Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 22 Feb 2008, 12:20 (Ref:2134951)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pedrosa criticises Hayden development ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
When he has had this responsibility before he didn't do much good, but at the moment I can't do anything other than try to heal quickly in order to make up for the lost time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky
I know that Dani talks badly about me, but I don't care. I'm not worried about what he may say or think about me. I do my job and the team have faith in me, even though Dani says otherwise.
I read that somewhere and I laughed. I think people should look most of all at what they do, at their problems, and not always looking at and passing judgement on others.
What happens is normal, because the world of motorbikes is full of hypocrisy. That's why I behave differently: here, in this environment, I only talk about racing, and that's it.
Classy kid this Daniel Pedrosa. Let us hope he wins a premier class title one day (like Nicky) to go with his giant inflated ego.
Old 22 Feb 2008, 14:06 (Ref:2135032)   #2
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rule 1 of bike development -

DON'T FALL OFF ON THE 1ST DAY OF TESTING!!!
Old 22 Feb 2008, 14:12 (Ref:2135034)   #3
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Where did you get that Nicky Hayden quote? That Pedrosa bloke is a weird one, isn't he? It's a shame, cause he is a good rider.

Is he right though? Since Rossi, left Repsol Honda have won 7 or 8 times? However, last years bike was a dog to start with and at the end of the year it was second to Ducati and with Hayden always doing the main test works, he deserves some credit for that.
Old 22 Feb 2008, 14:58 (Ref:2135072)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Losing Rossi and Burgess at once was the problem for Honda, although the other Honda teams have had their moments. Nicky is unproven as a test/development guy though, and probably not as quick as Dani.
Old 22 Feb 2008, 15:20 (Ref:2135092)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think on a 990 Nicky was the quicker of the two, and rememebr when he came to teh grid there was no real idea of going 800.

If Pedrosa isnt strong enough to force his will on HRC then that is his problem, that is what Gardner, Mick, Rossi etc all did with HRC. If you dont do ith they will jst build what they think is right and then expect you to win whatever!

I doubt Hayden is really that rubbish, he may not know how to deveop as well as a Rossi or Haslam or Lawson but he must oprovide so much data, he works his butt off.

But I do think their styles are so disparate that its always going to hinder the bikes development, its like comparing Schwantz with Cadalora!!
Old 22 Feb 2008, 15:24 (Ref:2135095)   #6
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there is no need to drag Nicky through the mud like that and make him look bad when he is far from it, like Dani is some super hero developer havn't seen it yet, Nicky has a World Tittle Dani don't, if i was Nicky i would put one on the little prick. atleast Nicky isn't the one crahing and having to skip the test. he might have skill but i never have liked Dani's attitude never will, but i have always liked Hayden's and thats why i'm a fan of his and not Dani.
Old 22 Feb 2008, 15:49 (Ref:2135102)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65267

I thought I'd left the link in my opening post, apologies.
Old 22 Feb 2008, 17:51 (Ref:2135169)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Erm Pedrosa actually has three world titles! Ok not in the big class but his pedigree at 125 and 250 was better than Rossi's!
On a bit bike though he seems a little weak in his opinion and if he is going to win on Honda bikes he has to be more like Stoner and throw teddies when things go wrong!

Rossi is a one off, people call Pedrosa a robot but Vale has a Senna like ability to remember the tiniest details from a test run and prioritise them to sort the most important things first, not sure of Dani can do this.
Old 22 Feb 2008, 18:07 (Ref:2135181)   #9
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nothing new here unfortunately. Pedrosa has been trash talking Hayden since the Valencia race last year. He has no class for sure. And I'm sure that parrot on his shoulder (Puig) is filling his mind with plenty of thoughts.
Old 22 Feb 2008, 19:11 (Ref:2135224)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Contrast it to how Hayden reacted when he got mullered by Pedrosa at Estoril 2006.

Big difference.

Also, who carried out all the development on the hybrid bike in 2006 whilst fighting for the title?

