Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11 Jan 2022, 20:38 (Ref:4093340)   #10
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here are a few articles that talk to the points I call out above. Some old, some newer.

Late December of this past year interview with FIA chief technology officer Nikolas Tombazis. (my quote below translated from German to English via Google Translate)

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...chef-tombazis/

Tombazis talks about adjusting rules mid-season as needed...
Quote:
Tombazis is confident that Formula 1 has learned from this experience: "The goals were correct. The basic measures too. The mistake was that the teams were given too much freedom. That is why the goals were missed in the end." For this reason, the 2022 rules are not cast in stone. "I expect adjustments over the course of the season if things don't work out as intended."
Old 2019 arcticle

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fi...85798/4985798/

Tombazis talks about teams exposing loopholes to the FIA in advance of car design (note, this is from 2019 when teams would have been much earlier in design)...
Quote:
"The reason teams, depending on their attitude or whether they are risk-prone or not, will do that is because they have found some loophole, they know it is against the intention of the rule, and we have up until a certain point in time to adjust the rules and make corrections.

"They don't want to necessarily spend three months on something and have the carpet pulled under their feet and lose three months.

"So sometimes some teams discover [something] and before they start spending resource there they want to be sure that it won't be somehow banned or whatever."
Article from fall of last year (2022 cars should have been mostly set in stone with respect to mechanical and aero concepts at this point)...

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/96880...gest-fear.html

Pat Symonds calling out that the FIA will protect the goals of the new rules...
Quote:
The transparency between the FIA and the teams is also there to ensure that the teams don't get any nasty surprises. "The FIA can ban a development if they feel it is not in the spirit of the regulations," warns Symonds. In view of the budget cap, the FIA banning certain developments could have nasty consequences if teams have to go back to the drawing board.
Richard