Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Aug 2009, 02:20 (Ref:2516558)   #76
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari is synonymous with red and Bugatti is synonymous with blue. Have you seen a Formula One Ferrari that hasn't been painted red lately?

I think this proves the point Ford is trying to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post
Blue = Bugatti

Red = Ferrari

GM and Ford are both kidding themselves if they think THEIR colours matter one bit.
Old 6 Aug 2009, 02:51 (Ref:2516566)   #77
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone ever noticed that GM and Ford just have different shades of Blue in there corporate logos??

I was once told that a former Holden executive, who was bought in from the States for while a couple years ago, wanted Holden to stop using the red that it does. He was very quickly told to forget about that and didn't last much longer out here.

A Ferrari F1 car in red is one thing FF, but what about all there other race cars. I remember one Green 550 that graced the shores of this country a couple years back.

I don't know of any other manufacturer that sells or runs there own teams in the world that would only allow it's race cars to be painted in one specific corporate colour, excluding F1.
Old 6 Aug 2009, 03:15 (Ref:2516571)   #78
nomad_n
Racer

New Zealand
gold coast
nomad_n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
Anyone ever noticed that GM and Ford just have different shades of Blue in there corporate logos??

I was once told that a former Holden executive, who was bought in from the States for while a couple years ago, wanted Holden to stop using the red that it does. He was very quickly told to forget about that and didn't last much longer out here.

A Ferrari F1 car in red is one thing FF, but what about all there other race cars. I remember one Green 550 that graced the shores of this country a couple years back.

I don't know of any other manufacturer that sells or runs there own teams in the world that would only allow it's race cars to be painted in one specific corporate colour, excluding F1.
mmmm what to say - this is way off topic but you should really look at Torro Rosso then if Ferrari are suppose to be red then how come they aren't - oh thats right it's painted in Sponsorship colours.... mmm this would be the same for T888 as well.....
Old 6 Aug 2009, 03:18 (Ref:2516573)   #79
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Torro Rosso is a Torro Rosso, not a Ferrari; your analogy fails.
Old 6 Aug 2009, 03:23 (Ref:2516578)   #80
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Other than in F1, I don't think anywhere else in the world where you find motor racing spectators with the brand loyalty we have in Australia. Not even in the USA in NASCAR.

So I don't think the situation here can be compared all that well with other categories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
Old 6 Aug 2009, 03:52 (Ref:2516582)   #81
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
more from Whincup here...blah blah blah...

Quote:
Booing our Holden decision wasn't right
Quote:
I AM absolutely exhausted after eight days of answering fans' concerns about our switch to Holden, plus a tough Sandown round and then a ride day at Eastern Creek.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 6 Aug 2009, 04:23 (Ref:2516586)   #82
Bimmerhead
Racer

Bimmerhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My heart just breaks for the poor little treasure......NOT!!
Old 6 Aug 2009, 04:48 (Ref:2516590)   #83
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
Ferrari is synonymous with red and Bugatti is synonymous with blue. Have you seen a Formula One Ferrari that hasn't been painted red lately?

I think this proves the point Ford is trying to make.
Come on FF, where are you.
The "red" F1 Ferraris are a cop to the sponsorship of Marlboro.
The "real" F1 Ferraris were scarlet.
Old 6 Aug 2009, 05:43 (Ref:2516593)   #84
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Blue = Bugatti

Red = Ferrari

GM and Ford are both kidding themselves if they think THEIR colours matter one bit.
Huh, two of the biggest corporations on Earth and Ford are kidding themselves about their corporate colours?

Next you'll be telling us Coca Cola shouldn't worry about being red and Pepsi ****ed 300 million quid up the wall changing it's colours to blue...

