Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 May 2017, 08:59 (Ref:3731170)   #26
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope he's ok

Who steps up to the plate?
Old 5 May 2017, 09:10 (Ref:3731174)   #27
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mr Massi.
Old 5 May 2017, 12:13 (Ref:3731203)   #28
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
who apparently looked after the perth round last time as Tim was elsewhere in a CAMS role

Last edited by peckstar; 5 May 2017 at 12:40.
Old 5 May 2017, 12:51 (Ref:3731215)   #29
dirtymacca
Racer

dirtymacca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Skaife and Crompton as in previous rounds
Old 5 May 2017, 13:45 (Ref:3731236)   #30
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Smallest Friday crowds ive ever seen.
The mining boom has truly hit.
A few years ago going on a Friday was like a race day and so so busy but today was totally dead spectator wise and the Merch area was empty.

Few observation points from the day

Mobil HSV look like the poor sister with regards to Pit Facilities, Fit-out and merch area which was a small 20 ft container Merch store. Was sad to see based on previous years. Hopefully a new car supplier next might help.

Finally first time ive seen the stadium trucks live.............LOVE IT
Why would you make a new series of utes when these thing are available. Maybe its just me but I was blown away with the speed, the suspension, the racing and jumping. I loved it.

My thoughts only.
Old 6 May 2017, 01:25 (Ref:3731373)   #31
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Quite possibly the most useless place to put the Plus Fitness logo; right where it's obscured by a curve in the body panel.
Theyre listening to you Umai, the Plus Fitness logo has been to the gym and got massive overnight...
Old 6 May 2017, 01:48 (Ref:3731374)   #32
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The size was ok, if that's what they paid for, but the location of the branding wasn't ideal. 6 inches lower, and I wouldn't have said anything
Old 6 May 2017, 03:17 (Ref:3731380)   #33
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Even though its just practice, has there been a time when three 888 cars have been no higher than 22nd?

And when was the last time the top 5 were all Fords?
Old 6 May 2017, 03:36 (Ref:3731384)   #34
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
[QUOTE=mayhem;3731380]Even though its just practice, has there been a time when three 888 cars have been no higher than 22nd?

Probably saving their tyres for qualifying.
Old 6 May 2017, 03:50 (Ref:3731386)   #35
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
To be fair, JW and SVG both had laptimes pulled. (exceeding track limits?)
Old 6 May 2017, 05:00 (Ref:3731393)   #36
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
WOW that moment with SVG was BIG. Caruso almost hit is own teammate then SVG avoided all of them by some fast hands and possibly a miracle, that could have been 3 or more cars out on the spot, plus some injured drivers!
Old 6 May 2017, 06:39 (Ref:3731402)   #37
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Smallest Friday crowds ive ever seen.
The mining boom has truly hit.
A few years ago going on a Friday was like a race day and so so busy but today was totally dead spectator wise and the Merch area was empty.

Few observation points from the day

Mobil HSV look like the poor sister with regards to Pit Facilities, Fit-out and merch area which was a small 20 ft container Merch store. Was sad to see based on previous years. Hopefully a new car supplier next might help.

Finally first time ive seen the stadium trucks live.............LOVE IT
Why would you make a new series of utes when these thing are available. Maybe its just me but I was blown away with the speed, the suspension, the racing and jumping. I loved it.

My thoughts only.
Not surprising but its similar to Townsville economic wise both heading into recessions which hurts crowds immensely. Although crowd looks up today from watching a few previous years of replays the past few years look smaller in my opinion
Old 6 May 2017, 07:04 (Ref:3731404)   #38
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/05/06/...ualifications/

Yes there is rules etc about what happens on a circuit, under Virgin Supercars Manual.
Cams Stewards have to interpret the Virgin Supercars Manual.

Reality check Dutto, you are monitoring from the pits, Why didn't you warn your cars that this was ahead.

Is this the old, "We are the better team, move over for us attitude" ??????

Stiff, every one is on the race track trying different scenarios, maybe they have caught up to you.

Sounding a bit like Collingwood Football Club. We are the biggest and best known club, biggest supporter base , , ho hum, there are others
Old 6 May 2017, 07:38 (Ref:3731406)   #39
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great strategising by Penske, car speed looks next level too.

