Invader and myself are pretty likely up for it - all comes down to the cost of the ferry... REB ?! Can you maybe get a price for a small car (my Pug) a slightly larger car (eg MPV) and a minibus (Transit/Sprinter size) ?
Old 12 Jul 2001, 18:10 (Ref:116220)   #22
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
oooh... you don't wanna be there... cancel it!
Old 12 Jul 2001, 18:12 (Ref:116222)   #23
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Oh so sorely tempted - go on more details for me please.
Old 12 Jul 2001, 18:12 (Ref:116223)   #24
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
No way out, It is a thing organised by the kids hospital in Bristol, I am helping out with the week ARSE
Old 12 Jul 2001, 18:36 (Ref:116232)   #25
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WOW WOW WOW

A weekend racing ... a trip to france ... and you get to see Rick.... I want to GO!!!!!!!!!