Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Nov 2010, 11:04 (Ref:2791535)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Grand Prix L'age d'Or

U2TC, Pre 63, HGPCA, Stirling Moss Trophy, Woodcote Trophy, Gtscc, and some other grids including a Jaguar only race
Old 17 May 2011, 19:53 (Ref:2881814)   #2
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to say, if anyone's looking for transport of a car to Dijon, we now have one spare space for a saloon or small sports car in a covered transporter. Cost from UK to Dijon and back will be reasonable.

Let me know ASAP if you're interested, or do pass on if you know of anyone.

Thanks!
Old 17 May 2011, 22:02 (Ref:2881876)   #3
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chef

Hi everyone !

if we start talking about l'Age d'Or, then you should look at this link :

http://www.gpao.fr/en/tlchargements.html

You'll find all the informations concerning the event, timetables, instructions,
press release,...

Any questions, PM and I'll answer ASAP.

Best, Duddha.
Old 23 May 2011, 09:40 (Ref:2884319)   #4
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Old 3 Jun 2011, 20:43 (Ref:2890776)   #5
The Flagman
Racer

The Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thinking of taking a break from flagging for this weekend.

Don't suppose anybody could spare a couple of circuit entry tickets. Would be most grateful.

David Morgan
Old 11 Jun 2011, 09:21 (Ref:2895515)   #6
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flagman View Post
Thinking of taking a break from flagging for this weekend.

Don't suppose anybody could spare a couple of circuit entry tickets. Would be most grateful.

David Morgan
Hi David,

what about the organiser offering you the tickets ?

Send us a PM and we'll drop that at the welcome.

Best, Louis.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 12:10 (Ref:2898008)   #7
The Flagman
Racer

The Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks Louis for you kind gesture.

Will send you a PM shortly

David M
Old 16 Jun 2011, 08:27 (Ref:2900015)   #8
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to say that, if anyone is still looking for transport to Dijon, I now have TWO spare spaces, on a transporter leaving from Surrey on Wednesday next week.

Mike Thorne had a nasty accident on the road, testing his Healey on Tuesday evening, and is in hospital with a punctured lung, so he's not going to Dijon.

Let me know ASAP if you're interested, or know someone who is!
Old 18 Jun 2011, 19:25 (Ref:2901570)   #9
Peter Horsman
Racer

Peter Horsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SZ, PM for you

Regards

Peter
Old 20 Jun 2011, 14:56 (Ref:2902418)   #10
pieterbakker
Racer

European Union
Zandvoort (NL)
pieterbakker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A familiar sight when the field is storming down de la Cuvette into the Gauche de la Bretelle, one of the best spots at the Circuit Dijon Prenois to watch the Grand Prix de l’Age d’ Or.

Grand Prix de l' Age d' Or

This year’s Grand Prix de l’Age d’Or will be one of the most if not the most prestigious historic event in 2011, tagged with keywords such as quality and diversity.

You can find a detailed publication about what's going on in the Grand Prix de l' Age d' Or weekend, including links to the official website, video, programme and GPAO on facebook @

http://www.historic-motor-racing-new...x-de-lage-dor/

Enjoy,

Old 20 Jun 2011, 15:13 (Ref:2902422)   #11
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Hey everyone,

as I know that some of you won't be able to come and join us in Dijon,
you can follow what is going on in the organisation team by following my blog which is :

http://duddha.tumblr.com

I'll post everything I can on it as well as on our facebook page.

Here is the link to the FB page :

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Grand...67387873300324

All the best ! Louis.
Old 25 Jun 2011, 19:46 (Ref:2905954)   #12
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone know if results can be found.Louis face book is well err very nice but I would like to find out how the racing went today.
Old 28 Jun 2011, 10:45 (Ref:2907248)   #13
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Anyone know if results can be found.Louis face book is well err very nice but I would like to find out how the racing went today.
Hi Delta,

all the results concerning the GPAO are now online on our website !

Here is the link : http://www.pmorganisation.fr/fr/tlchargements.html

Thanks again to all the drivers who made the trip to Dijon and we hope to see you again !

