Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Aug 2012, 03:47 (Ref:3118854)   #51
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I finally started watching some of last years shows. So far my feeling is, it is what it is, a reality show with all of the feel of such a show, so you don't have high expectations. There is all the usual "frankenbiting" and creating little dramas and phony rivalries that goes on.

Some of the driving exercises look bland, but on the other hand if a driver can't pass a driving test or do a simple swerve to avoid and stop on a mark, you probably don't want him in a V8 Supercar.

When I get ahold of this current season I will watch it through.
Old 12 Aug 2012, 10:13 (Ref:3118913)   #52
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
I'm not bothering to watch the show as i will wait and hopefully they will bring out a Shannons Supercar Showdown/ The Shire double DVD pack.
I'd buy that..

And then cleanse it with fire
Old 17 Aug 2012, 23:51 (Ref:3121222)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The ratings for this must be right up there with Sarah Murdoch's Everybody Dance Now...

... consigned to 7Mate today (Saturday) at 1pm!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 18 Aug 2012, 00:17 (Ref:3121228)   #54
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lucky I have things to do!
Old 18 Aug 2012, 03:27 (Ref:3121257)   #55
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well when you look at the sponsor family, you realise that an Australian must win so it's a pointless watch.
Old 18 Aug 2012, 04:00 (Ref:3121260)   #56
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And this week... Mr Le Brocq got himself eliminated... a few miscues in the driving challenge... not being at the top of the class in the fitness challenge... and that's it..

Texas Ed put the mockers on Mr Le Brocq by suggesting that he wouldnt lose any sleep if Mr Le Brocq departed...

For the first time they had one of the Kellys doing one of the tests, the motokhana one, and compared their times with the contestants (who were 5s+ slower)... pity they werent there for the fitness test.. could have been an interesting comparison

No reason a Kiwi cant win, no reason a motoring journo cant win either...
Old 18 Aug 2012, 04:21 (Ref:3121261)   #57
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Missed last weeks ep but caught this weeks show. Part of me thinks its not worth watching cause its just awful but the other part of me wants to watch it because its so damn awful.

Nothing against Amac but if he won then this show would be even more of a joke then it is. My tip is Andre but it wont be a massive setback for him if he doesnt win, he'll just get a drive with someone else in the future and probably in a better car too.

Great to see Murph taking a hardline with the contestants. 'Im not here to make you feel good'. Pure Murph, no acting required there.
Old 18 Aug 2012, 04:52 (Ref:3121268)   #58
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was this filmed before or after the back surgery?
Old 20 Aug 2012, 10:40 (Ref:3122026)   #59
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Anyone else want 'Texas Ed' to get kicked out next?
I don't know why he's bothering with this show?

Although how he got to be on the show is seems obvious here: http://www.duntovmotors.com/about.php

Seems the former Kelly Racing Performance director now Walkinshaw Engineering man used to work for young Ed and his dad!
Old 9 Sep 2012, 02:04 (Ref:3133039)   #60
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So... as of yesterday... its down to 4 contestants..

How did we get to 4... well in a 'The Block-esque' style flash back, the SSS brought back a contender from last season's show... Dreamtime Racing's 2012 reserve driver Ms Samantha Reid!

The boys were shocked... as you might expect...

I understood Ms Reid has had several runs in one of the Dreamtime Commodores at Winton... an unfair advantage?

Back on planet earth.. of the comments the teev show displayed about the driving of the competitors, Mr Dixon seemed the most positive... a spin in the mud not withstanding... while Mr Wood was called out to not have improved much (i.e. was slow..) and Mr Heimgartner the only one of the three not to fall off (although he did lock a brake and made smoke at one point..)

Any pick on a winner?
Old 13 Sep 2012, 09:17 (Ref:3135276)   #61
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Denyer Out??

Wonder whether Ms Reid or Mr Waters will join this year's winner in the SCA Bathurst 1000 entry?
Old 13 Sep 2012, 09:21 (Ref:3135277)   #62
Umai Naa
Veteran

It'd make sense to put Mr Waters in.

Maybe Mr Villenueve will make a return?
Old 18 Sep 2012, 12:14 (Ref:3137777)   #63
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
While Ms Reid was punted this week... leaving Mr Wood, Mr Dixon & Mr Heimgartner still in the running...

Wonder if Mr Denyer is back on deck yet?
Old 18 Sep 2012, 12:25 (Ref:3137787)   #64
Umai Naa
Veteran

So they let her back in, only to kick her out again?

Makes sense.
Old 23 Sep 2012, 00:05 (Ref:3140097)   #65
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Not too much has made sense this series...

The three of them were put through their paces, one went off at speed (Jesse) and nearly destroyed the car, Andre locked up a brake and I reckon Glen was slow...

Yet there was no elimination...

... only a 3 way shootout to get the ride based on one lap pace...

Given that these guys have had maybe 20 laps in the V8Supercar in their whole lives at this point, does anyone else think it nutsy that the way they will win their seat seems to be fastest time of the day.. in an unfamiliar car... and one they havent really mastered yet?

