N.A.Piquet 0 0%
S.Vettel 1 1.05%
Other 5 5.26%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 Oct 2008, 08:33 (Ref:2315669)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race - Grand Prix of China

What a race !

I'm going to bed now. Good night sleep.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 08:37 (Ref:2315675)   #2
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Race win, pole & fastest lap.

Lewis Hamilton.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 08:38 (Ref:2315676)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hamilton.

After the question marks of the last week and the criticism, he responds with pole, win and fastest lap as well just to satisfy those who consider fastest lap as some kind of all important, crucial barometer of a driver.

Alonso and Glock did well too.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 08:47 (Ref:2315685)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
Race win, pole & fastest lap.

Lewis Hamilton.
For the first time this season. Congrats to Luis.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 08:50 (Ref:2315686)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
After the question marks of the last week and the criticism, he responds with pole, win and fastest lap as well just to satisfy those who consider fastest lap as some kind of all important, crucial barometer of a driver.
I agree totally, fastest lap is not important though some people might think that I think that way.
Congrats to Luis, I just wonder why people still thinks he has something to prove.

And you can neg me if you want.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 08:56 (Ref:2315688)   #6
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Giancarlo Fisichella
Old 19 Oct 2008, 09:02 (Ref:2315698)   #7
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For relentlessly running Raikkonen down, then executing that magnificent pass, the Driver of the Race award can only go to Felipe Massa.

</tongue-in-cheek.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 09:13 (Ref:2315713)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lewis drove well today. There was nothing too spectactular, but that is what was needed, as such.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 09:14 (Ref:2315715)   #9
RaiseYourFist
Veteran

United States
USA
RaiseYourFist has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hamilton, today he was even more impressive then Webber!!

but only by a wee bit.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 09:15 (Ref:2315717)   #10
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Usually someone down the field is at least worthy of mention. Sadly, as Martin Brundle pointed out, the only one seemed to be Fisichella, and that wasn't in a positive way.

Lewis finally found his head this weekend. Clean sweep of pole, win, fastest lap.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 09:16 (Ref:2315719)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

And what about Trulli ?
Old 19 Oct 2008, 09:17 (Ref:2315723)   #12
Racer 35
Racer

England
South Derbyshire
Racer 35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good response to last week's red-mist drive. Just about as smooth, considered, and event-free as possible. Never put a wheel wrong, never looked in doubt.
Hamilton gets my vote.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 09:18 (Ref:2315724)   #13
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Much as I had sympathy for Trulli, being driven into by that dodgem racer Bourdais on lap one isn't quite worthy of driver of the day status...
Old 19 Oct 2008, 09:18 (Ref:2315726)   #14
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stewards or Hamilton

Stewards for not intervening or Hamilton just dominating the race

Hamilton get it as its DotR not people of the race
Old 19 Oct 2008, 09:23 (Ref:2315732)   #15
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Massa for the amazing pass on Raikkonen !
No it has to be Hammy
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Oct 2008, 09:49 (Ref:2315760)   #16
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with Martin on this one - Fisichella
Old 19 Oct 2008, 11:08 (Ref:2315809)   #17
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Hamilton,to be fair,did step up to the plate,and done won.Which to be honest,puts him first.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 12:21 (Ref:2315851)   #18
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton did a good job today, but Fisichella gets my vote - he made a dull race interesting.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 12:40 (Ref:2315860)   #19
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTTraces
Fisichella gets my vote - he made a dull race interesting.
Wonder what his breif was?? Go out and get the brand some coverage
Old 19 Oct 2008, 13:13 (Ref:2315882)   #20
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton. Alonso gets honorable mention. Kimi fought the good fight to bad Massa couldn't.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 19 Oct 2008, 13:31 (Ref:2315892)   #21
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lewis hamilton for me as he had the measure of all the other cars including the red ones,and they said just about as much.a pretty good show by alonso in an other wise dull race.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 14:24 (Ref:2315922)   #22
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hamilton - class apart
Old 19 Oct 2008, 14:46 (Ref:2315942)   #23
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Kubica.

Crappy qualifiying, fought his way into the points.
Props to Lewis for not outbraking himself in Turn 1 and consolidating his lead under enormous pressure. As has been pointed out a billion times here though, he won from pole under no threat so I am going to go with the guy who came up through the field.

Alonso once again showed that the speed in qualifying was no fluke and he was in fact turning laps near the pole time in the closing laps of the race.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 16:35 (Ref:2315991)   #24
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Lewis Hamilton..Also a great drive by Kimi, Kubica and Alonso...
Old 19 Oct 2008, 16:36 (Ref:2315992)   #25
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hamilton.

Good job by Barrichello.