Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 Jan 2007, 07:27 (Ref:1811002)   #26
Chad Rogers
Rookie

Chad Rogers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, so far only the MC12's and a pair of DB9's confirmed? I think I read that the GPLK Vette was in.
I am thinking that I might jump across the pond to Silverstone again if the grid shapes up.

Chad
Old 10 Jan 2007, 09:13 (Ref:1811076)   #27
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Rogers
Wow, so far only the MC12's and a pair of DB9's confirmed? I think I read that the GPLK Vette was in.
Chad
I think we'll still see quite a few more entries yet. People are still looking at things and weighing up the new format I suspect.

I reckon we'll see at least one more Vette, a few more Astons and one or two Saleen's.
Old 10 Jan 2007, 11:20 (Ref:1811223)   #28
zarquon
Rookie

Bermuda
zarquon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There should also be at least one Lamborghini I think
Old 10 Jan 2007, 11:57 (Ref:1811281)   #29
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lets hope so, the Lamborghini was a welcome addition to the grid in 2006 and towards the end of the season it was slowly getting more competitve. The new 2 hour race format should help drive down costs for this year, as should the new rules regarding the ammount of parts teams can change during the course of a season.

One thing I am curious about though is the brake pad rule for the Spa 24 hours. Normally teams change brake pads at least once during the race, will the normal rules be thrown out of the window for this 1 event? The sucess ballast penalty system is so im wondering what the situation will be regarding parts for the Spa 24 hours.
Old 10 Jan 2007, 12:33 (Ref:1811312)   #30
Gendebien
Rookie

Gendebien should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarquon
There should also be at least one Lamborghini I think
There will be the same Lambo as last year, Bouchut is confirmed by the team as first driver, second tba.
Old 10 Jan 2007, 14:24 (Ref:1811451)   #31
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gendebien
There will be the same Lambo as last year, Bouchut is confirmed by the team as first driver, second tba.
And surely that car would suit the shorter race format down to the ground?
Old 11 Jan 2007, 19:14 (Ref:1812587)   #32
EuropaBambaataa
Racer

Portugal
EuropaBambaataa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could anyone be interested in running the F550 Evo that Larbre raced in Dubai last year?

I like electronic boom-boom-boom sounds. So what?
Old 11 Jan 2007, 21:00 (Ref:1812681)   #33
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropaBambaataa
Could anyone be interested in running the F550 Evo that Larbre raced in Dubai last year?
I think the question is "does anyone who has an F550 want to pay Prodrive/Care Racing to upgrade their car to an Evo?"

Personally, I hope they do!
Old 11 Jan 2007, 21:17 (Ref:1812701)   #34
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you want to race a Ferrari . . .

The 550 specs
Engine
Prodrive-designed V12, based on original Ferrari block. Dry sump, double overhead cam, 4 valves per cylinder. To comply with regulations 2 x 31.2 mm air restrictors. Fuel tank capacity 100 litres.
Capacity and Power
6 litre – Prodrive increased capacity from original 5500cc to 5853cc
Horsepower - 600+ bhp @ 7000 rpm. Torque - 700+ Nm
Transmission
Xtrac 6-speed sequential gearbox longitudinally mounted at the rear axle."

Source: http://www.care-racing.com/main/techspecs.html

and ppl complain that GT1 cars are not like street cars.

Let see:
Nope no longer a Ferrari engine, Pro-drive engine based on original Ferrari Block.

Nope not a Ferrari transmission, x-trac transmission, same as in the Corvettes, and mounted in back like the Corvette C6.r
Does the AM use an X-trac?
Old 12 Jan 2007, 02:23 (Ref:1812909)   #35
dookie559
Rookie

dookie559 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The street 550 has the transmission mounted at the rear.
Old 12 Jan 2007, 03:11 (Ref:1812930)   #36
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Never thought I would see an Aston Martin racer in this color!!
http://www.projectlemans.de/images/s..._2_low_res.jpg

L.P.

Aston news http://www.project-lemans.de//
Old 12 Jan 2007, 09:47 (Ref:1813077)   #37
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Horndawg I think you have posted in the wrong thread as this doesn't concern FIA GT news.
Old 12 Jan 2007, 15:44 (Ref:1813401)   #38
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Never thought I would see an Aston Martin racer in this color!!
http://www.projectlemans.de/images/s..._2_low_res.jpg

L.P.