Hell I didn't even know Bugatti's (small exoticar manuacturer) corporate colour was blue until you said it!
Old 6 Aug 2009, 06:58 (Ref:2516609)   #85
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Other than in F1, I don't think anywhere else in the world where you find motor racing spectators with the brand loyalty we have in Australia. Not even in the USA in NASCAR.
Last time I checked the fans didn't welcome Toyota to the NASCAR family with open arms...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 6 Aug 2009, 07:32 (Ref:2516621)   #86
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
time was when the works Fords were red and the works Holdens were blue......
Old 6 Aug 2009, 09:47 (Ref:2516673)   #87
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
A Torro Rosso is a Torro Rosso, not a Ferrari; your analogy fails.
Ferrari F1 is owned by Ferrari... 888 is not owned by Ford...

The only question is whether Ferrari give Torro Rosso anything in kind.. whether that be Engines at less than market rate etc etc.
Old 6 Aug 2009, 09:50 (Ref:2516676)   #88
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess the question is not about whether these corporations should have corporate colours... the question is whether having a race car in those corporate colours is more important than having a race car that wins races....

Personally I think it's an easy answer... just take a look around at the Merchandise people are wearing, it's amazing how fans flock to the team up the front.
Old 6 Aug 2009, 11:01 (Ref:2516707)   #89
bullit
Rookie

Australia
up a tree on a mountain
bullit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what was whincup expecting the response to be? the ford holden rivalry is based on tribal lines and regardless of who is to blame you are taking your highly successful bat and ball over the road so roland can afford a few more exotic ducatis in his shed! whincup has spoken of t8 fans lately and i think they expect a lot of there fan base to move across with them, wouldnt bet the farm on that , i would expect a great deal of there fans are feeling quite ripped off that they are losing the gun ford team and may well want davison to win the championship this year instead of having a hogster deliver the number 1 to holden. anyway more power to djr and pcr , reckon they could wander into the median strip of the freeway for a chat and form an alliance, this would help both save some bucks and push development.
Old 6 Aug 2009, 11:03 (Ref:2516709)   #90
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Whincup
Speaking of the fans, I was a bit concerned about the boos from the crowd that Craig (Lowndes) and I got.

There are always some in the crowd who want to play it that way and I suppose it's understandable
Pffft. Get used to it tiger, the noise will be deafening when you win your first race in a Holden.
Old 7 Aug 2009, 09:45 (Ref:2517254)   #91
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

RD fires back...

http://i25.tinypic.com/14v2qoi.jpg

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 7 Aug 2009, 10:13 (Ref:2517274)   #92
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anyone is surprised by this response, they probably don't have any understanding of what running a team takes.
Old 7 Aug 2009, 10:39 (Ref:2517284)   #93
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think FPR and SBR created this in order to get a parity bump. Look Ford, there's no way we can make our cars as fast as HRT. Why don't you dump T8, make them winge and cry and join Holden, they'll get a parity hit that'll slow T8 AND HRT, and we can put Frosty or Shane in a champions jacket.

What do ya think? Machivalian or what huh? Huh? Hey, get to save some bucks too.

All we need is a reason. You got any fine print in these pamphletts? A microdot we can blow, AND appear to hold the high ground? Remember Rick's championship year, they got a wingers rep, there's gotta be a clause...

oooooo, Blue colours... hey you think we can hit Johnson's with this too?
Old 7 Aug 2009, 10:40 (Ref:2517285)   #94
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
"Lies" as Dane put it! It wouldn't be the first time Ford has spread lies (even with Burela at the helm) would it?

I hope Ford respond again to Dane's reply because Ford will only sink themselves deeper into the mire.

Popcorn!
Old 7 Aug 2009, 12:22 (Ref:2517330)   #95
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby View Post
"Lies" as Dane put it! It wouldn't be the first time Ford has spread lies (even with Burela at the helm) would it?

I hope Ford respond again to Dane's reply because Ford will only sink themselves deeper into the mire.

Popcorn!

Old 7 Aug 2009, 23:34 (Ref:2517624)   #96
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Blue = Bugatti

Red = Ferrari.
I think that's actually:

Blue = France
Red = Italy.

Proper Ferraris are yellow and black...