Last edited by Knowlesy; 22 Feb 2008 at 19:13.
Old 22 Feb 2008, 20:23 (Ref:2135253)   #11
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It means nothing really, but I just have to say:

World Motorcycle Championship (i.e MotoGP) titles:

Nicky Hayden - 1

Dani Pedrosa - 0

Shut up and ride for crying out loud.
Old 22 Feb 2008, 20:56 (Ref:2135276)   #12
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I love this part of the article:

Shinichi Kokubu, project leader of the RC212V at HRC, added that Pedrosa was wrong about Hayden.

"Pedrosa is wrong when he says that Nicky doesn't know how to develop a bike," he said.

"In fact, Nicky's comments are the the same as Dani's. The problem is that they have completely different riding styles, so each of them wants a different thing. But on the basic indications they are very similar."

Kokubu also denied Pedrosa's crash at Sepang had been caused by a problem with the bike, as suggested by the Spaniard.

"Pedrosa is wrong in this case too, because his crash was not caused by a technical problem. At that moment we had the new chassis and new tyres, the bike wasn't yet set-up in a way suitable to make certain checks, so it was not ready to be pushed hard."

So, to summarize, Pedrosa is just wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfit
Rule 1 of bike development -

DON'T FALL OFF ON THE 1ST DAY OF TESTING!!!

Last edited by jhansen; 22 Feb 2008 at 21:00.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 13:01 (Ref:2143231)   #13
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Pedrosa is a little sulk. No need to say that. Hayden reacted well to it, I'm sure he won't let it get to him.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 17:41 (Ref:2143439)   #14
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
If any of you guys get teh chance buy a copy of teh February Motorcycle Racer mag with the test of Rossis 800 Yam.

The technical part by Sir Alan reveals some fascinating data about the new bikes and why teh Duke is so quick, a lot to do with fuel consumption

Real interesting
Old 3 Mar 2008, 22:43 (Ref:2143643)   #15
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1manoz
It means nothing really, but I just have to say:

World Motorcycle Championship (i.e MotoGP) titles:

Nicky Hayden - 1

Dani Pedrosa - 0

Shut up and ride for crying out loud.
Hmmm, 'cos Hayden decimated the rest of the field in 2006, didn't he...?
Old 3 Mar 2008, 23:23 (Ref:2143671)   #16
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh, the "Kenny Roberts" argument...
Old 4 Mar 2008, 00:38 (Ref:2143725)   #17
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
Oh, the "Kenny Roberts" argument...
Kenny who?
Old 4 Mar 2008, 01:05 (Ref:2143735)   #18
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy Diff
Well, he did finish 37 points ahead of Pedrosa, which is more relevant.

Last edited by jhansen; 4 Mar 2008 at 01:43.
Old 4 Mar 2008, 12:31 (Ref:2144099)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy Diff
Well, yes. He won the title.
Old 4 Mar 2008, 20:06 (Ref:2144421)   #20
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Well, yes. He won the title.
Yes he did. But he didn't decimate the rest of the field (actually, decimate is the wrong word to use as it means to destroy by ten fold, so I'll use something else instead from now on).
Old 4 Mar 2008, 20:11 (Ref:2144425)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well, no he didn't. But you don't have to.

He still beat a good field to a championship in one of its most competitive years ever.
Old 6 Mar 2008, 08:58 (Ref:2145462)   #22
The Used
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
The Used should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perdosa always has been a sour, negative looking little man. He needs to loosen up and and smile a bit more.

Hayden responded well. Shows the true difference in maturity.
Old 6 Mar 2008, 14:34 (Ref:2145674)   #23
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Its actualyl really interesting coz I think everywjhere apart from the extremely nationalistic (even more so than OZ) SSpanish he is seen in a bad light

I really do think that if he was given the chace to get out of Puigs and Repsols shadow he could be a really pleasant kid, but they own him so much
Old 6 Mar 2008, 17:15 (Ref:2145781)   #24
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Good point chunder. He just might be completely different away from Puig.