If not, I'll be in Silverstone
Old 28 Jun 2011, 11:44 (Ref:2907285)   #14
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Always makes me chuckle to see a 1600cc production saloon car running to (allegedly) gp2 regs qualifying faster than a Ferrari 330 GTO which sits on pole in pre 63GT!
Old 28 Jun 2011, 12:24 (Ref:2907313)   #15
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Always makes me chuckle to see a 1600cc production saloon car running to (allegedly) gp2 regs qualifying faster than a Ferrari 330 GTO which sits on pole in pre 63GT!
Just think if Dagenham had the today's technology in respect to Lotus Cortina's we might never have seen GT40's.....

I am equally mystified by the emergence of Corvettes, E Types and Porkers in the Italian Cup - could this be a good example of one series too many....

And whilst we are on a rant if I had an Elite I would be ging to Herr Hans' prepper - that is one mighty quick time for a humble 1220 Climax ....
Old 28 Jun 2011, 12:49 (Ref:2907328)   #16
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
1220 * latest APp K tolerance = 1500
Old 28 Jun 2011, 12:51 (Ref:2907329)   #17
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
1220 * latest APp K tolerance = 1500
I gather its difficult to tell them apart other than by lap tines....
Old 28 Jun 2011, 13:23 (Ref:2907345)   #18
Alan Cox
Rookie

Alan Cox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddha View Post
Hi Delta,
all the results concerning the GPAO are now online on our website !

Here is the link : http://www.pmorganisation.fr/fr/tlchargements.html
I can only find the practice times here, Louis. Presumably the full results will follow?
Old 28 Jun 2011, 14:42 (Ref:2907373)   #19
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
scroll down, they're at the bottom of each document Alan.
Old 28 Jun 2011, 21:17 (Ref:2907605)   #20
fangio
Racer

fangio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
I gather its difficult to tell them apart other than by lap tines....
Horst Auer only builds legal size engines.........
Mine is 1220 and the car has never been changed since I started racing it in the '80s. The only recent change is new wheels because the spokes were breaking and we changed the head for another one because the old one had a gasket failure at Goodwood 2 yrs ago and the head was found to be cracked.
The speed of my car and Michael Gans' Elite on the straight was identical.
Old 29 Jun 2011, 06:23 (Ref:2907754)   #21
simon drabble
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangio View Post
Horst Auer only builds legal size engines.........
indeed he does - he built an extremely good 1500 for my old Eleven.
Old 29 Jun 2011, 08:16 (Ref:2907805)   #22
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Interestingly (or not!) I've extracted more torque and subsequently, power, from methods other than capacity. the smaller capacity motors tend to be more reliable/durable
Old 29 Jun 2011, 20:50 (Ref:2908248)   #23
Alan Cox
Rookie

Alan Cox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
scroll down, they're at the bottom of each document Alan.
Doh! Thanks, Joe
Old 3 Jul 2011, 11:32 (Ref:2917296)   #24
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Since no-one else has said it, I note that our Ten Tenther, Simon Hadfield had a fantastic weekend at Dijon including sorting out the 4 litre 250 GTO (called 330GTO only retrospectively surely?) of Carlo Vogele with my favourite racing car of all time, Wolfgang Friedrich's unique and original Aston Project 212. I've banged on about how quick this car is over the years, and felt like a lone voice, but proof of the pudding is in the eating, so thanks Simon for delivering on my belief!
Old 4 Jul 2011, 15:45 (Ref:2918015)   #25
pomracer
Racer

pomracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dijon

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
Just think if Dagenham had the today's technology in respect to Lotus Cortina's we might never have seen GT40's.....

I am equally mystified by the emergence of Corvettes, E Types and Porkers in the Italian Cup - could this be a good example of one series too many....

And whilst we are on a rant if I had an Elite I would be ging to Herr Hans' prepper - that is one mighty quick time for a humble 1220 Climax ....
I was not there but have heard reports of some pretty aggressive driving in GTSCC, ......and understand the grid was opened up to non italian cars to make up numbers. Only problem was that the race seemed to attract a number of cobras (non genuine) intent on banging doors at 150mph on the straight. Believe Jon Minshaw was punted off , a la touring car style, mid corner ....but then I suppose if you go out to play with the big boys ( or boys with big pockets) then you should expect a bit of that -?