Marginal bump and run from Lowndes. Dale Wood needs to know when he's defeated.
Old 6 May 2017, 07:40 (Ref:3731407)   #40
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Penske looking good,

T8 racing for 3rd
Old 6 May 2017, 08:20 (Ref:3731418)   #41
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What the hell was the Kelly brothers and De Silvestro doing in Qualifying today. I don't like SVG, but I don't want to see that happen. Plain stupidity and all 3 need to be on a warning for something as severe as that, next time it should be a hit in their pockets and points off the super license. 78 was almost stopped and Caruso and SVG couldn't do a thing. Absolute stupidity at its finest.
Old 6 May 2017, 08:24 (Ref:3731419)   #42
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/05/06/...ualifications/

Yes there is rules etc about what happens on a circuit, under Virgin Supercars Manual.
Cams Stewards have to interpret the Virgin Supercars Manual.

Reality check Dutto, you are monitoring from the pits, Why didn't you warn your cars that this was ahead.

Is this the old, "We are the better team, move over for us attitude" ??????

Stiff, every one is on the race track trying different scenarios, maybe they have caught up to you.

Sounding a bit like Collingwood Football Club. We are the biggest and best known club, biggest supporter base , , ho hum, there are others
I think its the 'I don't want a driver dead' attitude. As far as I am concerned, 15, 78 and 7 all need a heavy penalty. That could have been massive, I am not SVG fan, but he or any other driver shouldn't be put at risk. Caruso was in the same boat, couldn't do a thing. Sorry but while the teams are supposed to look out, which they did, they couldn't see this and its not the teams fault.

With the get a reality check attitude you are saying you don't care about driver safety. Someone definantly needs a reality check and it isn't Mark Dutton
Old 6 May 2017, 08:26 (Ref:3731420)   #43
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Penske looking good,

T8 racing for 3rd
Pretty awesome championship coming about, T8 v DJRTP v PRA
Old 6 May 2017, 10:47 (Ref:3731449)   #44
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Penske looking good,

T8 racing for 3rd
There is a missing at 888 this year.

The weight of those Holden logos distracting them ?

WP is off the pace too it seems....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 6 May 2017, 10:52 (Ref:3731450)   #45
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
There is a missing at 888 this year.

The weight of those Holden logos distracting them ?

WP is off the pace too it seems....
you would think GT, while missing the cash. might be happy with his decision
Old 6 May 2017, 11:13 (Ref:3731451)   #46
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm pretty disappointed by Scotty Pye this year. I expected more, he showed in the past that he's capable of some good results and I hoped that in Mobil 1 HSV Racing he will make simply better results. Ok, Walkinshaw is not very competitive so far but Pye is regularly off the pace of Courtney and shows no flashes of speed. That's disappointing as well as the whole Walkinshaw's form this year.
Old 6 May 2017, 11:31 (Ref:3731455)   #47
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
De Silvestro cops penalty for qualifying incident

Quote:
Stewards have issued a five-place grid penalty for Sunday’s race to Simona de Silvestro after impeding Shane van Gisbergen and Michael Caruso during qualifying at the Perth Super Sprint.
also of interest in the exciting battle for 20th at the end

Quote:
Stewards also confirmed that Scott Pye has been relegated to 20th behind Cameron Waters for exceeding track limits on the run to the chequered flag.
Old 6 May 2017, 11:38 (Ref:3731458)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
you would think GT, while missing the cash. might be happy with his decision
Mr Tander has the best bit of the WP solution, the InnoV8-developed WP-made engine under the bonnet..

Did WP make the wrong driver pick?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 6 May 2017, 11:47 (Ref:3731459)   #49
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Tander has the best bit of the WP solution, the InnoV8-developed WP-made engine under the bonnet..

Did WP make the wrong driver pick?
To be fair to Scotty, Walkinshaw aren't competitive. As Murphy said, they are missing Garth. In saying that, they have been on the downfall since 2010.
Old 6 May 2017, 15:01 (Ref:3731540)   #50
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I'm pretty disappointed by Scotty Pye this year. I expected more, he showed in the past that he's capable of some good results and I hoped that in Mobil 1 HSV Racing he will make simply better results. Ok, Walkinshaw is not very competitive so far but Pye is regularly off the pace of Courtney and shows no flashes of speed. That's disappointing as well as the whole Walkinshaw's form this year.
Yeah Im disappointed with Scotty as well and was expecting big things forom him however I think the whole team has suffered at the withdrawal of cash from Holden. As I stated they look like the poor sister sadly