Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Feb 2001, 14:16 (Ref:66602)   #1
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Vandas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was out testing with a couple of these guys at Phillip Island last weekend, and I can tell you that they are quick. I have a new engine, gearbox, front spoiler system, motech and heaps of extras this season compared to last season, and went out there thinking I was quick. But you get put back in your place when you are hammering around turn 12 about to slingshot onto the main straight at top speed, and you get passed on the outside by this flash, which you only notice when they are about 500m passed you. But hey I was still happy with my times, I just want Daddy to buy me a bigger toy now. hehehe

All these guys getting awesome cars, I need a sponsor. Bad

Old 26 Feb 2001, 07:25 (Ref:66747)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey Vandas, who were the V8 guys testing?
Old 26 Feb 2001, 11:31 (Ref:66773)   #3
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Vandas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Terry Wyhoon was the most noticeable. He was the one that passed me at Turn 12. There was a couple of plain white V8s but I think they were guys trying to test for a drive. they were quick, but not quick compared to Wyhoon.

Good fun weekend, I went out against a porsche cup guy, we had fun especially when he lost it at 10 and then I got on his arse down the straight and into 1

Although he did pull away a fair bit after that.