Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 7 Nov 2020, 16:33 (Ref:4015374)   #2901
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I experienced our Very English Lockdown today.

A trip to our local market town, Devizes, to see my "bubble", the Aged Parent, then into town for some (food) shopping before taking some exercise walking around town, a photo treasure hunt in aid of some local charity or other.

Outside Sainsbury's, a line of socially-distanced people. A middle-aged. middle-England lady - "is this where we queue?" - only in England!

In the Market Place there were few cars, but it was bustling with small groups of people, making the place look for all the world like a set for a 1950s drama. Cafes and take aways were doing a roaring trade, and some of the car parking had been turned over to socially-distanced tables for customers.

No permits required to go outside, no texts to central government. As many trips out for exercise as you want, as long as you only meet one person at a time. Tea and cake in the Market Place with your exercise buddy. It was rather pleasant. As I said, a Very English Lockdown.
Old 7 Nov 2020, 16:59 (Ref:4015376)   #2902
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It's OK for you Max, us mere mortals are still under house lockdown quarantine for another week after flying home from Spain. This will be the first time for 20 years that we won't be over wintering in the sun unfortunately and getting bored !! I even resorted to making a time lapse film in the garden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrUKxurD15Y
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 7 Nov 2020, 18:06 (Ref:4015379)   #2903
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Picked a good day to do the time lapse, dark clouds fortunately didn’t open
Old 7 Nov 2020, 18:27 (Ref:4015380)   #2904
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Picked a good day to do the time lapse, dark clouds fortunately didn’t open
True as they don't always work in your favour, however I would prefer to be back in Spain down the front of our "gaf" and making ones like this that I did a couple of weeks back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJCXdUlMyyI
Or this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-AM-s3orSs This was at a local beach bar 3 weeks ago. The lead singer is a journalist who writes books.

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 7 Nov 2020 at 18:35.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 7 Nov 2020, 18:31 (Ref:4015381)   #2905
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Devizes at lunch time.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 7 Nov 2020, 19:16 (Ref:4015387)   #2906
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Have we morphed into A Place In The Sun?
Old 7 Nov 2020, 19:56 (Ref:4015388)   #2907
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
A Place in the Country I think, given these are UK locations

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 7 Nov 2020, 20:05 (Ref:4015390)   #2908
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
I thought you were interested in the one showing our town the other week, in fact they showed our complex on that show. It's a buyers market at the moment (until Brexit)
Old 8 Nov 2020, 04:48 (Ref:4015449)   #2909
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Its a poor show. When I think that sometimes we are told that we have to set the good example for the coming generations… What a farce!
GT40 Terence?
Not a purchase Gérard,but related.😉😊
Old 8 Nov 2020, 07:17 (Ref:4015456)   #2910
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Well done, lucky you. Did you test a Cobra? I'm always surprised to see those cars fitted with very hard suspensions, rodeo style. In the other hand, they all are like that and they win…
Old 8 Nov 2020, 16:00 (Ref:4015496)   #2911
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Enjoyed those vieo clips, Gordon - when we were in Tenerife we often spent time at El Medano marvelling at the skills of the windsurfers and para-boarders

I reckon you should just about complete your quarantine by the time they decide it can be reduced to 7 days
Old 8 Nov 2020, 19:02 (Ref:4015517)   #2912
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Enjoyed those vieo clips, Gordon - when we were in Tenerife we often spent time at El Medano marvelling at the skills of the windsurfers and para-boarders

I reckon you should just about complete your quarantine by the time they decide it can be reduced to 7 days
Yes that would be sods law I have never been lucky in gambling whereas my wife pretty well wins anything she enters, she even wins more on premium bonds per year than me.
The junior world champion at kite boarding (Osaia Reding) lives in Mojacar and trains on our local beach.

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 8 Nov 2020 at 19:09.
Old 8 Nov 2020, 19:17 (Ref:4015524)   #2913
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I too enjoyed your video Gordon,thanks for posting. Me and Mrs Delta spend ages sitting on the beech watching the kite surfers when I am racing down in Cape Town.
Guess that's not going to happen next year. Here is my contribution below a lovely bike ride to work yesterday.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nuffield woods Autumn 2020.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	5.34 MB
ID:	65065
Old 8 Nov 2020, 21:01 (Ref:4015547)   #2914
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I too enjoyed your video Gordon,thanks for posting. Me and Mrs Delta spend ages sitting on the beech watching the kite surfers when I am racing down in Cape Town.
Guess that's not going to happen next year. Here is my contribution below a lovely bike ride to work yesterday.
Attachment 65065
Blimey Iain, the roads down your way could do with a bit of work
Old 9 Nov 2020, 15:11 (Ref:4015662)   #2915
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Blimey Iain, the roads down your way could do with a bit of work
Fast driver would soon clear those leaves Gordon.😃
Old 9 Nov 2020, 15:12 (Ref:4015664)   #2916
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Well done, lucky you. Did you test a Cobra? I'm always surprised to see those cars fitted with very hard suspensions, rodeo style. In the other hand, they all are like that and they win…
😉😉
Old 12 Nov 2020, 07:03 (Ref:4016098)   #2917
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Lockdown apart, what a wonderful world we have. The vaccin is not up and running yet but announced. It won't be cheap to produce, to keep it a low temp and a hassle to make transportation. So only the rich can have it. But because the poor are numerous I guess the rich will have to stay safe at home…*A new kind of freedom you mean? Dont call me cynical, just modern. No, the world is not "going" mad!
Old 12 Nov 2020, 08:00 (Ref:4016100)   #2918
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's very crazy, I read that Mrs Merkle is requesting the EU to close the internal borders for security reasons. This of course is one of the reasons many voted for Brexit. #gofigure
Old 12 Nov 2020, 08:05 (Ref:4016103)   #2919
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post

Chrome moly tig welded 4000nm chassis just like in the 19sixties

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Old 12 Nov 2020, 11:05 (Ref:4016129)   #2920
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I here we are getting another bank holiday in 2022. Queens Jubilee. I shall ask her to pay my rent and rates that weekend.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 11:22 (Ref:4016131)   #2921
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yes indeed we really need a complete day off.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 12:46 (Ref:4016152)   #2922
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A good weekend for a nice big historic festival, and still plenty of time to travel back ready for work?
Old 12 Nov 2020, 13:07 (Ref:4016155)   #2923
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
A good weekend for a nice big historic festival, and still plenty of time to travel back ready for work?
I was thinking along similar lines in the wake of Iain's comment.

I suppose if the lockdown is still going there will be another date in lieu...
Old 12 Nov 2020, 14:04 (Ref:4016164)   #2924
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It's 2022.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 14:12 (Ref:4016166)   #2925
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It's 2022.
But there could still be a lockdown...!
Closed Thread