Aston news http://www.project-lemans.de//

YELLOW is GOOD color
Old 12 Jan 2007, 19:44 (Ref:1813550)   #39
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It seems Zakspeed can be scratched off the list. According to posters on the gt-eins.de message board Zakspeed has laid off all employees towards end of 2006 in connection with their bankruptcy and lawsuits. No more Zakspeed.
Old 12 Jan 2007, 20:10 (Ref:1813563)   #40
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranald
Sorry Horndawg I think you have posted in the wrong thread as this doesn't concern FIA GT news.
I thought that this was the most likely place to post as there is the heavy SRO / FIA GT connection!!
Quote:
Quote Stephane Ratel, Chairman of SRO, Promoter of the FIA GT Championship
Quote:
Quote from Project Lemans article; and the announced GT4 championship of the SRO.
L.P.
Old 12 Jan 2007, 21:11 (Ref:1813611)   #41
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Sorry Horndawg I must admit I hadn't read the whole piece. That'll teach me. I hope I didn't sound too patronizing. Sorry again.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 02:41 (Ref:1816178)   #42
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not sure if this would go here or there is a seperate FIA GT3 thread. Saw in Autoweek a report about a Ford GT being tuned to enter in the GT3 field. Thought it wasn't homologated, necessary for GT3 racing?, and thought I had seen something about a minimum number of entrants of the same make to race. Would it be allowed as a one car entrant? And the article says PSI Experience is the team building the racer for the 07 season.
(move this to the appropriate thread if I'm in the wrong one)
Old 16 Jan 2007, 10:07 (Ref:1816367)   #43
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Your'e absolutely right about the minimum amount of cars that have to be raced. It is supposed to be 6 but some manufacturers, such as Ascari, were given special dispensation to run 3 cars in their first season so long as they race 6 the next.
Regarding the GT40 as I understand any homologation has to come from the manufacturer and Ford has explicity said that the GT will not be raced, so I have my doubts as to whether we will ever see it out on track. The car is also not in production any more which could prove a stumbling block.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 13:30 (Ref:1816519)   #44
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Your'e absolutely right about the minimum amount of cars that have to be raced. It is supposed to be 6 but some manufacturers, such as Ascari, were given special dispensation to run 3 cars in their first season so long as they race 6 the next.
Regarding the GT40 as I understand any homologation has to come from the manufacturer and Ford has explicity said that the GT will not be raced, so I have my doubts as to whether we will ever see it out on track. The car is also not in production any more which could prove a stumbling block.
It is a Ford GT not a GT40. The GT40 was a Hollyman & Moody GT40 homolgations, the Offical Race Contactor of Ford, not a FORD GT40.
http://www.holmanmoody.com/

The New Ford GT ( no longer in production) would have a difficult time to be homologated as there is almost no place to put a roll cage into the car. Not to mention many other addaptations.

IIRC any car to be homologated must be in current poduction, the Ford GT is not.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 14:16 (Ref:1816588)   #45
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
ANY manufacturer accepted for FIA GT3 can run 3 in the first year - The Apex Jaguar effort intends to do just that for instance.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 16:03 (Ref:1816671)   #46
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Sorry AU N EGL that was a typo.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 19:06 (Ref:1816842)   #47
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Sorry AU N EGL that was a typo.
Not a problem. I got my wrist slapped by a Ford race executive last year when I was looking at the Mustang GT cars.

Like the Corvettes are hologized under Pratt & Miller numbers, not Chevy.

Liability issue or something to do with the agreements that the BIG 3 in the US will never directly have factory racing teams in any sport.
So they just CONTRACT the racing part out.
Old 17 Jan 2007, 09:35 (Ref:1817290)   #48
mirkob
Veteran

Italy
Rome
mirkob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
news from today's SportAutoMoto magazine:

1) BMS should became official Porsche team, running 997s in FIA GT (2007 or 2008?) and then Rs-Spyder

2) Drivers Busnelli-Moccia (Ebimotors) interested to the second C6R of GLPK (so GLPK will have 2 C6R ... any news about this?)

3) Lieb to Proton/Felbermayr
Old 17 Jan 2007, 09:38 (Ref:1817293)   #49
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkob
news from today's SportAutoMoto magazine:

1) BMS should became official Porsche team, running 997s in FIA GT (2007 or 2008?) and then Rs-Spyder

2) Drivers Busnelli-Moccia (Ebimotors) interested to the second C6R of GLPK (so GLPK will have 2 C6R ... any news about this?)

3) Lieb to Proton/Felbermayr
So is the BMS 997 prospect to run them as well as their GT1 Astons or instead of???

Good news about second C6R - hope it comes off.

someones already mentioned the Lieb/Felbermayr story I think, but he is a good driver for that team to sign nonetheless.
Old 17 Jan 2007, 12:51 (Ref:1817473)   #50
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
So is the BMS 997 prospect to run them as well as their GT1 Astons or instead of???

Good news about second C6R - hope it comes off.

someones already mentioned the Lieb/Felbermayr story I think, but he is a good driver for that team to sign nonetheless.
Lieb and Pompidou for Felbeymayer , 997 GT3 RSR .