SSS car + rookie + walls + offs = crash risk??
Old 24 Sep 2012, 12:20 (Ref:3140867)   #66
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
SSS car + rookie + walls + offs = crash risk??
Deja Vu?
Old 24 Sep 2012, 20:24 (Ref:3141064)   #67
douglasjames671
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
douglasjames671 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddouglasjames671 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In all seriousness, the way David Thexton was lambasted years ago, and still managed to pull a respectable result at the mountain, endorses the idea that you have to be driving these cars regularly . . . to throw a rookie to the wolves at Mt Panorama is playing with fire
Old 28 Sep 2012, 11:33 (Ref:3143050)   #68
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So... Mr Waters replaced Mr Denyer... and Dreamtime Racing pulls the pin...

Presumably a couple more Linde Materials Handling stickers may now appear on the #23 jigger...

Of interest.. given the pullout, KR may not have needed the LDM Commodore for the SSS exercise...

Winner of the 2nd seat shown on 7mate on Sunday @ 1pm...
Old 28 Sep 2012, 12:08 (Ref:3143084)   #69
Umai Naa
Veteran

Not which of the two cars is a better proposition.

LDM nugget, or Kelly Krate?
Old 30 Sep 2012, 03:50 (Ref:3143973)   #70
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
And the winner is...

Jesse Dixon....

Old 30 Sep 2012, 04:33 (Ref:3143983)   #71
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't understand how someone with positive V8ST and Carrera Cup experience gets beaten by someone who's only got a few V8 Ute and Suzy Swift races under his belt. But nonetheless, well done Jesse. Hopefully his performance next Sunday is beneficial to his future prospects.

Was Grant Denyer doing the narrating? From the little clips I've seen on the final, it was someone else. Weird...
Old 30 Sep 2012, 04:41 (Ref:3143985)   #72
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
I don't understand how someone with positive V8ST and Carrera Cup experience gets beaten by someone who's only got a few V8 Ute and Suzy Swift races under his belt. But nonetheless, well done Jesse. Hopefully his performance next Sunday is beneficial to his future prospects.

Was Grant Denyer doing the narrating? From the little clips I've seen on the final, it was someone else. Weird...
You kinda get the feeling that the pressure got to Mr Heimgartner.. unfortunately. He will get his shot.. and from all reports has plans in train for him over the next few years.. when he is better prepared perhaps..

I didnt think it was Mr Denyer narrating... maybe his shoulder injury affected his vocal chords somehow?

Mr Dixon is a young guy who has been quick in Swifts, ok in utes, but not really against primo talent at the top of the tree. But everyone has to learn somewhere..

If nothing else, its firstly a free ride, secondly an introduction into how big time motorsport works, thirdly it gets his backside trackside for the biggest motor race in the country...

Sure the car is not the best, and his codriver still light on experience.. but its a start..

Any predictions as to the B1000 result?
Old 30 Sep 2012, 05:04 (Ref:3143987)   #73
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You kinda get the feeling that the pressure got to Mr Heimgartner.. unfortunately. He will get his shot.. and from all reports has plans in train for him over the next few years.. when he is better prepared perhaps..

I didnt think it was Mr Denyer narrating... maybe his shoulder injury affected his vocal chords somehow?

Mr Dixon is a young guy who has been quick in Swifts, ok in utes, but not really against primo talent at the top of the tree. But everyone has to learn somewhere..

If nothing else, its firstly a free ride, secondly an introduction into how big time motorsport works, thirdly it gets his backside trackside for the biggest motor race in the country...

Sure the car is not the best, and his codriver still light on experience.. but its a start..

The best that car can hope for - regardless of who's sitting in it - is a finish within two laps of the leaders. To finish the race with a clean car would be a great result for all involved.

Yes everyone has to learn somewhere - but is the Bathurst 1000 a suitable somewhere to be learning racecraft? At the very least, Heimgartner has spent the year racing (and beating) guys like Bairdo and Steve Richards. Not to mention dabbling in endurance racing (he did a good job at the Hampton Downs 12 hour - driving an RSR). To me, the guy is a hell of a lot more prepared for the drive. Kudo's to the Kelly's for producing a show which has generated a result that - on the surface - appears to be not rigged.

Denyer not supplying his services for the final episode is strange. Considering filming from the show finished before the Townsville V8SC event, his absense seems odd. Maybe I'm underestimating the time it takes to cut and paste one of these shows together

Anyway, I hear (mah boy) Heimgartner's got plans for 2013 already underway - he made a teaser announcement on his Facebook page. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the Dunlop Series full-time.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 06:14 (Ref:3144006)   #74
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
Anyway, I hear (mah boy) Heimgartner's got plans for 2013 already underway - he made a teaser announcement on his Facebook page. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the Dunlop Series full-time.
Let me guess... a PMM/DJR run Falcon perhaps, alongside Mr Morris?
Old 1 Oct 2012, 09:52 (Ref:3144523)   #75
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Stories are always interesting. It seems likely that to satisfy sponsors and trans-Tasman rivalry, a Kiwi cannot win - Nick Cassidy runs rings around most of last year's field.

One would argue that Rex McCutcheon could smoke Jesse Dixon, but well done to Jesse on getting his chance.

Out of interest, does part of the Shannon's deal see them underwrite the car for crash?